Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:36 am
C'est la vie

TaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond reputeTaviraTrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Just one of many thousands of Tourists here and treated as such despite my best efforts. Also got ripped off in Burgau so we're both looking forward to the second part of our trip.
Could it be because you were in unknown territory? We know, and are known by, several of the local shopkeepers and bar/restaurant owners here in Tavira and are treated like regulars. And they all seem to appreciate our attempts to speak their language.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Green_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud ofGreen_shutters has much to be proud of

We and our friends have always been made to feel welcome. Any attempts to to speak Portuguese have always been appreciated. So few Brits try it is embarrassing. They put up with my poor prounciation and smile sweetly. If you ask how to say it properly I have find they go out of their way to help. And if you try where you are not known and you get it it right the reply at 100mph tends to catch you by surprise!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:42 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Ola amigos!

Just checking in.

Weather here has been muito cack but seems to have brighttened up today. Looked for your shop Gazz but couldnt find it in Lagos. I'll look again today and may pop in to say hello. Considering going up to Cascais tomorrow for one night before moving on to Leiria.

Algarve so far.....?

Not for us I'm afraid. Just one of many thousands of Tourists here and treated as such despite my best efforts. Also got ripped off in Burgau so we're both looking forward to the second part of our trip.

Anyway, only got 2 minutes of air time left so better sign off. Hope you're all well. Might see you soon Gazzer

PS: For Cleri and Nomes..... what happened to Sporting last night

Laterz
if you see it in time Rua vasco da gama, behind avenida, sorry to hear that you have had a few probs, most unusual for the area?, have a good trip up north though hope you find where you want to be!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:44 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green_shutters
We and our friends have always been made to feel welcome. Any attempts to to speak Portuguese have always been appreciated. So few Brits try it is embarrassing. They put up with my poor prounciation and smile sweetly. If you ask how to say it properly I have find they go out of their way to help. And if you try where you are not known and you get it it right the reply at 100mph tends to catch you by surprise!
?????
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:49 pm
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Just as Paul is leaving.....
I love you Paul...glhhhh! glhhh!
Whatever you post Paul ...glhhhhhg! glhhhg!

Last edited by Nomad_H; Apr 21st 2008 at 6:51 pm. Reason: couldnt get the "glgh" right.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:56 pm
---------

Originally Posted by TaviraTrog
Could it be because you were in unknown territory? We know, and are known by, several of the local shopkeepers and bar/restaurant owners here in Tavira and are treated like regulars. And they all seem to appreciate our attempts to speak their language.
Oh you are so marvellous. I am so jealous. God I wish I was you.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nomad_H
She`s only after his downstairs wine rack. ;-))
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:40 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
She`s only after his downstairs wine rack. ;-))
You got that wrong, it's the whole cellar I'm aiming for.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:59 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
You got that wrong, it's the whole cellar I'm aiming for.
Greedy girl.....

Wine cellars, I never could understand the point of storing it. ;-))
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:13 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Greedy girl.....

Wine cellars, I never could understand the point of storing it. ;-))
Have you seen Cav's wine cellar? I could live in it, at least until the wine runs dry.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:00 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Nomad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea man...... But..... I don't roll that way .... sorry...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:02 am
---------

Originally Posted by cavalierhome
Nomad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea man...... But..... I don't roll that way .... sorry...
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:05 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back to the US....

Tired.....

It was fun and I wish we could have met some of you peeps.

I miss Portugal already....

Unfortunaly I won't be getting any rest... I have a sh%t load of Sh%t being delivered for my vegetable garden and we have to till it in today.

I took some film of the area. When I figure it out I will put it on the net for you guys to see where we were.

Cheers
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:22 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by cavalierhome
Just got back to the US....

Tired.....

It was fun and I wish we could have met some of you peeps.

I miss Portugal already....

Unfortunaly I won't be getting any rest... I have a sh%t load of Sh%t being delivered for my vegetable garden and we have to till it in today.

I took some film of the area. When I figure it out I will put it on the net for you guys to see where we were.

Cheers
Glad to hear you and your family arrived home safely Paul. Look forward to the piccie's.

Cleri is back tomorrow isn't she? I wonder of she's drunk the locals dry.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:40 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you are so marvellous. I am so jealous. God I wish I was you.
you could be with a transplant!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.