Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Dec 8th 2022, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Originally Posted by Artfuldodger128
The system has kindly generated a DUC for us, but I cannot pay as my bank (CGD) has come up with this message: "Unsuccess. Request rejected by back-end"

Questions:
1) has anyone seen this problem?
2) do we have to wait (say overnight) before the DUC becomes active for actual payment?

UPDATE - according to the British Embassy I need to wait 48hrs before the DUC can be used for payment.
Yep, same for me yesterday, gonna wait until Friday
Old Dec 8th 2022, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Artfuldodger128 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick update - the DUC has fed through the banking system overnight and I was able to pay this morning.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Jotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bons
Great! I paid for mine today, but got no receipt and it isn't showing on my SEF account. A well, I'll have to sweat this one out for a few days!
Bons, did your payment eventually show up on your SEF account. I paid my 15 euro via online banking on Thursday 8th December, but as of today the SEF page is still saying not paid. Has anyone else had the same experience?
Old Dec 13th 2022, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jotty
Bons, did your payment eventually show up on your SEF account. I paid my 15 euro via online banking on Thursday 8th December, but as of today the SEF page is still saying not paid. Has anyone else had the same experience?
I only just checked today but it is showing receipt of payment right at the bottom of the page after you click on your name.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

wellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond reputewellinever has a reputation beyond repute

I only just checked today but it is showing receipt of payment right at the bottom of the page after you click on your name.
So where exactly is that? S
So having paid last week, do I have to go back into the ā‚¬ sign area (issue payment document) and then tick name to find this out.?
Old Dec 13th 2022, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wellinever
So where exactly is that? S
So having paid last week, do I have to go back into the ā‚¬ sign area (issue payment document) and then tick name to find this out.?
Do everything as if you're paying, then look right at the bottom.
Old Dec 13th 2022, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do everything as if you're paying, then look right at the bottom.
OK ta very much.
Yes payment is there with an issuance deadline of 5th January for the card. That was for a payment received on 9th December.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Postman left note for new card to be collected at post office as no-one in. Sister in law went to collect it, along with letter of authority and proof of identity and they refused to give it to her, saying my letter should have been notarised. Phoned SEF and they advised the card would be available for collection at Cascais when we return in February.
Old Dec 17th 2022, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

CTT issues a card-like thing when you apply to them to be a representative of someone to collect their post. Both persons have to be present at CTT in order to get the card. FYI - bring your passports, as they don't recognise the PT driving license as ID!

Is that the same thing as you're talking about, but they refused?
Old Dec 17th 2022, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

CTT issues a card-like thing when you apply to them to be a representative of someone to collect their post. Both persons have to be present at CTT in order to get the card. FYI - bring your passports, as they don't recognise the PT driving license as ID!

Is that the same thing as you're talking about, but they refused?
No. I typed a letter with sister in laws full name and photocopies of her citizen card and my passport inserted, authorising her to collect my mail. I'm told the wording of the letter wasn't the problem, just that they required it to be notarised. No need for her to have permanent authority.
Old Dec 21st 2022, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have our cards in our mitts now. Yay!!!!! I will need to change my address on it at some point - that's for another day.
Old Dec 22nd 2022, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Bons - congrats. šŸ‘

Last edited by Artfuldodger128; Dec 22nd 2022 at 7:52 am.
Old Dec 26th 2022, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

BlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond reputeBlackBeardie has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to know. Hopefully my DUC will become active after the the backends of the banking systems involved do their update. Overall I am pleased with SEF Brexit experience thus far.
Old Dec 27th 2022, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Got ours last Friday - one day after Bons.
The process was ok, except for that unnecessary trip to Lisbon SEF from the Algarve.
It's the flakiness of the system / process that got us worried the most.
Old Dec 27th 2022, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Got ours last Friday - one day after Bons.
The process was ok, except for that unnecessary trip to Lisbon SEF from the Algarve.
It's the flakiness of the system / process that got us worried the most.
Yes the trip to Lisbon was unnecessary, but it's done now. The photos are horrendous though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.