Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What had changed when you returned?

What had changed when you returned?

Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What had changed when you returned?

The police have launched this great site to see all reported crimes in your area for a fixed period, it breaks it down into different types.

Heres the link : http://www.police.uk/

applogies if this has been mentioned already I didnt make it through all previous posts
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Last week I found a great house for sale in my perfect location and for the right price. Very depressing to be stuck here and not able to just go buy it.

I think I have to stop looking at Rightmove. I'm wishing my life away.
I just found one that really seems to fit my criteria - now I just need my closing to go as planned and for it to stay for sale for the next 2 months so I can get home and check it out in person
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

SomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really niceSomersetGirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lorac05
I just found one that really seems to fit my criteria - now I just need my closing to go as planned and for it to stay for sale for the next 2 months so I can get home and check it out in person
Well, you might just be lucky, as from what I've seen of the stats, houses are staying on the market for a long time..I think the average is 200 days.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SomersetGirl
Well, you might just be lucky, as from what I've seen of the stats, houses are staying on the market for a long time..I think the average is 200 days.
I hope so - thought I have several (OK a lot) bookmarked that have potential. Just need to get back and check out the different areas personally. things move smoothly on this side of the pond and the exchange rate stops going in the wrong direction
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:16 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is crossed for you!

Will you be renting when you first get back? Which area are you headed to?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Everything is crossed for you!

Will you be renting when you first get back? Which area are you headed to?

Will be heading back to Mom and Dad who are in Wolverhampton. I'm looking to buy in the Cannock area - southern Staffs.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:22 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

That's another part of the UK I really don't know very well but i plan to put that right when we get back. Put the kettle on for me!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

That's another part of the UK I really don't know very well but i plan to put that right when we get back. Put the kettle on for me!
I just get all giddy with the expression "put the kettle on",its just so British and such a friendly gesture...........cant wait to get back so i can put my kettle on for a cuppa tea and a crack lol I laugh at my saying as the Canadain dont get ,but maybe you dont either .....we are from up north lol
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:41 pm
Finally Home!

We don't say 'crack' in Yorkshire but the term is very familiar meaning either a good laugh or a good old natter. I thought it was Irish though, so I'm surprised to learn they say it in Cumbria. Learn something every day!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

We don't say 'crack' in Yorkshire but the term is very familiar meaning either a good laugh or a good old natter. I thought it was Irish though, so I'm surprised to learn they say it in Cumbria. Learn something every day!
Yeah thats funny.......i often use to slip up and say it to the odd Canadian and i would get such a look lol
so when do you plan to go home ?
everyone says the country is in such a mess right now,but its now or never for us.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am so looking forwards to getting back and settled so I can explore our country again
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

bobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the roughbobbarker12345 is a jewel in the rough

not a good place to live if u suffer from seasonal affective disorder. the gloom is overwhelming.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345
not a good place to live if u suffer from seasonal affective disorder. the gloom is overwhelming.
Luckily I don't
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:40 pm
Finally Home!

Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
Yeah thats funny.......i often use to slip up and say it to the odd Canadian and i would get such a look lol
so when do you plan to go home ?
everyone says the country is in such a mess right now,but its now or never for us.
Sadly, I think it will be a few years for us. We have two chronically ill (but not terminally ill) cats. We can't put them through anesthesia for the micro-chipping as they may not make it through. So we are here for the time being.

But we go back to Cumbria later this year for another look round and we're already making or plans, clearing our house slowly, fixing things up etc. It's hard sometimes because I really just want to go, but it's not possible just yet so I have to make the best of it.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:42 pm
Finally Home!

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345
Mostly from the people

The places I want to live are not gloomy in winter at all. I think they're spectacularly beautiful actually. Then again, when I was an art student in Yorkshire, I used to love sitting out on the moors sketching in the fog and rain so I may not be entirely normal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.