Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Do you worry about raising your kids in the UK?

Do you worry about raising your kids in the UK?

Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:49 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you worry about raising your kids in the UK?

I'm pleased your son got home safe G'd, I know what a worry it must have been for you believe me.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Originally Posted by lissaloo
well i don't read the papers so i wouldn't know... i don't know where you live but if you lived where i do you would know where i'm coming from...i don't begrudge anyone anything but things are given to others and not our own the brits deserve more than they get our kids deserve more but they don't get it our taxes are going sky high to accommodate others our own live on the street but the others come and get cars and homes and money ....our kids will suffer in the future it's not fair to them....i do feel strongly about this but blame the goverment not the muslims or the assylem seekers like me they want a better life.. but how many more can uk take were over crowded already!

were going under surly you can't deny that..
Have you worked out the Aussie Tax rates yet.....it makes the UK seem like a virtual tax haven................
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Originally Posted by pgtips
I agree, this kind of ignorance comes from a lack of education and these papers prey on the weak minds they can manipulate, and just as long as they can continue selling their papers to these people they will print sensationalised headlines to feed their appetite.

Every sixty seconds you waste hating on others, is a minute of your life you could have spent on love and growth.

Bigotry, racism, hatred are all such a waste of our limited time we have been given on this earth.

When we all have to answer to God for our actions are we going to say Lord I wasted my life hating someone because the colour of their skin, religion, size, shape etc.

Life is too precious for this, and every new race I am lucky to meet and learn about their traits, good and bad, I find this a great blessing. One love !!!

Could not agree more......we should all learn to live in harmony.....after living in Aussie for 15 years I know what being a minority immigrant feels like......been called a Pommy B.......more time than I can remember...always with a laugh though.....
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ezzie;5830235]Gorgeous! Lucky sods. My daughter is determined to go to Cambridge (not on overseas student fees she won't!!!!!) I wouldn't put it past her either, she's got nerves of steel and the tenacity of a terrier that one.

We heard actually driving into Cambridge now and parking is not for the faint-hearted and requires a pre-packed picnic basket for all the traffic jams!

[quote=chance to be;5830116]
Originally Posted by ezzie
That's fantastic....where have you moved back to in the UK? That really must have cemented the feeling that moving back was the right decision.
Ezzie, I cant be online long now - but the school sit isnt as bad as you think and I will pm you later

C
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:14 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
you should teach him 1800 REVERSE. then he can call from anywhere.
Never heard of that either. Going to try it now out of curiousity. I think you can do it via the 'operator' also - instructions inside the pay phone boxes. Well you used to be able to years ago when I was a teenager, maybe this is the 'new' equivalent.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:43 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I'm pleased your son got home safe G'd, I know what a worry it must have been for you believe me.

St Georges Girl, can you get rid of that avator of you...I have to go for a cold shower now and again.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:06 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
St Georges Girl, can you get rid of that avator of you...I have to go for a cold shower now and again.
I did change it back to my old one for afew days, but then I was asked to put this one back. I can't win. BTW, it's only my face and not my body.

Paul made it for me...........
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=354
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=gsxrmad;5830601][QUOTE=ezzie;5829791]That's fantastic....where have you moved back to in the UK? That really must have cemented the feeling that moving back was the right decision.

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hi we are moving back to northamptonshire next week! WE are sooooo excited.
My 17 year old got himself lost last night!!!! No money left his phone at home etc... he rang us from a call box, just got 1 word then would cut off!!! Nightmare, we tried ringing the mobile who he had rung us earlier with to say he was going to the pub after work and would get a lift home. The guy (so called work mate said'we lost him' and put the phone down, and turned his phone off!!! As you can imagine all things going through my head now!!!My husband went to morley, cause he sometimes meets people there, but could be in burswood!!! We really did not know where to start. Finally 2am he walked up the street, I gave him a big hug and said I was so scared. He said you were scared, I was crapping myself, throught i would have to sleep on the side of the road.
Anyway he was drunk got himself lost in DUNCRAIG, flagged down a bus driver, who took him back to the station, then brought him up to hocking for free!!! I could hug that man, I am going to ring and buy that man a few drinks. It could have turned out so differently.
My son said, 'Ill be glad when we get home and I know where the bloody hell I am!!!'
So will I!

I am so glad he turned up safely but I did smile when I read it, your son has a great sense of humour
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=chance to be;5833156][QUOTE=ezzie;5830235]Gorgeous! Lucky sods. My daughter is determined to go to Cambridge (not on overseas student fees she won't!!!!!) I wouldn't put it past her either, she's got nerves of steel and the tenacity of a terrier that one.

We heard actually driving into Cambridge now and parking is not for the faint-hearted and requires a pre-packed picnic basket for all the traffic jams!

Originally Posted by chance to be

Ezzie, I cant be online long now - but the school sit isnt as bad as you think and I will pm you later

C
Good luck to her, Cambridge is a great place to go!

As for driving in town - dont bother, it has a very efficient park and ride program! Your daughter will just need a bike!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=quoll;5837064][quote=chance to be;5833156
As for driving in town - dont bother, it has a very efficient park and ride program! Your daughter will just need a bike![/quote]

......yes, a bike and a UAI of 99.5! (she asked them)

I downloaded a couple of GCSE exam papers yesterday and at first glance I was amazed how easy they were compared to the NSW School Certificate papers

....wish I'd had these GCSE questions in my day, I might have done alright then!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:14 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I did change it back to my old one for afew days, but then I was asked to put this one back. I can't win. BTW, it's only my face and not my body.

Paul made it for me...........
[url]http://britishexpats.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5809758&postcount=354[/u

rl]

Liar
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:35 pm
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ezzie;5839184]
Originally Posted by quoll

......yes, a bike and a UAI of 99.5! (she asked them)

I downloaded a couple of GCSE exam papers yesterday and at first glance I was amazed how easy they were compared to the NSW School Certificate papers

....wish I'd had these GCSE questions in my day, I might have done alright then!
It might be because the NSW HSC is year 12 so therefore equivalent to A level.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

[QUOTE=bramblebush;5836953][QUOTE=gsxrmad;5830601]
Originally Posted by ezzie
That's fantastic....where have you moved back to in the UK? That really must have cemented the feeling that moving back was the right decision.

I am so glad he turned up safely but I did smile when I read it, your son has a great sense of humour
Thanks. Yes he is abit of a nutter!!!!!
When are you heading back to uk?
We are going on thursday, funny but I was crying because I miss my little nephew Ryan (3) and family etc.. now I am crying because I cant wait to see them at Heathrow!!!
Everyone who thinks you should stay longer etc...give it time etc... are mad. I think personally, physically, emotionally or financially we could not stay another 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

All those heading back, please do keep in touch on the boards and let us know how you're getting on...hearing all the good and bad I'm sure will help those unsure of what to do. Safe trip!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:35 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Liar
My jugs aren't as juicy...

Originally Posted by alicecat
It might be because the NSW HSC is year 12 so therefore equivalent to A level.
You are right, that's exactly the reason.

Originally Posted by gsxrmad
Thanks. Yes he is abit of a nutter!!!!! When are you heading back to uk? We are going on thursday, funny but I was crying because I miss my little nephew Ryan (3) and family etc.. now I am crying because I cant wait to see them at Heathrow!!! Everyone who thinks you should stay longer etc...give it time etc... are mad. I think personally, physically, emotionally or financially we could not stay another 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I envy you so much. I have this feeling of impending doom that I just can't shake off. I thought this would be the year we would be making plans to go home for good as it's our sons last at uni (I hope), but the goalposts keep being moved and now my OH is saying we should definitely go back in August for a visit. I don't want that, I want to go home and not have the upset of having to leave my family again. Heavens, I have waited for 11 years, how much longer I can wait is anyones guess. Aaaagh!

I wish you the very best of luck in Northants. and a safe journey home too. Please let us know how things are going when you are settled. Where in Northants. is home for you?

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 26th 2008 at 1:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.