Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

isleofmanmike, what about a different area of aus to persuade your family. We are still trying to get back to Brisbane, which is such a fantastic place for teenager's. So much to do and lot more opertunities for them (we think). I had allways said from the very first time we went, that if one person in the family wasn't happy then we would come back, and that's what happened. And they realized that they had made a mistake and miss it very much. So am now trying to get back to stage one. Are you yearning for aus and happy to stay in UK, or would you try again if your family would. Why was it your wife and children would not go back? I was strong the first two times and ready to make a new life there no matter what, but now this time trying to get back i feel apprehensive a bit. things seemed to fall into place before, but this time it seems such a struggle to get anywhere. probably as their are so many more people now, its harder to find work e,c,t.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

martin davidson is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ya mike how have you been? i think alot of people come back to the uk then realise yep there is another place to live and think what the heck then go back,we have all done it least we can say we are not boring,so the mrs still dosent want to go? i think for alot of people its daunting and going into the unknown and its ahuge risk and gamble,its amazing how many people say that oz is boring i found you got bored of the weather and the bbqs and visiting the same place bit soleless i suppose,but we are all diffrerent, life is crazy ginney:thumbs
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Reluctantly returning to UK....:(

Originally Posted by bluejohn
Hand on heart I still think Australia is best for the children , even my oh agrees. I know what you mean about places close to you. I went to Nottingham city centre yesterday they have a wheel like the London Eye and I went to take some photos and to sit in the sun, the weather is beautiful. The market square is really nice in the city and very clean but I got really peed off by a family with 10 kids yes I did say ten , mind one or two could have belonged to the teenage daughter, they threw their litter on the floor,loud ,abnoxious and generally gross . Chav central sometimes.

I think homesickness is a horrible thing and can kick in well and truly in the first 6 months, problem with it is that you can get so negative about everything ,and things can get really black , it's that kind of pain that can send people back home very quickly. strange because I have felt like that about OZ but I am ok now I know I am going home.
I have witnessed the same behaviour you mention here in Victoria. There seem to be as many chavs here as what we encountered in one of the towns close to us in the uk.
It seems that what we've been used to in uk is only just happening over here.....the joy riding kids, the alco pop fuelled brawls in the town on a fri nite etc. I believe that uk is slowly coming out of that cycle.....with a bit of luck they are all coming here and when we get home it will be back to being lovely again!!! Yippee!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:09 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kelbelinoz
I have witnessed the same behaviour you mention here in Victoria. There seem to be as many chavs here as what we encountered in one of the towns close to us in the uk.
It seems that what we've been used to in uk is only just happening over here.....the joy riding kids, the alco pop fuelled brawls in the town on a fri nite etc. I believe that uk is slowly coming out of that cycle.....with a bit of luck they are all coming here and when we get home it will be back to being lovely again!!! Yippee!!
It is strange but things to seem to go round in cycles. I was thinking that in Oz wasn't so much chavs and we don't have a name for them really , the mulletted, barefooted, foul mouth trog. He is there but we don't have a name for them.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

bluejohn, are you coming back to uk? have you had anough of oz, and how long have you been there. Just wondering if it has got worse over there since we last went out.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:39 am
Just Joined

i totally agree with the last 2 quotes when i was in oz you would think that we were in the uk,drink and drugs were quite big amongst the young teenagers or young adults and i noticed that alot of people drank huge amount of alchol and drove they didnt think that was a big problem so maybe the uk isnt that bad,its my home and i love it its what you no. i think boredom was a key factor with the youngsters, everyone one paints this wonderful picture of oz dont get me wrong it is a nice place but like anything when you have lived there like alot of us its a real eye opener,you still get the boy racers in there big zupted up cars,violence etc difference is with the uk its always in the local paper etc but with oz its always kept quite, and another thing that got me no im not a winging pomme but its like you could take your dog for a walk in the poshest suberb or by the swan river and there was so much dog mess and people dont care yeah just like the uk or any where in the world so to me take away the glourious sunshine etc and you could be any where,it is nice to read the nice stories but its even nicer when alot of people on this forum are very straight and honest well done you lot. where ever you are have a great day.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martin davidson
i totally agree with the last 2 quotes when i was in oz you would think that we were in the uk,drink and drugs were quite big amongst the young teenagers or young adults and i noticed that alot of people drank huge amount of alchol and drove they didnt think that was a big problem so maybe the uk isnt that bad,its my home and i love it its what you no. i think boredom was a key factor with the youngsters, everyone one paints this wonderful picture of oz dont get me wrong it is a nice place but like anything when you have lived there like alot of us its a real eye opener,you still get the boy racers in there big zupted up cars,violence etc difference is with the uk its always in the local paper etc but with oz its always kept quite, and another thing that got me no im not a winging pomme but its like you could take your dog for a walk in the poshest suberb or by the swan river and there was so much dog mess and people dont care yeah just like the uk or any where in the world so to me take away the glourious sunshine etc and you could be any where,it is nice to read the nice stories but its even nicer when alot of people on this forum are very straight and honest well done you lot. where ever you are have a great day.
What part of oz were you in that had all these problems?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:11 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ausi dream
bluejohn, are you coming back to uk? have you had anough of oz, and how long have you been there. Just wondering if it has got worse over there since we last went out.
I am in the UK at the moment, oh was offered a contract here for work. It as all got a bit complicated, my oh wanted to stay and make it a permanent move but I didn't because our 4 adult children live in OZ and we are due to have our first grandchild. However I have been here 5 months and really love it. We had decided we wouldn't stay for the second half of the work contract and return, however 2 of my sons are angry with us, apparently what we have put them through, the other 2 kids are excited and happy we are coming back sooner rather than later. Now I am just confused as hell. We still have a house in Oz and to say there as been problems in the beginning with the rental is an understatement.
Australia is like anywhere else really, it depends where you live. This is the quietest most peaceful place I have lived in 20 years! No hoons, no one being an ass at 5am/ 6am in the morning.It has been bliss.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:15 am
Just Joined

we were in perth willetton-rossmoyne wouldnt really say that there were problems it was just things that we came across and saw things that you would see in the uk,dont get me wrong its a lovely place espeacially going to freemantle etc having your snapper and chips my point was that you get theses sort of problems where ever you live,it just amazed me that there were some beautiful suberbs and people disrespected some places,there are some rough or bad places just like the uk,so if you are going there to emmigrate just do your homework.we lived in willetton-rossmoyne and house prices have shot up so much more than the uk ,typical 4 by 2 $500 -525000 dollars,when we brought a yr and half ago 4 by 2 tripple garage and pool $350.000 dollars so quite a leap,real estate agents loving it. so are you living in oz or are you in the uk? im off to work soon so love to read your reply later.basically all i was trying to get across was that oz is not perfect still got the same crime rate etc same as the uk,i just found that perth was very isolated and should of gone some where else.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:21 am
to be or not to be...

The thing is here in the UK things are reported and discussed maybe too much sometimes. I am watching the Wright Stuff and I don't think that there is anything like it in OZ because it would be admitting we are not perfect after all. It worries me that Australians see them selves as the bees knees, but equally the UK swings far to much the other way.
I never liked the fact in OZ that if you had an English accent you are not allowed to complain about anything without being given the label of whinging pom . It is very derogatory to use this every time you open your mouth even to complain about your bill or something minor being wrong.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

hi blue john i feel exactly the same as you feel very contented now after our move back and fourth,must be something about the uk as us pommes alaways come back,something draws you back,i really enjoy on a nice summers evening going to the local pub or taking a drive out into the countryside and sitting down having a nice ploughmans and half lager and lime sad i no but thats a fact,when i was in oz it was silly things like that and when it was xmas putting your tree up and seeing the lights twinkle coz it was cold and dark outside,not like oz couldnt see me blimming lights as it was too sunny ha ha cant please us all ,must go to work could sit here all day,
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

again thumbs up john you have hit the nail on the head they think that they are bigger and better than us,and amazingley most of them have never been outside oz and that have no comparasment,or experienced things sometimes i think that they are in a time warp,but if it wasnt for us pommes there economy wouldnt be what it is today.must go to work
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

again thumbs up john you have hit the nail on the head they think that they are bigger and better than us,and amazingley most of them have never been outside oz and that have no comparasment,or experienced things sometimes i think that they are in a time warp,but if it wasnt for us pommes there economy wouldnt be what it is today.must go to work
don't be so bloody daft. go and get a life ffs.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluejohn
It is strange but things to seem to go round in cycles. I was thinking that in Oz wasn't so much chavs and we don't have a name for them really , the mulletted, barefooted, foul mouth trog. He is there but we don't have a name for them.
They're called bogans here in Queensland ... and there's plenty of 'em unfortunately.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Something to make you laugh:

http://www.bogan.com.au/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.