Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What had changed when you returned?

What had changed when you returned?

Old Feb 8th 2011, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Default Re: What had changed when you returned?

Originally Posted by hayleyatfla
Good for you.. are you excited? is your wife? how long you been gone now Don..? Yeah we can definatly stay in touch i go back on the QM2 with my mom and dogs on Oct 7th cant wait.. I wish you all the luck in the world. you dont look 80 ... i shall be taking the trains all over england would love to meet up with you and your wife for a pint in the future...
I wish you all the happyness and success for your venture "home"
Hayley- Thanks for being interested. - many on this forum, already know those things, but when I am back, I will tell you privately- as I have lots about B'ham too.
First came here, after courting Tippawan, on Messenger and Skype, liked her very much, and perhaps, the language difficulty, helps - She now speaks very good English, but Thais, hate confrontation - so if you argue, they will leave it, and walk away. We went to UK, in 2007, stayed 5 months, then came back, She had land, and with my help financially, had built two bungalows, on this land, - Between my visits which is a 4 house plot. (One, small and this bigger one). The small one, is now rented out. The large one, will stay for any return.- hopefully, Not mine. She adores UK, and my Saughter, and out-laws -family. I have had 3 wives, First divorced, after she enjoyed my best mate, second, 36 years, then 'Tim'. My Daughter, had to give my tenants notice, clean through, and has filled it, with whatever she could lay hands on. So we are both so excited. Can't sleep! so there you go! love dontheturner

Last edited by dontheturner; Feb 8th 2011 at 4:14 am.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
We fly from Here ''Ubonratchathani'' at 9.45am, on the 20th (This month) arrive Bangkok at 10.50am, then leave there, at 00.10 ( Just turned midnight), and put watches back 7 hours, so arrive Heathrow @ 5.45am on the 21st. I now live in Wellington Shropshire, but as Tippawan, has never been to Brum, it distresses me, that she will never see Lewis's, as You and I recall it, being - there will never ever be another store, to come anywhere near it - just my opinion. - I have been, to many countries, and met many people, But I HAVE to return. Even though I am 80. - My father was a watchmaker, in Walsall, and bought everything he ever needed, in Hockley, so I know Warstone Lane, Vyse street, and all around there! .- Worked at Salford Bridge, in the Toll office on the canal, as I was a Toll Clerk, for a while, at the age of 14. Take care, (you can always PM me, if you want) - but the PC will be gone shortly, as we have sold it! dontheturner
Heavens, Don, that's SIX days away!!!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dunroving
The weather over much of July and August has really presented the best of the UK this year. My neighbour just told me they are predicting a particularly harsh winter this year (apparently certain autumn berries are showing early this year, go figure), but that's pretty much the norm round these parts.
I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this post from ages ago, I am only up to page 2 so far,
but your neighbour and his autumn berries have been proven right about the harsh winter.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Interesting, and it really depends. There are plenty of people on this very site who will tell you there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing - and that rugging up is all that is needed - and missed.

The reality is that anything over 30C and under 0C or near 0C is not much fun - when it is week in, week out - and depending on exactly what you are doing.

I don't mind cold, it's grey skies I am not so keen on.
Since moving to Brisbane I learnt to like the grey skies, I can't stand the intense sunlight and the UV index of 15 on a clear summers day. It may sound nice but it's not.