Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Wikiposts

When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:13 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When Nomad met Cleri...WTMTP part 2

i bet your in cake baking heaven crispy with all those munchkins around
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:27 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cavalierhome
Wow you guys eat like birds....... all those veggies.... Where are the Pork chops? Carne assada? Bacalhau? Guisado? Cosido A Portuguesa? Dobrada?

Cheese and fruit? That is for AFTER the meal.

5 litres of red wine ….. Surely you jest…. 48 hours 4 adults and 3 kids…. Only 5 litres…. Was that the 2 year old’s allotment?

Just kidding Grandma

You must be having a ball with all your family around you.

OH and I eat anything that is put in front of us, they eat chicken, ham and pork mince with loads of veg, or plain pasta with grated cheese, can't get them to even try fish. but having said that our daughter suffers from Fish Syndrom, which if she eats any type of fish within an hour she smells like one, shame as before she was diagnosed she loved it.

Also you have to remember we spent all out money on our 5 kids when they were young so now they have to spend on us
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by gazz
i bet your in cake baking heaven crispy with all those munchkins around
Carrot cake and scones to-morrow Apple couscous cake on Thursday, bloody lovely
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:51 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
Carrot cake and scones to-morrow Apple couscous cake on Thursday, bloody lovely
oooohhhh now they sound good, just fly us some over would you
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:18 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
OH and I eat anything that is put in front of us, they eat chicken, ham and pork mince with loads of veg, or plain pasta with grated cheese, can't get them to even try fish. but having said that our daughter suffers from Fish Syndrom, which if she eats any type of fish within an hour she smells like one, shame as before she was diagnosed she loved it.

Also you have to remember we spent all out money on our 5 kids when they were young so now they have to spend on us

Fish syndrome?

Wow.... that's very rare:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2847041.stm
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Fish syndrome?

Wow.... that's very rare:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2847041.stm
Yes, DF it is very rare she was about 8 or 9 before the hospitals realised what it was. Years later when I went back to work, I worked for a Professor of Chemical Pathology at Guy's Hospital, he was and is still researching it, it's a shame because she use to love cod in butter sauce and mash potato. It also means she can't eat strong smelling food and anything with a high vitamin B level, eggs are also a big no no. I spoke with him last year to see if the research was any nearer to finding out the cause, sadly not yet, he did say that she may be able to eat a small amount of fresh water farmed trout but she is apprehensive about trying this.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:51 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

well you certainly learn things on here, i,d never realised this ever existed
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

WOW I never heard of that either.... OMG......

Isn't it weird there are so many funky illnesses... I got cat scratch fever once.... I never knew it was an actual illness I thought it was just a song....

Well you will just have to make up by making her lots and lots and lots of cookies….

How is it going today? Kids burn down the house yet?

It is always hard when you house has not been kid proof for a while to batten down the hatches so to speak...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:32 pm
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

WOW I never heard of that either.... OMG......

Isn't it weird there are so many funky illnesses... I got cat scratch fever once.... I never knew it was an actual illness I thought it was just a song....

Well you will just have to make up by making her lots and lots and lots of cookies….

How is it going today? Kids burn down the house yet?

It is always hard when you house has not been kid proof for a while to batten down the hatches so to speak...
don,t tell me you have a f....n safari park as well!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:50 am

That's us gazz, fountains of useless information

WOW I never heard of that either.... OMG......Isn't it weird there are so many funky illnesses... I got cat scratch fever once.... I never knew it was an actual illness I thought it was just a song....Well you will just have to make up by making her lots and lots and lots of cookies….How is it going today? Kids burn down the house yet? It is always hard when you house has not been kid proof for a while to batten down the hatches so to speak...
I got cat fever when my cat scratch me in my eye, lucky I didn't go blind.

I don't tell them off often but last night when we went out for a meal the 7 year old was so bad and was just ignoring mum and dad, in the end I step in, one sentence from nana and she was as good as gold for the rest of the evening, funny that! It's surprising how quickly you forget how much hard work kids can be when you have had 10 years without any living under your roof permanently.

don,t tell me you have a f....n safari park as well!:
It wouldn't surprise me
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:52 am
Á Boa Vida

cavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond reputecavalierhome has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm A safari park...... ..... Let’s see.... We have some land.... not a lot just about 9 acres, but we are lucky to have a natural wooded area around us of another 40 macres that can’t be developed because they are protected wet lands… maybe not really big animals but we do have herds and herds of dear... Oh and we have big gaggles of turkeys that go by oh and ducks and rabbits......

But we won’t allow anybody to hunt our property LOL.. Sometimes a hunter will try to ignore the posted signs.... I take a stroll into the woods and point out the no hunting signs and right below it we have “we hunt hunters signs"...

So no, no safari park but a lot of very cute animals live in our little bit of woods.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:54 am
Á Boa Vida

Grandmas are special always. My Jason was very finicky when it came to food. All he would eat was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches… We went to Portugal last summer and took Grandma with us…. She started in with him and started to make him deals… By the time we came back home he was eating, everything including fish… You go Grandma
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:16 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither. Sorry to hear that Crispy, it must be really rotten for your daughter.

Grandmas are special always. My Jason was very finicky when it came to food. All he would eat was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches… We went to Portugal last summer and took Grandma with us…. She started in with him and started to make him deals… By the time we came back home he was eating, everything including fish… You go Grandma
It's the parents that allow their children to be food fussy by giving in to them or not sitting down to a proper meal with them right from the start. It's been proven many, many times. My sister was one of those parents.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:14 pm
Á Boa Vida

It's not always so easy to be a parent.

There are special circumstances… And children generally will listen to grandparents better than parents because both are authority figures but the grandparent gets to come and go so when they give in to something it is a treat unlike parents where the child comes to expect it.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:55 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

It's not always so easy to be a parent.

There are special circumstances… And children generally will listen to grandparents better than parents because both are authority figures but the grandparent gets to come and go so when they give in to something it is a treat unlike parents where the child comes to expect it.
I understand what you are saying and I certainly didn't mean to offend, it's just that I've done alot of work on this subject so I go off on a tangent sometimes.

You are right, it's far from easy being a parent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.