Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by ccuz
...........and did they give an idea of when the results would be available?
Hi , told the results will be out on Thursday 20th January, if you haven't heard by 24th, then ring them.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

The Hastie Family is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Rippo]
Has anyone had their family medicals yet? We haven't. I was going to wait and see if Rich is invited back for the next stage, then book it for a day or two after the completion of that stage.

Hi there, just a comment about medicals. We had ours done in December as we are lodging a skilled independent visa (hopefully wont need it if we get to Adelaide instead!) but it cost us over £500 for a family of 4. It is a lot of money to spend if you don't need to! However, you can sometimes have to wait a while to get an appointement - I think we had to wait about 3-4 weeks. Maybe it would be an idea to book yourselves in for a future date and then you could cancel it if you had too (hopefully you will not need to ). That way you wont have to part with your money before you know what's happening.
I think all this waiting is getting to everyone - me included
Carolyn
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=The Hastie Family]
Originally Posted by Rippo
Has anyone had their family medicals yet? We haven't. I was going to wait and see if Rich is invited back for the next stage, then book it for a day or two after the completion of that stage.

Hi there, just a comment about medicals. We had ours done in December as we are lodging a skilled independent visa (hopefully wont need it if we get to Adelaide instead!) but it cost us over £500 for a family of 4. It is a lot of money to spend if you don't need to! However, you can sometimes have to wait a while to get an appointement - I think we had to wait about 3-4 weeks. Maybe it would be an idea to book yourselves in for a future date and then you could cancel it if you had too (hopefully you will not need to ). That way you wont have to part with your money before you know what's happening.
I think all this waiting is getting to everyone - me included
Carolyn
Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the advice. It is difficult to know what to do. I am trying to continue and live as normal as possible, but with result day getting closer and closer it is so hard. I wish I hadn't given up smoking! Could really do with a ciggy...or maybe a glass of wine! Though that wouldn't look too good in the playground at 3pm this afternoon!

Oh well, sick to the coffee and the torture of cbeebees on the tv.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Myself and a colleague telephoned last night and were both told we passed. Good luck to you all. Please also ask the question about numbers, we were told 300 as 25-30 % had failed the exam. Someone at SAPOL last week said 120!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Myself and a colleague telephoned last night and were both told we passed. Good luck to you all. Please also ask the question about numbers, we were told 300 as 25-30 % had failed the exam. Someone at SAPOL last week said 120!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

We only 'signed up' to this forum yesturday, but have been visiting for a couple of weeks now.

My Hubby sat the exam on the 6 Jan, just telephoned him with your news and he is going to phone them asap.

Fingers crossed!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Hubby has also passed

They will be sending him further info via email tonight

Will update as soon as we hear anything

Good luck to everyone
Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hubby has also passed

They will be sending him further info via email tonight

Will update as soon as we hear anything

Good luck to everyone
Congratulations and all the best with Stage 2!! Did your husband sit the exam on Thursday morning or afternoon? My hubby was there at the afternoon session but no results available yet
Old Jan 18th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Hastie Family
Congratulations and all the best with Stage 2!! Did your husband sit the exam on Thursday morning or afternoon? My hubby was there at the afternoon session but no results available yet
He was at the am. sitting

Looking at the Adelaidebrits website it looks like someone else who sat the afternoon exam can not get their results yet.

Good Luck
Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IRONS
He was at the am. sitting

Looking at the Adelaidebrits website it looks like someone else who sat the afternoon exam can not get their results yet.

Good Luck
Yes, that's us!!!
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations to all of you who have heard back! Have you had your confirmation emails yet? When will you be going back up there?

I guess as hubbie sat the exam on Friday 7th there isn't a hope that his results are through yet. Been at work today and came home as fast as I could to check emails.....but only a couple of spam!

If anyone can confirm numbers then please let us know! I guess though that we will never really know, I am not even sure that they know themselves!

Oh well more waiting, more chewed nails and butterflies in tummies.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Got Rich to ring Scott. He spoke to someone called Martin (?) who stated that Rich has Passed!

I am thrilled, but stuck at home while he is at work.

He was asked if he wanted to come down this Thursday for interveiw and fitness...bit soon really. Going the following week probably, need time to prepare.

They are sending out emails later today or tomorrow.

Good Luck everyone who is still waiting,

Ann
Old Jan 18th 2005, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

I've just found out that i passed the written examination and I have my physical test and interview on the 25th of this month. I am so nervous but am a little reassured by the fact that the interview sounds like a get to know you session rather then a formal questioning etc.
Still no details on exact numbers etc though.
Good luck everyone. Lee
Old Jan 18th 2005, 5:14 pm
HCK
Forum Regular

HCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

My hubby has also been successful will be attending the next stage, has anyone any information about the interview. Lee you said you thought it will be more of a get to know you session??!! Where did you find this out from. Anyone in the Midlands had there ECG Fitness test?? If so where and at what cost!
Good luck
Old Jan 18th 2005, 6:16 pm
8MM
Just Joined

8MM is an unknown quantity at this point

Who found the comprehension a bit tricky?

I hope the interview is similar here in Oz
Old Jan 18th 2005, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zoe100
I've just found out that i passed the written examination and I have my physical test and interview on the 25th of this month. I am so nervous but am a little reassured by the fact that the interview sounds like a get to know you session rather then a formal questioning etc.
Still no details on exact numbers etc though.
Good luck everyone. Lee
Hi Lee,

Fantastic, well done!! I feel like I am getting to know you and Zoe already! Rich is likely to have the physical and interview on the 24th. How come you know that it is not going to be a formal interview? He was offered this Thursday for his, but we thought no way could we prepare for an interview...plus Rich still has weight to loose!

Let's hope that you are all successful and we can look forward to meeting up on 11th Feb.

Good luck every one

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.