Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:11 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by jasper123
Thanks Pollyana,
I understand completely, I myself have been guilty at times of partially deleting someones post when I quote them,

I got a question for you, say you want to quote someones post and its a rather long one so you dont want to have there whole post showing when you quote them as you are Just specifically responding to just a part of there post? you know what I mean dont you? so what do you do so only the part of there post shows? ---- the part that you are responding to,
Thanks,
Rodney.
You could highlight the section you want to answer, then hit the bold button up top, it's a B Then it shows up when you have quoted them like I highlighted a bit of your post
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You could highlight the section you want to answer, then hit the bold button up top, it's a B Then it shows up when you have quoted them like I highlighted a bit of your post
Wanted to see if I could do it...
Old Feb 15th 2012, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Thats great...Thanks mummy
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
Thats great...Thanks mummy
That row of icons at the top when you reply is all kinds of fun
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I got a question for you, say you want to quote someones post and its a rather long one so you dont want to have there whole post showing when you quote them as you are Just specifically responding to just a part of there post? you know what I mean dont you? so what do you do so only the part of there post shows? ---- the part that you are responding to,
Thanks,
Rodney.
Either you can follow the route of putting it in bold or you can try removing the bit you don't want.
Where it messes up is when people remove the [ and ] at the ends of the quote. If you open up a post as if you are going to reply to it, you will see at the beginning of the quoted post it has square brackets [ ] enclosing the words quote=Postersname . Then at the end there are [ ] again enclosing the word /quote
Those two bits - the brackets AND the words - need to stay untouched.
So you can remove part of the post within the brackets, like I've done here, but as long as the brackets and the words within them stay untouched it will still show up as a quoted post.

Click on the two screenshots below and you will see what I mean - in both of them I have quoted a post of yours - in one I've removed some of the words in the quote, but because those brackets at the beginning and the end are unchanged, it will still show up properly when I reply to it

Hope that makes sense!!
Attached Thumbnails OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II-quote1.jpg   OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II-quote2.jpg  
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

That row of icons at the top when you reply is all kinds of fun
OK Mummy here goes, first time Ive done this ----- didn't have a clue before so thanks
So Im going to highlight a little of your post, and then hit the B button at top, ----- here I go
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OK Mummy here goes, first time Ive done this ----- didn't have a clue before so thanks
So Im going to highlight a little of your post, and then hit the B button at top, ----- here I go
Looks like that worked
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Either you can follow the route of putting it in bold or you can try removing the bit you don't want.

Click on the two screenshots below and you will see what I mean - in both of them I have quoted a post of yours - in one I've removed some of the words in the quote, but because those brackets at the beginning and the end are unchanged, it will still show up properly when I reply to it

Hope that makes sense!!
OK Pollyana Im going to try this now, Im deleting a big part of your post (BUT) I am leaving in the brackets at the start and end of your quote,
Im also going to do a double whammy and highlight a little at the top of your post, ----- Thank you soooooo much so here goes.
Rodney.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my!

I may have it.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Looks like that worked
Thanks so much Pollyana, WOW by jove I think Ive got it!!!!!
My Dad always used to tell me when he was alive ------ some people live and learn ----- and some people Just live!!!!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks so much Mummy, I just love learning stuff like this, so thank you!!!!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Oh my!

I may have it.
Good on ya Cheers, now its time for us to practice on a few of the upcoming posts, its lovely learning to do this aint it
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya Cheers, now its time for us to practice on a few of the upcoming posts, its lovely learning to do this aint it
Do we have it??

Just practicing.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:43 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by cheers
Do we have it??

Just practicing.
Next lesson, make a word or words turn blue so others can click on it to a link you have provided?

Like this, I love the BBC don't you.
I'll be back later with that one
Old Feb 16th 2012, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Next lesson, make a word or words turn blue so others can click on it to a link you have provided?

Like this, I love the BBC don't you.
I'll be back later with that one
Now MITF thats what I need to learn also, but first how do you even provide the link so people can click on it, say I went to BBC 1 and wanted to quote a story, or even go to U-TUBE say and I wanted to share a special Video song clip, how do I get that link on B.E.? others make it look so easy and Ive always wished that I could do it myself, Hmmmmm talk about being clueless ------ I will be waiting very eagerly for the next lesson,
Rodney.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.