Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Jan 19th 2023, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Originally Posted by shahg
Hi
So can anyone request to pick the cards up from SEF office or they just send them in post only.
I don't know but, I doubt it as they would be doubling the workload at SEF centres, with everyone having to visit twice. I have to collect mine because it was "returned to sender". I was back in UK and CTT wouldn't allow sister-in-law to sign for it.
Old Jan 20th 2023, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really niceSunseeker1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by GrahamF
CTT wouldn't allow sister-in-law to sign for it.
Strange as they always allow my Husband to siign for my many Registered parcels without authorisation. He just has to show his ID.

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 20th 2023 at 11:06 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Jan 20th 2023, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

shahg is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know but, I doubt it as they would be doubling the workload at SEF centres, with everyone having to visit twice. I have to collect mine because it was "returned to sender". I was back in UK and CTT wouldn't allow sister-in-law to sign for it.
Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply. The reason i was asking that we are also waiting for the cards .We paid for them on 16th Jan. My children and wife will have to travel back to UK shortly but i will be here. Can i collect the cards on my wife and children's behalf from CTT. Any idea how long they normally take after payment to post the cards. Is there any way we can track them on the portal. I have noticed on the portal they tell you the payment date and everything else but can not see any other information .

Regards
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply. The reason i was asking that we are also waiting for the cards .We paid for them on 16th Jan. My children and wife will have to travel back to UK shortly but i will be here. Can i collect the cards on my wife and children's behalf from CTT. Any idea how long they normally take after payment to post the cards. Is there any way we can track them on the portal. I have noticed on the portal they tell you the payment date and everything else but can not see any other information .

Regards
Hi, Most cards arrive in 2-3 weeks after payment and I don't think you can track them. If the postman knows you or recognises the names, he will likely allow you to sign for all of them but in my case as no-one answered the bell and it's rare for me to receive mail there so he didn't recognise my name, he took it back to the post office. Although I gave my sister-in-law a letter of authority to pick it up, CTT wouldn't accept it as not notarised - maybe she was unlucky and got a jobsworth!
Good luck.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

It probably varies from one post office to another. My one in Olhão would not let me sign for my wife's registered letter containing her residencia card.
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

1Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received an email from SEF requesting me to schedule an appointment for "BREXIT - Residence permit card replacement"
I only just got my card about 10 days ago and they want to replace it? I tried phoning the helpline but constantly engaged as usual.
Anybody else had a similar email? I wonder if I should just ignore it and carry on with life as the card I have is fine by me.
Old Jan 25th 2023, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Steve
I just received an email from SEF requesting me to schedule an appointment for "BREXIT - Residence permit card replacement"
I only just got my card about 10 days ago and they want to replace it? I tried phoning the helpline but constantly engaged as usual.
Anybody else had a similar email? I wonder if I should just ignore it and carry on with life as the card I have is fine by me.
Check you account state on SEF portal, under Euro sign. If all looks OK, call SEF number from portal.
Some have reported same issue, email for appointment even thought they got card.
Old Jan 25th 2023, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond reputedingg has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to pay for my biometric card using the data download from sef, scheduled to come out of my bank account today, got an email from millennium saying that the payment was not made.

Logged on to the bank account and paid it no issues, for some reason a scheduled payment was not made yet an immediate payment went through fine.

Might help others having similar problems...
Old Jan 25th 2023, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

1Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

EU.flag I managed to get through on the helpline the other evening, it said they were open till 8pm so I called at 7.56pm and I got an answer
The lady spoke in English after I asked why I got the email and I did not really understand her explanation apart from when she told me to ignore the email. So email duly ignored and life goes on.
Old Jan 28th 2023, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

shahg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
As expected CTT left the slips to collect the cards. we live in Algarve. Can any one please advise if i can collect on behalf of my children and wife.
Old Jan 28th 2023, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
As expected CTT left the slips to collect the cards. we live in Algarve. Can any one please advise if i can collect on behalf of my children and wife.
If they are separately registered letters unlikely but seems to depend on individual staff at local post office.There is an authorisation section on the slip and if signed by individual with supporting copy of identification normally works
Old Jan 28th 2023, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
If they are separately registered letters unlikely but seems to depend on individual staff at local post office.There is an authorisation section on the slip and if signed by individual with supporting copy of identification normally works
They refused my sister-in-law despite letter of authority and copy passport etc. Said letter should have been notarised so card returned to SEF. Have appt. next week to collect in Lisbon.
Old Feb 8th 2023, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Lentisc is an unknown quantity at this point

My experience is such. The day and time when I booked on line for the attendance at the Loja do Centro in Faro was changed when printing out the conformation ( keep an eye on this). The visit went well, making it a pleasant experience. Left it over the week end and logged on twice for me and the wife for payment. What I found confusing was having to click on the old fashion disk icon to enable me to retrieve and print off the information for payment down my bank. If I remember it is a 15 digit number which the teller kindly sorted out for me so not having to struggling on the ATM. This morning we picked up both our cards from my local PO, so from booked attendance to picking up our cards was 3 weeks. Excellent, although the photos are awful.
Old Feb 19th 2023, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Jlindon is an unknown quantity at this point

They refused my sister-in-law despite letter of authority and copy passport etc. Said letter should have been notarised so card returned to SEF. Have appt. next week to collect in Lisbon.
​​​​​​​I was also not home when they deliver the card and now CTT has returned to sender. Did you contact the SEF to collect the card at their office? How did you make the appointment (call or email)?
Old Feb 19th 2023, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jlindon
I was also not home when they deliver the card and now CTT has returned to sender. Did you contact the SEF to collect the card at their office? How did you make the appointment (call or email)?
As usual here, no response to emails so in the end I phoned the Brexit site who gave me an email address to write to marked URGENT, asking for an appt to collect it. Surprised to receive reply within 24 hrs with appt at Lisbon. Big pile of cards awaiting collection at reception desk so no need to take a number and wait ages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.