British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Portugal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/)
-   -   Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties (https://britishexpats.com/forum/portugal-89/brexit-biometric-card-payment-difficulties-945932/)

Ninmurai Oct 27th 2022 7:51 am

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

I’m not sure if others have had this issue, but I still have not been able to generate the DUC on their Brexit residence card website, did anyone else here have that issue and how did it get resolved? I had my appointment 2.5 weeks ago and still haven't been able to pay for mine.

All the usual claims of “click the printer icon” or “click the calendar icon” don’t apply here because there’s no icon to click! I just get the message of “No active or pending payment documents (DUC)”.

I've emailed SEF and tried calling, literally 200 times according to my redial counter, but to no avail. They only emailed back to say they could see the 'process' in their back end and the DUC will only be released when they are finished. Whatever that may mean.

EU.flag Oct 27th 2022 8:16 am

Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Originally Posted by Ninmurai (Post 13150779)
I’m not sure if others have had this issue, but I still have not been able to generate the DUC on their Brexit residence card website, did anyone else here have that issue and how did it get resolved? I had my appointment 2.5 weeks ago and still haven't been able to pay for mine.

All the usual claims of “click the printer icon” or “click the calendar icon” don’t apply here because there’s no icon to click! I just get the message of “No active or pending payment documents (DUC)”.

I've emailed SEF and tried calling, literally 200 times according to my redial counter, but to no avail. They only emailed back to say they could see the 'process' in their back end and the DUC will only be released when they are finished. Whatever that may mean.

Yup, many have that problem. Some are user error but others just dont get option for DUC.
After Euro symbol, click on your name, then in your date. Then you should be able to generate DUC.
If you dont see date after your name, you got to go nearest SEF office processing WA cards.

Ninmurai Oct 27th 2022 8:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I cannot see a date after my name. By “visit the SEF office processing WA cards” do you literally mean SEF? Because my biometrics appointment was in the Geral dos Assuntos Consulares e das Comunidades Portuguesas rather than a SEF office.

And what should I ask them? Would they be able to issue me a DUC on the spot?

ricko Oct 31st 2022 10:24 am

I waited three days after generating the DUC, but I'm unable to make the payment.
I haven't made a payment like this before, so I'm wondering if I'm doing it correctly.
On my bank website, I navigate to a page with the banner
Pagamentos ao Estado | Documento Único Cobrança

There are three fields:
NIF
Referencia
Montante

I get the error message
Informação em falta ou incorrecta
with
Referência Inválida
next to the reference field.

A number of things occurred to me:
is it a government NIF and not my own NIF?
the reference is 15 characters with no spaces at start or end
is it 2 Working days you have to wait?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jlindon Oct 31st 2022 11:02 am

During my appointment, I was told to log in after 48 hrs to make the payment but so far I still haven't seen it yet. I'll give them another 2 working days. Let me know if you are successful with making a payment.

bons Oct 31st 2022 11:28 am

Those of you who have had your appointment, do you have to wait until you've paid to recieve the card by post as Red Eric said?

Ninmurai Oct 31st 2022 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Ninmurai (Post 13150779)

I should say, that I specifically had a 5-year CRUE which expired before my appointment. During my appointment they confirmed my application was for a 10-year permanent residence card, and according to a source close to the British Embassy they speculate that this is reason why I'm experiencing this issue. Apparently they had designed the system to be only doing direct swaps, i.e. 5-year CRUE to 5-year cards, or 10-year EU Permanent Residence to 10-year cards.

GrahamF Oct 31st 2022 11:31 pm

Had my appointment on 18th and still no payment details. It does however have an "issuance deadline" date of 17/11 so presumably they have until then to issue the DUC.

Jlindon Nov 1st 2022 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by GrahamF (Post 13151549)
Had my appointment on 18th and still no payment details. It does however have an "issuance deadline" date of 17/11 so presumably they have until then to issue the DUC.

My appointment was last Friday 28th and also no payment details yet.
Let us know if there's any news!
Also, how did you find out about issuance deadline? Were you given something written about this? I wasn't told anything about this during my appointment.

GrahamF Nov 1st 2022 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jlindon (Post 13151773)
My appointment was last Friday 28th and also no payment details yet.
Let us know if there's any news!
Also, how did you find out about issuance deadline? Were you given something written about this? I wasn't told anything about this during my appointment.

When clicking on the € sign to go to payment page and clicking on name, it brings up a row of boxes one of which is entitled "issuance deadline" which in my case says 17/11/22. Clicking my interview date (18/10/22) on the left, brings up more info below - Last date to issue Payment document(DUC):17-11-2022

Ninmurai Nov 3rd 2022 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ninmurai (Post 13151425)
I should say, that I specifically had a 5-year CRUE which expired before my appointment. During my appointment they confirmed my application was for a 10-year permanent residence card, and according to a source close to the British Embassy they speculate that this is reason why I'm experiencing this issue. Apparently they had designed the system to be only doing direct swaps, i.e. 5-year CRUE to 5-year cards, or 10-year EU Permanent Residence to 10-year cards.

Quick update: DUCs are finally unlocked for me plus a whole host of people in my situation... some 3 weeks after my appointment

Jlindon Nov 3rd 2022 11:32 pm

DUC was also unlocked for me today too after 6 days since my appointment. Fingers crossed with the payment next.

Suzanna B Nov 7th 2022 3:58 pm

Hi, yes i am day 12 now post SEF appointment and I get to the page where there is a EURO sign then it says NO ACTIVE OR PENDING PAYMENT DOCS (DUC) and when i try to click on my name (which looks like a link) nothing happens. I have tried from many different devices, logging in and out and restarting my laptop. A friend tried also to log in from their laptop but received the same info. I have emailed SEF but they saud to call the hotline, but it's always engaged with no 'on hold' option. Anyone can advice or help please ? Blessings, thank you, Suzanna x

Jlindon Nov 7th 2022 4:49 pm

My DUC was generated 6 days after my appointment and I made the payment (yesterday on Sunday) through my banking app without problem. I did sent an email on Wednesday before I see the DUC was generated on Thursday. They did replied back to me today that my payment was successfully and that the card will be sent in the post to the registered address.
Try sending an email and I think they reply within a few days.

toots sweet Nov 12th 2022 10:31 am

Just went onto SEF site and generated my DUC... no problem. Onto bank...filled in correctly double checked details and requested SMS code to validate payment.
This is where the problem starts.None of the codes have been accepted by the bank and so payment hasn't gone through,and I've tried 4/5 times. Is this a problem with the bank or SEF does anyone know ,or had the same problem?