Affairs of the heart

Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affairs of the heart

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
When this stuff was taught to my girlies, and the arguments given tried to justify, convince and persuade them to accept this it caused all sorts of problems - I have highly opinionated daughters who are very verbal and can be particularly scathing at times.......... they ALWAYS had the last word.
There's always advantages and disadvantages in every culture and every religion...
Granted that man has the upper hand in marriage in Islam, but, also, in some other areas in life, women garner much more respect...For instance, show me anywhere in the western world where women can actually get ahead in queues or get special treatment in similar circumstances...There are also other examples I'm sure...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
There's always advantages and disadvantages in every culture and every religion...
Granted that man has the upper hand in marriage in Islam, but, also, in some other areas in life, women garner much more respect...For instance, show me anywhere in the western world where women can actually get ahead in queues or get special treatment in similar circumstances...There are also other examples I'm sure...
There are many good things about the way women are treated in Islam, but polygamy is not one of them and I will never be convinced otherwise.

If my Gorgeous Man said he would marry me, but keep his first wife too, I would quote "No lady would build her happiness on the back of another woman's misery" it's something I try very hard to live by and I would also expect my girlies to live by. And I'm not saying it's easy, but I think generally most women respect other women.

I'm going to shut up now.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Don't mention the fact that it often gets abused.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
There are many good things about the way women are treated in Islam, but polygamy is not one of them and I will never be convinced otherwise.

If my Gorgeous Man said he would marry me, but keep his first wife too, I would quote "No lady would build her happiness on the back of another woman's misery" it's something I try very hard to live by and I would also expect my girlies to live by. And I'm not saying it's easy, but I think generally most women respect other women.

I'm going to shut up now.
I am with you, believe me...
But, a man will always use things to his advantage in life...And Muslim religion is more skewed in our favour...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Don't mention the fact that it often gets abused.
Us Christians also abuse our religion...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:17 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever we can, but mainly on Friday nights.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Roadking
Whenever we can, but mainly on Friday nights.
You coveting your neighbour's wife again???
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you. But in your example, I'm just annoyed at the fact the some women use religion just to get the better of things and often times, it gets quite irritating. Dubai is the perfect country where we can see these things happening.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hear you. But in your example, I'm just annoyed at the fact the some women use religion just to get the better of things and often times, it gets quite irritating. Dubai is the perfect country where we can see these things happening.
You do know that in Islam, they get a good sum of money upfront and a good sum of money after divorce??? (Mu'addam and mu'akhkhar)...
Anyway, the battle of the sexes never end...And sad thing is nobody wins...
A man may win over here, and a woman will win somewhere else...The universe is all about balance...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

You do know that in Islam, they get a good sum of money upfront and a good sum of money after divorce??? (Mu'addam and mu'akhkhar)...
Anyway, the battle of the sexes never end...And sad thing is nobody wins...
A man may win over here, and a woman will win somewhere else...The universe is all about balance...
Amen.

But the question is... you think they are happy?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Amen.

But the question is... you think they are happy?
When was the last time you were truly happy??? And you're not married yet...

Only kids under 12 are happy...Then they learn the truths in life...
And at 16, they learn what dad is doing to mum at night...
Now, how much is a buttplug???
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

When was the last time you were truly happy??? And you're not married yet...

Only kids under 12 are happy...Then they learn the truths in life...
And at 16, they learn what dad is doing to mum at night...
Now, how much is a buttplug???
I can tell you the first time I was truly sad...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can tell you the first time I was truly sad...
Hope it was the last time you would endure it...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hope it was the last time you would endure it...
That's very kind of you. Hope it's not the last time you would wish something like that.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's very kind of you. Hope it's not the last time you would wish something like that.
Well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.