The SAPOL 60

Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The SAPOL 60

Hi Nancy - I faxed to Canberra last night and they had e-mailed me to say they had received it by this morning so I'm surprised you haven't heard anything. They also stated that not only do you have to state the exporter you have also to state an 'importer' at the other end - with an address (I had left that bit out!) presuming it was irrelevant at the time! Duh... You can name a friend or relative and then alter it when you have an address - I'm going to name Geoff as the importer and give SAPOL as the address I think.

I, for one, am not flying them again - if all the fuss doesn't get them it'll get me! I'll hire a car if needs be!

Judes
x
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gjc38
Hi Nancy - I faxed to Canberra last night and they had e-mailed me to say they had received it by this morning so I'm surprised you haven't heard anything. They also stated that not only do you have to state the exporter you have also to state an 'importer' at the other end - with an address (I had left that bit out!) presuming it was irrelevant at the time! Duh... You can name a friend or relative and then alter it when you have an address - I'm going to name Geoff as the importer and give SAPOL as the address I think.

I, for one, am not flying them again - if all the fuss doesn't get them it'll get me! I'll hire a car if needs be!

Judes
x

Hi, I called Animal Airlines on that part as I was unsure they said put Justin at Largs Fort as the Importer and me here as the Exporter, I just found out from Justin the fax didn't actually go until this morning, so hopefully I'll hear tomorrow. I think I may well drive, hire a car and have an adventure! Give the car back at the Adelaide branch with whom I hire. I am getting quite excited about all of this..... doing Melbourne for 30 days on my own, off exploring, and now planning my drive across states! Any Idea how long it takes to drive? Hours and Hours I bet.

Thanks Nancy
Old Feb 16th 2005, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nancy
Hi, I called Animal Airlines on that part as I was unsure they said put Justin at Largs Fort as the Importer and me here as the Exporter, I just found out from Justin the fax didn't actually go until this morning, so hopefully I'll hear tomorrow. I think I may well drive, hire a car and have an adventure! Give the car back at the Adelaide branch with whom I hire. I am getting quite excited about all of this..... doing Melbourne for 30 days on my own, off exploring, and now planning my drive across states! Any Idea how long it takes to drive? Hours and Hours I bet.

Thanks Nancy

and hours....and hours.....and hours. Wish I knew my dates, we could have done the drive together!

jx
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

and hours....and hours.....and hours. Wish I knew my dates, we could have done the drive together!

jx
Oh that would be great, why do you not know your dates? ...I am sure you told me. My mind is mush at the minute. I'll ask the Adelaide Brits lot they will know the journey times. The train take 10 hours! I think it might be about 12.... we'll see.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nancy
Oh that would be great, why do you not know your dates? ...I am sure you told me. My mind is mush at the minute. I'll ask the Adelaide Brits lot they will know the journey times. The train take 10 hours! I think it might be about 12.... we'll see.
Can't really book/hold flights until the house is sold - it's only just gone on the market as we were only informed Geoff was on March intake last Friday. I also have to give two months notice rather than one so it's hard to guage when I should do that at this early stage. Visa's ready to go though - just need the nomination from Scott and medicals on Tuesday. It's all movign so fast - I think that train is INSIDE my head - in fact it's not a train but a roller coaster!!

Judes
x
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:32 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Ang and Mick,

We mentioned about Rich's tattoo and the dr wasn't worried at all if it was done in the last 10 yrs in uk. We were honest and said it was done about 20 years ago in a drunken stupor in Germany - and so he said that he would get it checked for hep b and c just to be on the safe side. It didn't cost us anything extra, he just took 2 vials of blood instead on one!

Our medicals took 1 week for the bloods to come back.

You do NOT have to strip off - Ours consisted of:

- Blood pressure
- Listened to heart
- Check upper groin for hernias
- Check knee reflexs
- Follow the pen with your eyes
- Asked if hearing is ok
- Sight test - corrected and non corrected for distance
- Talks through what you put on your form
- Blood test for hiv

I think that was it. Then we had our Chest xrays done at another hospital. We were given the sealed results and the xrays and then had to take them back to the original doctor who forwarded all the forms to SAPOL Oz House.

I hope that helps,

Ann
Hi Ann

Thanks for the info. Our tattoos were done 5 years ago, so we might be okay. Depends on the doc I suppose. We were told we couldn't get medicals done until we had xrays. So we're booking xrays this week. We've been told we can have them straight away if we explain what they're for.

I hate all this doctor stuff - can understand why though!

Ang
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

jx

It's between 8 and 10 hours depending on traffic etc.

451 miles, or 728km whicherver. (from Adelaidebrits)
Excellent Less than I thought! I'll be driving me thinks!!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

19saturn is an unknown quantity at this point

Flipping heck - thats 70 quid for the fax machine up the swanney!!!! Nice to know - can tell the folks, they might not feel so far away if the mail's that good.
Doh! Sorry about the fax thing. I send stuff out to a mate in Sydney on a regular basis. Usually takes about four days (both parcels and letters) even over the Christmas period.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

ALI & DAMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: The SAPOL 60

Anyone flying out on the 11th from Heathrow, we are getting the 9pm flight with Cathay Pacific be good to meet up in the bar before we go.....
I spoke to Oz house today, Scott is off but was told that we should be getting an e-mail from SAPOL early next week explaining everything that is going to happen, they seem to think that this will answer alot of our questions. With a bit of luck it will have our postings.
Damo.....
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Martyn & Michelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claguey
I am sending off my Visa app tomorrow and having the medical on Thursday. Does anyone know how long the medical results take and how long for the Visa, I have got this far and would hate for there to be any problems now!

I have also been told coz I have tattoos and my Missus has her belly button pierced, we have to have Hep B tests, has anyone else had to have this done as it doesn't mention it anywhere on the forms. I will have them done, it is only an extra £30 each, but think it is just a scam by the Doctors.

Phil.
Phil - Re Tattoos

I have a couple of pretty large tattoos on my shoulders, both of which can't be hidden by Nicorette patches!

The Doc asked where I had them done. When I told him I had them done in Central Africa by a tribal medicine man with a sharpened gazelle bone, he just stared. He had no sense of humour!

I eventually came clean and told him they were from a UK registered tattooist. He said as long as they were done in the UK it was fine. He didn't take any other blood and never mentioned Hep B. Sounds as though this is a money making scam.

Can I suggest you tell him, in a menacing voice, that you know where he lives and forget about the Hep B tests!!

Martyn
Old Feb 16th 2005, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

WNS24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martin and Michelle!
What a shame! I'm flying out with my mrs from manchester but on the 15th.(pushing it i know). We could have had a get together in the airport.
Not to worry.
Does anyone have any idea were the postings are going to be??? And when we will know, were we are being posted???
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Martyn & Michelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi Phil

We sent our application at the end of January and our visa's were returned in just over a week.

In the application it doesn't ask for your original passports, but do send them because we contacted immigration a few days after we sent in our application and our case officer asked us to forward our passports, prove of employment for the past 3 years and include a self addressed special delivery envelope (watch out it gave me quite a surprise at the P.O £4.50). Little did we know that it was to put the visa's in them.

It was a really quick process.

Dawn

Hi All

Advice needed:

Just got an email saying they need proof of employment for the last three years, is this just for Martyn (he's the police office) or for me aswell. Was calm till I logged onto my emails now seriously stressed.

Thanks

Michelle :scared:
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ALI & DAMO
Anyone flying out on the 11th from Heathrow, we are getting the 9pm flight with Cathay Pacific be good to meet up in the bar before we go.....
I spoke to Oz house today, Scott is off but was told that we should be getting an e-mail from SAPOL early next week explaining everything that is going to happen, they seem to think that this will answer alot of our questions. With a bit of luck it will have our postings.
Damo.....
Hi ALI & DAMO

Alan is flying Singapore airlines on the 11th from Heathrow. Flight time 2215 Hrs.

I'm sure your paths may cross.

Let us know if you want to meet.

Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

19saturn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Martyn & Michelle
Hi All

Advice needed:

Just got an email saying they need proof of employment for the last three years, is this just for Martyn (he's the police office) or for me aswell. Was calm till I logged onto my emails now seriously stressed.

Thanks

Michelle :scared:
Michelle

Dont panic, my lot did a "certificate of service". I think he would have had something simular when he moved up North. Available from personnel dept.

Duncan
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

ALI & DAMO is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=IRONS]Hi ALI & DAMO

Alan is flying Singapore airlines on the 11th from Heathrow. Flight time 2215 Hrs.

I'm sure your paths may cross.

Let us know if you want to meet.

:That sounds good to me will have to arrange something nearer the time.
Damo.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.