The SAPOL 60

Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:01 am
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The SAPOL 60

Yes i think this is a good idea, and i have registered however there will be some very useful people using this forum who may not know about the other one and we may loose information.

This new forum will need to be repeated on a regular basis on this forum if we dont want to miss anything, or any new comers.

Coral
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by servibabe
Yes i think this is a good idea, and i have registered however there will be some very useful people using this forum who may not know about the other one and we may loose information.

This new forum will need to be repeated on a regular basis on this forum if we dont want to miss anything, or any new comers.

Coral
Hi
A way of advertising it could be that every member who uses this thread adds to their signature on here to read something like....
"Visit www.******-*****.com for further information about SAPOL..... blah blah....

You get the idea.
Most people use the signature for Time scales but it could be used to advertise the new website.
I'd be happy to use it, although any info on Adelaide itself I tend to get from Adelaidbrits forum as they are there and have been through shipping/housebuying/Suburbs etc.... but for a SAPOL related issues it's cool. Especially since there will be a lot of info going on in March.

Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:49 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ink8455
Apparently the cost of getting the certificate is more than the cost of buying a new lawnmower!!!!!
Hi ink ,just spoke to a couple of mates in AQIS, were did you hear about a "certificate " for lawn mowers, we are all non -plussed ?,........... MM
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:36 am
SFM
Just Joined

SFM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nancy
Most people use the signature for Time scales but it could be used to advertise the new website.
Good idea Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Hi All

We received an email from SAPOL today, they wanted to confirm Alan's flight times, and that he would like to be collected from the airport at Adelaide, and that he requires accomodation at the acadamy. Sent an email back re-affirming request. I suppose they will fill us in on the details soon.

Dawn
Old Feb 21st 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi All

We received an email from SAPOL today, they wanted to confirm Alan's flight times, and that he would like to be collected from the airport at Adelaide, and that he requires accomodation at the acadamy. Sent an email back re-affirming request. I suppose they will fill us in on the details soon.

Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Yes Justin had the same how exciting....!

Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Ink8455 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Hi ink ,just spoke to a couple of mates in AQIS, were did you hear about a "certificate " for lawn mowers, we are all non -plussed ?,........... MM
Allied Pickfords told us, and I think I was told about it elsewhere. It's only lawnmowers nothing else.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ink8455
Allied Pickfords told us, and I think I was told about it elsewhere. It's only lawnmowers nothing else.

I respect of cleaning items...... (not certifying)
Pedal Cycle wheels need a good scrub, as do buggie wheels.
Plus anything else you can think of that goes outside!

Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:58 pm
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nancy
Likewise thought we should have a seperate one for those going, to chat about flight prices, dates of arrival etc... share info on companies used?
Where we're "hope" to live etc....

I think I already posted this today but those who bank with HSBC already here can just open an HSBC account, pop into your branch, BUT you do have to put $2000 in it.

Shipping Companies - Using John Masons, nice chap called Stuart came round looked at every item and quoted for it. All the other companies just wanted to do phone quotes.
Pets - Animal Airlines £800 One small dog. Excellent so far.
Us - Singapore Airlines £420 (40KG weight allowance)
Sold my 4x4 this week Oh well at least Ken Livingston can't stop us buying a bigger one in Oz!!!

Lets hope the dollar gets a bit better!
Nancy
I spoke to my brother today who works for HSBC, and he siad that it would be doubtfull that unless you have been a customer of HSBC for 5 years or more then they would not open an account in Oz for you. He also thinks that there is not one in Adelaide.

When i spoke to him it didnt seem all that positive with HSBC, but thats just his opinion, so look into it before you take this advise.

Coral
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by servibabe
I spoke to my brother today who works for HSBC, and he siad that it would be doubtfull that unless you have been a customer of HSBC for 5 years or more then they would not open an account in Oz for you. He also thinks that there is not one in Adelaide.

When i spoke to him it didnt seem all that positive with HSBC, but thats just his opinion, so look into it before you take this advise.

Coral

Hi, I had the account 10 years, but Justin was only added on in the last month and they were happy to open a joint one.

I already received my bank cards which I can use worldwide, and the online account details so I can view the account online like HSBC here.
I only went with them as I was with them, plus they offered a few things for free such as cheques etc....

Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

I have posted this on the NEW SAPOL website!!! For those not registered there yet, this was what I posted.....

If you have not already.....

Call the International Tax Office (in the UK) 0151 2102222. Tell them your about to Emigrate and they will send you a P85 which you complete and send back with your P45 once leaving your job.

At present the UK and Australia do NOT have an agreement in terms of NI Contributions and State Pensions. If you want to continue making minimal contributions so your State Pension is for the full amount (and not only what you have paid in until you Emigrate) Call the International NI number (in UK) on 0191 2135000 ask for International NI Contributions. They will send you out the paperwork.

Also if your renting out your property here - You should join the "Non resident Landlord Scheme" as the Letting agent automatically charges you 22% tax. This may be under or over so if your in the scheme it means you do a self assessment.

Banks - If you are keeping an account here, you should not pay tax on it (So the Tax office stated) so you can get a form from the Tax Office number above to sort this one too.

The person at the TAX office was extremely helpful and asked all sorts of questions in order for me to have the correct help forms sent out.

Hope this helps
Nancy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

A Check list to assist…..Feel free to add to it. It’s No particular order –

Cancelations:
• Cancel your Home Insurance
• Cancel your Car insurance – Ask for your NO Claims certificate (not sure you can use them in Oz but better to have them)
• Cancel RAC/AA cover
• Cancel all your Club memberships
• Cancel any Store cards
• Cancel your Newspaper delivery
• Cancel Your Milk/Veg/Fruit Deliveries
• Cancel BT (They need 7 days notice)
• Cancel your Internet Provider – check for notice periods
• Cancel Sky/cable etc
• Take the kids books back to the library & DVD’s to the video shop Cancel Membership whilst doing so.
• Cancel all publications you subscribe to…. Marie Claire….Hello Magazine!
• Cancel the TV Licence

Notifications:
• Close your bank accounts or inform them of the move – Ask to not be taxed - there is a specific form for this, available from the TAX office.
• Call your Health insurance company and inform them.
• Inform your Doctors – you can get your Medical History if you want £40 ish
• Get the Kids Vaccination details
• Inform your WILLS company of your move.
• Inform the Pension Scheme – Research into Aussie Pensions. No tax paid if transferred in the 1st 6 months could be as high as 48% if after 6 months!
• Inform your Dentist of your Move Have one last check up incase you need work doing a few weeks before leaving.
• Notify Council – Re Council Tax
• Kids Nursery/Schools

Things to Do:
• Contact Post office for mail redirection - International Available but cheaper to send to UK family and get a monthly envelope sent out. Forms available online at post office website or in the post office over the counter.
• Call the Electoral Role and get your “right to Vote Overseas� IF YOU WANT TO? visit the website - www.aboutmyvote.co.uk or http://www.fco.gov.uk (search under voting)
• Call the International NI Contributions line if you want to make NI contributions as the UK and Australia are yet to have an agreement on this (Staff will explain) Tel – 0191 2135000, as for International NI Contributions.
• P85’s WITH P45’s - Call the Tax Office on 0151 2102222 for any TAX related matters.
• Take a final Gas Reading (Get company to come and disconnect the day you leave if necessary)
• Take a Final Electric Reading (As above)
• Inform the Water Board (as Above)
• If taking your washing machine leave it to Drain for a period of time
• Defrost your Fridge Freezer in good time to drain and dry
• Wash any items of interest to AQIS/Quarantine Golf Clubs, Bike Wheels, Buggie Wheels, gardening tools….etc. More info can be found at http://www.affa.gov.au/index.cfm
• Don’t forget any clothes at the dry cleaners, shoes in being repaired, Sports kit in lockers etc…
• Gather all your friends family contact details in HARD COPY form incase your PDA/Phone doesn’t work/gets lost etc

Last edited by Nancy; Feb 21st 2005 at 3:51 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: The SAPOL 60

Wow you're organised Nancy!! Thanks for that....you forgot:

Intersperse all of the above with downing several litres of Oz wine - just to remind you why you're doing this.

Go on sunbed/fake tan regularly so you don't look like a snowman that's landed in Oz.

Keep doing out of the ordinary things at work then inviting your boss to sack you when he/she is addresses you (only after handing notice in!)

Buy sun lotion, insect spray, travel sickness tablets on three separate occasions and ensure that you tell every checkout operator - and the queue behind you - where you're going and for how long!!!

Throw out jumpers - coats - wellies - thick socks - scarves - woolly hats.

Buy - summer clothes!!! Yahoo.

Watch - Globetrekker (when in Oz), A Place Down Under, Crocodile Dundee, Home and Away, Neighbours with a smug grin on your face - and preferably a glass of the aforementioned wine in hand!

Whistle Walzing Matilda - ALL the time - to the point at which even your nearest and dearest that you're leaving behind will be glad to see the back of you.

Practice the didge!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:29 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha good suggestions, how about:

Greet everyone you meet with "G'Day"
Rename yourself Bruce or Sheila and tell everyone else they are just bloody whinging poms!
Tell everyone how great Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe and Kylie are
Draw silly pictures and ask everyone "Can you tell what it is yet?"
Keep on going on about "putting another prawn on the barbie"
call beer "The amber nectar or Golden gargle"
etc etc

Phil.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:37 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

Got our medical results today.... all clear "waheeeeyyy" !!
Paperwork goes to SAPOL today by special delivery, visa app went off next week, will be checking the mail every 5 mins for the next week or so!

How long has everyone elses taken to come through?

Phil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.