Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old May 22nd 2008, 9:11 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I know he will Paul. He's now in his 4th year of uni and has done really well so far and, he has been talking about going on to do a Masters Degree, so we certainly have no complaints on that score. He only has a part time casual job coaching under 12's in cricket and soccer, so what with uni fees and now my car, he'll be paying off debts for the rest of his working years. We are just so shocked that he drove the car. He knows how strict we are with the no drinking and driving rule. There was no need to even take the car as he only went to the local oval to play a scratch match (cricket), then went in the social club after and obviously got carried away. He was really, really drunk, took the corner of our road to fast and ended up in the corner house garden wall. We haven't had the damage assessed yet, OH had to leave very early today and I was still in shock, but it doesn't look good. I suppose we have to be thankful that no-one was hurt. Goodness knows how he's going to get to uni and it's a bloody good job I'm not working at the moment or that would have been even more hassle.

Thanks for your kind words Paul.
well sgg thats the quickest way to learn a lesson, i,m sure he feels lucky and embarassed by it all, still sometimes we have to go through these things to come out the otherside a better person?, as you say thank god no one was hurt and you can replace a car, so i,m sure it won,t happen again?
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:12 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susie Wong
Finished the packing - bound to forget something. Anyway back on the 1st June. Guess I will have a lot to catch up on. Over and out.
good trip suze
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Hi SSG just wanted to say your boy obviously has a sensible head (somewhere) on him to be at uni so I'm sure this will have scared the sh*te out of him and thank goodness no-one got hurt, I very much doubt there will be a repeat performance.

Not wanting to poke my nose in and it is by no means an excuse but maybe he was also a bit down about his grandad, hence the drinking?

Gx
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:17 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazz
well sgg thats the quickest way to learn a lesson, i,m sure he feels lucky and embarassed by it all, still sometimes we have to go through these things to come out the otherside a better person?, as you say thank god no one was hurt and you can replace a car, so i,m sure it won,t happen again?
Yep, it appears he is ashamed, although he hasn't apologised as yet, but he's hardly surfaced from his room this past few days. He was supposed to have uni today, but he didn't go. I wonder why.

I heard him out in the garage earlier, maybe he was looking over his works of art. It seems we may have approx. $13,000 worth of damage.

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
Hi SSG just wanted to say your boy obviously has a sensible head (somewhere) on him to be at uni so I'm sure this will have scared the sh*te out of him and thank goodness no-one got hurt, I very much doubt there will be a repeat performance.

Not wanting to poke my nose in and it is by no means an excuse but maybe he was also a bit down about his grandad, hence the drinking?

Gx
Thanks for your kind words Supreme. He usually is quite sensible, ie: never lost or mislaid anything like his mates have, been driving mine and OH's cars and vans since he was 16 without any problems, yet some of his mates already have demerit points or lost their licences and are always losing mobile phones and wallets, no doubt because they are drunk, but, it only takes the once to drink and drive and possibly kill or mame someone doesn't it. I think he was a little down about his grandad, but that's no excuse for getting in the car when he'd been drinking.

EDIT: Whilst typing this post, son has surfaced and apologised for everything that has gone on in the past few days. We have told him that we accept his apologies and he has promised that it will never happen again. Let's hope it was a learning curve for him.
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:21 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susie Wong
Finished the packing - bound to forget something. Anyway back on the 1st June. Guess I will have a lot to catch up on. Over and out.
Hope you have a great trip Suze. I will keep everything X'd for better weather in Port.
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:48 pm
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning aLL

Not going to work today so I can stay home and.... work lol.

Gonna try to open the pool today

Cheers
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud ofSupremegermalene has much to be proud of

Yep, it appears he is ashamed, although he hasn't apologised as yet, but he's hardly surfaced from his room this past few days. He was supposed to have uni today, but he didn't go. I wonder why.
My brother accidentally shot the dog once (don't ask...why is it members of my family do such dodgy things?) and didn't re-appear from his bedroom until she'd been operated on and was given the ok, about 3 days later! He felt awful but to this day has never apologised, I think he was so horrified by his actions and boys just don't know how to communicate...
Gx
Old May 23rd 2008, 2:41 pm
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by Supremegermalene
My brother accidentally shot the dog once (don't ask...why is it members of my family do such dodgy things?) and didn't re-appear from his bedroom until she'd been operated on and was given the ok, about 3 days later! He felt awful but to this day has never apologised, I think he was so horrified by his actions and boys just don't know how to communicate...
Gx
Aaww, poor little dog. Yes it's true, mosy males just cannot communicate, well not in the way us females can.

Our son had a drink free Friday night, no club or pub, just drove OH van to his girlfriends house to say hi and have some dinner with her and her family, then straight back home. Mind you, England v NZ cricket test was on the tele.

Hope everyone is okay. It's raining cats and dogs here.Whoopee!
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:05 pm
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

Morning everyone.

I hope Suze has a fantastic holiday

It was glory here yesterday was out all day working and today more of the same. Eventualy this will cross the pond

Hope you are all well and have a wonderful day and drink some vinho

Cheers
Old May 24th 2008, 12:21 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Aaww, poor little dog. Yes it's true, mosy males just cannot communicate, well not in the way us females can.

Our son had a drink free Friday night, no club or pub, just drove OH van to his girlfriends house to say hi and have some dinner with her and her family, then straight back home. Mind you, England v NZ cricket test was on the tele.

Hope everyone is okay. It's raining cats and dogs here.Whoopee!
You mean you let him drive again?

So soon??
Old May 24th 2008, 12:27 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone meeting up with Boozy Suzy by the way
Old May 24th 2008, 1:02 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Is anyone meeting up with Boozy Suzy by the way
Trogs nearest maybe they are keeping it quiet

Skewers today flanny????
We are bbq..ing later,Ive got some sardines,duffle coat and wellies,so Im all sorted
Old May 24th 2008, 1:30 am
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by Cleri
Trogs nearest maybe they are keeping it quiet

Skewers today flanny????
We are bbq..ing later,Ive got some sardines,duffle coat and wellies,so Im all sorted
Yup, skewers for tea Good luck with the barbie. Weather here now overcast and a little chilly round the willy
Old May 24th 2008, 1:38 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Yup, skewers for tea Good luck with the barbie. Weather here now overcast and a little chilly round the willy
Perv...why cant you have it with rice like normal people
Old May 24th 2008, 1:39 am
ex-squaddie

Originally Posted by Cleri
Perv...why cant you have it with rice like normal people

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.