The SAPOL 60

Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Martyn & Michelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: The SAPOL 60

Hi All

We are offically car less now, soon to be jobless, and hopefully homeless before we depart for Adelaide on the 11th March,(Manchester flight, stop over in Kuala Lumar) arrive adelaide 07.00am 13th.

We are both going out together, so if any other partners are going out at the same time let us know.

Ali & Damo: any news from Scott regarding the accommadation?

Or has anybody received an email from scott regarding the "serviced accommadation" please let us all know as our heads are definately battered by it all.

Bye for Now

Martyn & Michelle

Last edited by Martyn & Michelle; Feb 15th 2005 at 8:01 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

ALI & DAMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The SAPOL 60

Martyn and Michelle
We have not heard anything from Scott yet although he did say Saturday to give him a few days to sort his head out so hopefully will hear tomorrow. The Semaphore Beach thing is completely full as most others so looks like we will be staying in a hotel for a few days and then trying to rent near where we will be based after 12 weeks if we know by then. We sold our house on Sunday so just one car to go. Scarey..........

Ali & Damo
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:35 pm
Claguey

claguey is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sending off my Visa app tomorrow and having the medical on Thursday. Does anyone know how long the medical results take and how long for the Visa, I have got this far and would hate for there to be any problems now!

I have also been told coz I have tattoos and my Missus has her belly button pierced, we have to have Hep B tests, has anyone else had to have this done as it doesn't mention it anywhere on the forms. I will have them done, it is only an extra £30 each, but think it is just a scam by the Doctors.

Phil.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

19saturn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ALI & DAMO
Martyn and Michelle
We have not heard anything from Scott yet although he did say Saturday to give him a few days to sort his head out so hopefully will hear tomorrow. The Semaphore Beach thing is completely full as most others so looks like we will be staying in a hotel for a few days and then trying to rent near where we will be based after 12 weeks if we know by then. We sold our house on Sunday so just one car to go. Scarey..........

Ali & Damo
Welcome Ali and Damo, I was looking forward to the trailer park life (a bit like where I live now). I think I've made my mind up for the SAPOL accomadation untill Jo and the kids turn up. Well done on the house, we had more time wasters round today even though I've dropped the price. Both the motors have gone just the drum left. Does anyone know who the forms go back to regarding arrival?

Duncan & Jo
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: The SAPOL 60

Originally Posted by claguey
I am sending off my Visa app tomorrow and having the medical on Thursday. Does anyone know how long the medical results take and how long for the Visa, I have got this far and would hate for there to be any problems now!

I have also been told coz I have tattoos and my Missus has her belly button pierced, we have to have Hep B tests, has anyone else had to have this done as it doesn't mention it anywhere on the forms. I will have them done, it is only an extra £30 each, but think it is just a scam by the Doctors.

Phil.
We were asked about tattoo's at our medicals but as neither of us have them he didn't mention what would happen if we did have them.
We had our meds on a Thursday and had to call on the Monday to check results for bloods and x-ray which were fine and they sent them off by courier that day to Oz house.

Ali & Damo..
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 19saturn
Welcome Ali and Damo, I was looking forward to the trailer park life (a bit like where I live now). I think I've made my mind up for the SAPOL accomadation untill Jo and the kids turn up. Well done on the house, we had more time wasters round today even though I've dropped the price. Both the motors have gone just the drum left. Does anyone know who the forms go back to regarding arrival?

Duncan & Jo
Will ask Scott tomorrow if we manage to catch him... At least I will have somewhere to crash for any nights out, if you stay at the academy.

Damo
Old Feb 15th 2005, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

ben100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The SAPOL 60

Originally Posted by claguey

Phil.
Hi Phil,
I had a family of 4 medicals on the 1st of Feb. They also hit me for the Hep B & C because of the job related risk. On the medical form there is a bit about working in medical and associated fields and that further tests should be done If you do.... Yea, I think it was just to get more coin out of us. Our doctor said 10-14 days for the results but it is the wilds of Yorkshire! They came back in ten, but the staff were going to wait for the examining doctor to come back off holiday :scared: Be blunt about how quickly you need the medicals sent to Oz house or they will stock pile them.
Ben 100
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ben100
Hi Phil,
I had a family of 4 medicals on the 1st of Feb. They also hit me for the Hep B & C because of the job related risk. On the medical form there is a bit about working in medical and associated fields and that further tests should be done If you do.... Yea, I think it was just to get more coin out of us. Our doctor said 10-14 days for the results but it is the wilds of Yorkshire! They came back in ten, but the staff were going to wait for the examining doctor to come back off holiday :scared: Be blunt about how quickly you need the medicals sent to Oz house or they will stock pile them.
Ben 100
Our Meds were very quick BUT they messed them up and had to be sent back which took weeks just because the doctor/receptionist?? didn't stamp the form! So without upsetting them make sure they completed them correctly.

I would suggest taking a copy of your SAPOL contract with the date you start your job as we tried the 'whole need them done fast' bit and well maybe the mistake was on purpose! They hear people all the time wanting them done fast, so a SAPOL contract will let them know your not having them on...just a thought.
Nancy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:32 am
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ALI & DAMO
We were asked about tattoo's at our medicals but as neither of us have them he didn't mention what would happen if we did have them.
We had our meds on a Thursday and had to call on the Monday to check results for bloods and x-ray which were fine and they sent them off by courier that day to Oz house.

Ali & Damo..
Ali & Damo

My hubbie and I both have tattoos! What does it mean ..... well this won't surprise you - more money. Further tests are required for those of us with body art (no matter how small!) I suppose you could try to disguise a small one with a large plaster or nicotine patch. Depending on where it is. Do you have to strip off for the medical?

Ang & Mick
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by A&M
Ali & Damo

My hubbie and I both have tattoos! What does it mean ..... well this won't surprise you - more money. Further tests are required for those of us with body art (no matter how small!) I suppose you could try to disguise a small one with a large plaster or nicotine patch. Depending on where it is. Do you have to strip off for the medical?

Ang & Mick
No you don't have to fully strip off but I was asked to cover my front with the gown and he looked at the alignment of spine (I think/HOPE!!!) else he just wanted a cheeky look at my bottom So he saw my bare back (pants on) and saw my small tatoo so I got charged the extra £30 for the test.

The medical is fine, you can have a woman present if your a woman seeing a male Doctor (I guess the same applies for men Seeing women?) Anyway they have to listen to your heart from your chest in about 3 different places, so don't be alarmed! - The Doctor is not a perv!

I think if you had one small tatoo on the front somewhere you'd get away with it.

Nancy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ang and Mick,

We mentioned about Rich's tattoo and the dr wasn't worried at all if it was done in the last 10 yrs in uk. We were honest and said it was done about 20 years ago in a drunken stupor in Germany - and so he said that he would get it checked for hep b and c just to be on the safe side. It didn't cost us anything extra, he just took 2 vials of blood instead on one!

Our medicals took 1 week for the bloods to come back.

You do NOT have to strip off - Ours consisted of:

- Blood pressure
- Listened to heart
- Check upper groin for hernias
- Check knee reflexs
- Follow the pen with your eyes
- Asked if hearing is ok
- Sight test - corrected and non corrected for distance
- Talks through what you put on your form
- Blood test for hiv

I think that was it. Then we had our Chest xrays done at another hospital. We were given the sealed results and the xrays and then had to take them back to the original doctor who forwarded all the forms to SAPOL Oz House.

I hope that helps,

Ann
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: The SAPOL 60

Originally Posted by 19saturn

Duncan & Jo

[SIZE=4]RE: FORMS[/SIZE]

Here's the reply from Ox house with regard to exactly the same question!!!

Please fax any SAPOL related documents to the recruiting office in Adelaide on +61 8 8204 2303

We've had to buy a fax machine and had to use it twice for pet forms etc in the first 24 hours of owning it!

Hope this helps folks

Judes
x
Old Feb 16th 2005, 10:51 am
Just Joined

19saturn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gjc38
[SIZE=4]RE: FORMS[/SIZE]

Here's the reply from Ox house with regard to exactly the same question!!!

Please fax any SAPOL related documents to the recruiting office in Adelaide on +61 8 8204 2303

We've had to buy a fax machine and had to use it twice for pet forms etc in the first 24 hours of owning it!

Hope this helps folks

Judes
x
Thanks for that, I'll stick it in the post. You can get stuff over there quicker than posting things to UK address's!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Flipping heck - thats 70 quid for the fax machine up the swanney!!!! Nice to know - can tell the folks, they might not feel so far away if the mail's that good.

Last edited by gjc38; Feb 16th 2005 at 11:05 am. Reason: error
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Has anyone heard back from the AQIS people yet re the quarantine of pets? I faxed my application off but yet to hear.
I called Melbourne direct they said they can no longer receive the faxes direct and they have to go to Canberra so re faxed them to Canberra. Just waiting to hear as I want Lucy to go to Spotswood.

Incase anyone was contemplating taking the Overland train from Melbourne to Adelaide they DO NOT allow pets on board. So it is either YET another flight for the poor animals, or hire a car or if you've already bought one then drive the pets back to Adelaide. I had banked on taking the Sleeper Train over night, Lucy would have just slept the journey, Oh well glad I checked.

http://www.virginblue.com.au/helpInf...p?section=Pets

Conditions of Carriage

Guests wishing to travel with pets, must make their booking via the Guest Contact Centre to ensure there is availability on their selected flight, and that all appropriate details are added to their booking.

Guests wishing to travel with pets must comply with the following conditions:

Virgin Blue can accept a maximum of 2 two animals per guest as part of the guests checked baggage. Most live animals* can be transported provided they meet all the criteria below:

*The animal appears in good health
*The animal is not unduly savage
*If the animal is a dog or cat, then the animal must be over 8 weeks old to be allowed to travel. This is enforced due to the possible dehydration effects associated with air travel. For animals under 12 weeks it is recommended that a veterinary certificate be obtained as some breeds are more susceptible to the effects of dehydration.
*The animal must be housed in a container supplied by the guest or purchased from Freight.
*The container is in good repair and is one that the animal cannot escape from.
*The container is not too small for the animal.
*The container is lined with absorbent material so that no water or excreta can escape.
*Due to operational restrictions, Virgin Blue requires all guests travelling with or consigning pets / animals to ensure that the animal has had sufficient water prior to lodgement.
*There must only be one animal per container**.
*The container must be strong enough to withstand damage.
*The container must have escape proof hinges and latches & be adequately locked.
*The container weight complete with pet must not exceed 65kgs.
*The container dimensions must not exceed 120cm long x 70cm wide x 80cm high.
*The container can only be made of metal or a polypropylene material and must not have any wheels attached.
*For details on checking in and collecting your pets see Animal Check-in and Collection.

Pet Fees and Charges –
A service fee is payable to the Guest Contact Centre at the time of booking. The fee is payable per sector (a formal connection is classed as a single sector).
A service fee of $29.00 is payable for the first animal, and if $55 for a second animal Pet fees are payable per container.
Pet fees are non refundable.
Pet bookings can be cancelled up to 60 minutes prior to departure, and fees will be placed into credit. This credit is valid for 12 months from the date of the initial booking being made.

Pet Cages for sale -
Certain Virgin Blue ports have cages available for sale at very reasonable prices
Virgin Blue Freight can sell pet cages to the public at the following ports:

Adelaide
Brisbane
Cairns
Gold Coast
Darwin
Hobart
Launceston
Melbourne
Perth
Townsville
Sunshine Coast
Sydney
There are two cage sizes. The small cage dimensions are 44cm x 32cm x 34cm (cost $45 plus GST) & the large cage dimensions are 66cm x 40cm x 62cm (cost $65 plus GST). To enquire about purchasing a pet cage please call Virgin Blue Freight on 13 15 06

Hope this helps if anyone is flying.
Nancy

Last edited by Nancy; Feb 16th 2005 at 12:20 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.