Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:09 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Haven't seen the last couple of episodes because I had already lost interest. Looks like I am not missing out on anything!

On a side note, I came across History of Scotland and am now in love with Neil Oliver
Hands off!!!! He's mine

You might like "Coast". He is one of the presenters in that.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Hands off!!!! He's mine

You might like "Coast". He is one of the presenters in that.
Just because you are now living in Scotland doesn't give you exclusive rights

I looked up his website and saw that about Coast. Will be looking into that asap And may I say, I am in two minds about whether it is his long dark flowing hair or his snaggle tooth that is the most attractive
Old Jun 19th 2013, 2:05 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just because you are now living in Scotland doesn't give you exclusive rights

I looked up his website and saw that about Coast. Will be looking into that asap And may I say, I am in two minds about whether it is his long dark flowing hair or his snaggle tooth that is the most attractive
Or his voice!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
Or his voice!
Well that's a given - so I didn't even mention it Most of the time I wasn't even following what he was saying
Old Aug 31st 2013, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished watching 'Skint'. A documentary about families on an estate in Scunthorpe. Not sure if the producers were 100% serious about the subject as, to me, it seemed more voyeuristic than thought provoking. Nonetheless, I found it compulsive viewing. ( with some genuine, though unintentional, funny moments.)
Old Aug 31st 2013, 8:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bud the Wiser
Just finished watching 'Skint'. A documentary about families on an estate in Scunthorpe. Not sure if the producers were 100% serious about the subject as, to me, it seemed more voyeuristic than thought provoking. Nonetheless, I found it compulsive viewing. ( with some genuine, though unintentional, funny moments.)
Worked in Scunthorpe for 40 years, and it doesn't seem to have changed in the 9 years since I left..
Old Aug 31st 2013, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Worked in Scunthorpe for 40 years, and it doesn't seem to have changed in the 9 years since I left..
Did you see the programme? and was it a true reflection on the town? or just the programme makers highlighting a certain area?
Old Sep 1st 2013, 6:20 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the programme? and was it a true reflection on the town? or just the programme makers highlighting a certain area?
Not seen it, but watched the trailer, even with that short bit I recognised the aeas, no it's not a true reflection of the town, but just of a certain area, which was well known as a problem area.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 6:27 am
Concierge

Started to watch 'Stepping Out' last night, supposed to be ITV's answer to Strictly, verdict.

RUBBISH

Took well over an hour to show 6 couples dancing anything from tap to street, all on a tiny stage woith little room to move round, and couples, not a pro + celeb.

Problem with the one couple we watched was they were trying to do disco, surrounded by a group of professional disco dancers, which just showed up how bad they were. Couple was Denise Welch and new hubby. On the judging panel was Jason Gardner, who had been less than supportive of her on the Ice Dancing. Couldn't be arsed to even watch his comments but watched an old episode of Downton. Rewatching that before the new series starts later this month.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Started to watch 'Stepping Out' last night, supposed to be ITV's answer to Strictly, verdict.

RUBBISH

Took well over an hour to show 6 couples dancing anything from tap to street, all on a tiny stage woith little room to move round, and couples, not a pro + celeb.

Problem with the one couple we watched was they were trying to do disco, surrounded by a group of professional disco dancers, which just showed up how bad they were. Couple was Denise Welch and new hubby. On the judging panel was Jason Gardner, who had been less than supportive of her on the Ice Dancing. Couldn't be arsed to even watch his comments but watched an old episode of Downton. Rewatching that before the new series starts later this month.
I've never got into those Strictly/Big Brother/XFactor/Talent Shows. Over hyped rubbish. Yet the viewing figures show I'm in a minority. Oh well.

Managed to watch the first series of 'Luther' the other night. Liked it. Also watched an old programme called 'The Lakes'. I recommend it. A young John Simm ( Life on Mars ) playing a leading role.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 12:55 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

I've never got into those Strictly/Big Brother/XFactor/Talent Shows. Over hyped rubbish. Yet the viewing figures show I'm in a minority. Oh well.

Managed to watch the first series of 'Luther' the other night. Liked it. Also watched an old programme called 'The Lakes'. I recommend it. A young John Simm ( Life on Mars ) playing a leading role.
I am with you on the "talent/reality" shows. I just don't understand what is appealing about them. They all come across as being fake. I'll have to keep my eye out for The Lakes. I loved John Simm in Life on Mars, but I couldn't stand Keely Hawes' character in Ashes to Ashes, so I gave up on that show.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:29 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...an old programme called 'The Lakes'. I recommend it. A young John Simm ( Life on Mars ) playing a leading role.
Brilliant series.

Both of them.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 3:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Not a reality show fan either but I do like Strictly and any of the Masterchef genres. New series this week of Doc Martin and Whitechapel. What Remains is a new series currently 2 episodes in on BBC1. Stars David Threlfall of Shameless. Seems odd seeing him in a normal role and not as Frank Gallagher!! It's not bad, final episode next Sunday night. Also enjoying Great Bakeoff (another reality I guess ) and Who do you think you are. Lots to be watching.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
I am with you on the "talent/reality" shows. I just don't understand what is appealing about them. They all come across as being fake. I'll have to keep my eye out for The Lakes. I loved John Simm in Life on Mars, but I couldn't stand Keely Hawes' character in Ashes to Ashes, so I gave up on that show.
Where can I see Life on Mars? I missed the series but managed to find a couple of two minute teasers on you tube and that's it. It looks intriguing and I do like John Simm.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 10:35 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Where can I see Life on Mars? I missed the series but managed to find a couple of two minute teasers on you tube and that's it. It looks intriguing and I do like John Simm.
it is a great show, especially if you lived through the 70's. It is available on Netflix. I have jut signed up for a 30 day free trial. Also, check your local library. The Calgary library system had the best collection of British TV on DVD, so maybe you local one will too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.