UK Migration has to stop

Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Migration has to stop

Now now children. Stop throwing the toys out of the pram
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:19 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themajor
Now now children. Stop throwing the toys out of the pram
That's Bud for you....he has been trolling this part of the forum for years....the same old stuff over and over again....he then gets pissed off if anyone challenges him

Strange how some people amuse themselves isn't it?
Old Jun 17th 2015, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
In fact many immigrants are educated and skilled--but they take low skilled jobs because they have to!!! (Many immigrant bus drivers/factory workers in the 60s -70s-80s had degrees).
If people have a good degree from a good university, then they will get a graduate type job. These are the type of UK educated international students the UK now keeps by making it easier for them to get a job. The UK now make it harder for the ones that no employer wants as a graduate, to stay.

If they got a degree outside the UK then they will need expereince as well as a good degree to get a visa. It will get harder for these as it looks like the UK is looking a raising the minimum salary required for a work visa and not allowing their dependants to work.

If an EEA citizen who got a degree outside the UK, they too will need a good degree with lots of expereince to be offered a graduate job in the UK. The ones doing with a degree doing low skilled work often find their degree isn't worth the paper it is written on.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
FYI. I will not respond to any more of your posts on this thread as you have a history of disrupting threads by posting irrelevant comments that have nothing to do with the subject matter and are designed to stir up trouble. e.g. post #84 on this thread.
Says the person who introduced Beeching and the Romans into this thread
Old Jun 18th 2015, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Says the person who introduced Beeching and the Romans into this thread

Whooooooooooshhh. 'twas nowt but a touch of humour, do lighten up. ,

Anyway, how can I take what you post seriously when, according to some, you have to actually live in England to have an opinion about the place .

C'est la vie.

Actually, I do take on board your comments, I just don't agree with all of them.

P.S. I still maintain the general principal of the OP, in that mass uncontrolled immigration is putting tremendous strain on the infrastructure and services. Not all the fault of immigration, and in some cases, such as the NHS, not the primary cause, but it certainly adds to the burden.

That's all I've been trying to say. Simples.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 6:38 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Whooooooooooshhh. 'twas nowt but a touch of humour, do lighten up. ,

Anyway, how can I take what you post seriously when, according to some, you have to actually live in England to have an opinion about the place .

C'est la vie.

Actually, I do take on board your comments, I just don't agree with all of them.

P.S. I still maintain the general principal of the OP, in that mass uncontrolled immigration is putting tremendous strain on the infrastructure and services. Not all the fault of immigration, and in some cases, such as the NHS, not the primary cause, but it certainly adds to the burden.

That's all I've been trying to say. Simples.
Actually Bud, living in 'the sunshine state' does put you at a disadvantage when commenting on the state of Britain's infrastructure.

For example, just at this moment, I'm having breakfast in a hotel overlooking the Thames, courtesy of a TV company. I travelled into London yesterday, using a transport infrastructure that seemed to be working fine to me. I'm being served by waiters, who from their complexions and accents, are all immigrants, as was the taxi driver I who brought me here. They don't appear to be 'putting a strain on infrastructure and services'; in fact they appear to be the infrastructure and services.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:10 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair to Bud, it's fairly widely acknowledged by the politicians that the schools and health services are currently strained by the increased immigration. Whether that means pulling up the drawbridge or building more services is a different argument.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone on here has there own oppinions. Thats healthy. However what ever we say it all boils down to the fact the our tiny Island of Great Britain is full to bursting. Not enough beds in Hospitals, not enough Dr's or nurses, not enough schools, not enough housing. So what has caused all this.
Simple realy..Too many people and the fact is that it is all down to mass immigration.

There that is my oppinion.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:35 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone on here has there own oppinions. Thats healthy. However what ever we say it all boils down to the fact the our tiny Island of Great Britain is full to bursting. Not enough beds in Hospitals, not enough Dr's or nurses, not enough schools, not enough housing. So what has caused all this.
Simple realy..Too many people and the fact is that it is all down to mass immigration.

Why is your opinion not, "we aren't building enough hospitals and schools"? There's plenty of space on this small island; its not mountainous in the way Japan is for instance. Even in the SE there is plenty of space for new buildings (not that I think it should be used when there are even more vast tracts up north).
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shard
Why is your opinion not, "we aren't building enough hospitals and schools"? There's plenty of space on this small island; its not mountainous in the way Japan is for instance. Even in the SE there is plenty of space for new buildings (not that I think it should be used when there are even more vast tracts up north).
Troll?
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:51 am
Yo

Troll?
No thanks, I already had a few for breakfast.

You could stop to think about your flimsy position when asked though. Whether it belies a general misunderstanding on population growth or is just gut xenophobia.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

While I agree that border controls and an immigration programme are very necessary. I think you have chosen a wrong example!!
There are not enough doctors and nurses because not enough are being trained in the UK. Since the 1940s, the NHS has too long relied on saving money by recruiting overseas staff. A point not often mentioned is that the children of nurses and doctors often also train to become doctors and nurses, the statistics don't take this into account.

Figures show extent of NHS reliance on foreign nationals | Society | The Guardian
Old Jun 18th 2015, 9:08 am
Yo

Originally Posted by Bipat
While I agree that border controls and an immigration programme are very necessary. I think you have chosen a wrong example!!
There are not enough doctors and nurses because not enough are being trained in the UK. Since the 1940s, the NHS has too long relied on saving money by recruiting overseas staff. A point not often mentioned is that the children of nurses and doctors often also train to become doctors and nurses, the statistics don't take this into account.

Figures show extent of NHS reliance on foreign nationals | Society | The Guardian
Plus quite a number of British doctors and nurses vacating these shores for sunnier or snowier climes.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

If the population was several million less then there would be enough beds,dr's,nurses,teachers,schools, etc etc. Just think back in time before all the MILLIONS of imigrants came here. Remember how we saw the Dr when we went the surgery, we did not have to make an appointment. Remember how when you were refered to a Consultant you saw him within a few days not several months. Remember when the school class rooms were only 12-15 pupils per lesson. The schools of nursing had waiting lists. All before the MILLIONS of immigrants came. Whem accident and Emergency was what it was for and not for patients who cannot get to see the Dr. remember when there was FREE dental care for everyone.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

If the population was several million less then there would be enough beds,dr's,nurses,teachers,schools, etc etc. Just think back in time before all the MILLIONS of imigrants came here. Remember how we saw the Dr when we went the surgery, we did not have to make an appointment. Remember how when you were refered to a Consultant you saw him within a few days not several months. Remember when the school class rooms were only 12-15 pupils per lesson. The schools of nursing had waiting lists. All before the MILLIONS of immigrants came. Whem accident and Emergency was what it was for and not for patients who cannot get to see the Dr. remember when there was FREE dental care for everyone.
As I have said above I agree that stricter controls are necessary but if I may say so the sort of exaggeration in your post is liable to cause ill feeling against 'immigrants', now British, who have and still do, work hard for the UK. Net migration per year is in thousands not millions.
What is your solution? Deport those foreign born???

(Many of the problems of the NHS are because there is so much more that can be done now in medicine and dentistry and it all costs time and money---Although a great many advances and innovations have been due to research and work by immigrants!!!!)

Last edited by Bipat; Jun 18th 2015 at 10:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.