Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by lf1
We've been chatting about gardening on another thread, so thought it was time to update the green fingers on the upcoming gardening telly.

Britain's Best Back Gardens starts Tuesday, 6 Jan @ 8.00 pm on ITV

The Big Allotment Challenge starts Friday, 2 January @ 9.00 pm on BBC2

Great British Garden Revival starts Jan 6 on BBC2 @ 7.00 pm

Show Me Your Garden, Friday, 2 Jan @ 8.00 pm on Sky1 HD
Ahh lovely. It's time some good gardening shows were back Speaking of which Mr Hoppy has a lovely balcony garden in Esio Trot (previously mentioned) that we see a good deal of. Highly recommend.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all for the information on TV programs, I am about to write them all down. I look on You Tube and then go to my BBC and ITV I players.

I am really tired of all the dark misery laden Murder Mysteries. Give me a quick murder and I would rather they don't involve children.

Have to write down all the Gardening shows lots of information can be found on those shows.

In between I have to cook clean read my books embroider and take the dog for a walk. my to do list just gets longer.....
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:58 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Thankyou all for the information on TV programs, I am about to write them all down. I look on You Tube and then go to my BBC and ITV I players.

I am really tired of all the dark misery laden Murder Mysteries. Give me a quick murder and I would rather they don't involve children.

Have to write down all the Gardening shows lots of information can be found on those shows.

In between I have to cook clean read my books embroider and take the dog for a walk. my to do list just gets longer.....
Trotty, I'm with you on the "dark misery laden murder mysteries". You might enjoy "Murder in Paradise" which starts a new season on BBC1, this Thursday at 9.00 pm. It is a bit more "light hearted" (if one can describe murder as such). Midsomer Murders in the Caribbean!!!

I like "Father Brown" because it is an old fashioned murder mystery with some humour and his housekeeper (or is it secretary) cracks me up with her busybody ways.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Wombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond reputeWombat7 has a reputation beyond repute

I love Rosemary and Thyme - gardening and murder
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 11:59 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wombat7
I love Rosemary and Thyme - gardening and murder
Another fan here!!
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Granchester is nice and light.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Another fan here!!
+2
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Trotty, I'm with you on the "dark misery laden murder mysteries". You might enjoy "Murder in Paradise" which starts a new season on BBC1, this Thursday at 9.00 pm. It is a bit more "light hearted" (if one can describe murder as such). Midsomer Murders in the Caribbean!!!

I like "Father Brown" because it is an old fashioned murder mystery with some humour and his housekeeper (or is it secretary) cracks me up with her busybody ways.
Will have to try Father Brown. Missed it somehow.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 12:02 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Granchester is nice and light.
Yes, I enjoyed that too.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 12:06 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Will have to try Father Brown. Missed it somehow.
For some reason, they air it in the afternoons in the UK. I record it and watch it later. If think it would do well in an evening slot, but what do I know!!
Old Jan 4th 2015, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

1f1..Do you think they are repeats they dont put new shows on in the afternoon here.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

I enjoyed Granchester..Do you think it will be back.
Father Brown I can get him on Netflix ...have been quite a few actors taken that roll. But I do enjoy the latest one and his housekeeper.
Rosemary and Thyme...Watched them all but enjoy watching them again.
Midsomer Murderes my favourite. Love the music.
Murder in Paradise....I like but I liked the first actor, maybe get use to the new one.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 9:45 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

1f1..Do you think they are repeats they dont put new shows on in the afternoon here.
I don't think they are repeats, According to the online TV Guide this is a new series. Trotty, I am attaching a link to the online UK TV Guide which you might find helpful in keeping track of the programmes you want to watch.

Download the Free TVGuide.co.uk App!

I don't always use this this TV Guide, but it does come in handy sometimes.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

lf1.....thankyou.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:18 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Hurray - the new 2nd series of 'Broadchurch' starts tonight on ITV 1 at 9pm UK time!

I just hope I can stay awake to watch it as I'm horribly jetlagged; we spent Christmas at our house in New Jersey and in Vermont and flew back to Zurich on Saturday night, arriving at our apartment here in Zug at 3.30pm.

We tried to stay awake but were both 'blacking out' as we were watching the Top Gear part 1 special on Patagonia/Argentina and went to bed at 9pm local time here (3pm ET in New York/NJ).

I was wide awake at 3.30am this morning and the bedroom seemed a bit hot, so I opened the window. I got back into bed (spouse was snoring his head off) and I could hear the bells on the sheep from the farm behind the apartment....I don't know what they are doing wandering around in the wee small hours lol so then it took even longer to go back to sleep! At 7am my husband woke up and complained that he'd overslept by an hour as I'd kept him awake by my constant tossing and turning all night!

PS: 'Last Tango in Halifax' is also back - my husband had recorded the 1st episode which we'd missed and it was excellent. However, we were just too tired to watch it last night and hope to catch up later this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.