Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

kirand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by Rippo
Hi Andy,

we have the address, but no telephone number. Do you have a telephone number which you could pass on to me please?

Ann
Ann,

The number I have is 01243 534237 and ask for criminal records....they will then give the name of a WO1 who you need to send your details to. Whilst you are on ask them where my record is!!

Andy
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

JM&D is an unknown quantity at this point

CCUZ,
Sorted out the 'career break' question yet?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JM&D
Rippo,
Please don't mention the fags....21 days and could still light one up now
Wow you must bge serious. Rich gave up 18months ago (Hence the weight gain....) and I gave up 4 months ago, so I understand. Just dreading what the chest xray may show!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:34 pm
bdh
Just Joined

bdh is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow you must bge serious. Rich gave up 18months ago (Hence the weight gain....) and I gave up 4 months ago, so I understand. Just dreading what the chest xray may show!
Hi have been reading the pages since before christmas and registered today so be kind..... regarding military service records. I have just sent an email to immigration to clarify this. SAPOL forms stated we need to apply for a certificate of conviction/non conviction (which I don't have) BUT the Visa Booklet 5 states we just need copies of our military service record or discharge papers (which I have) when applying for our visa.

Thanks to these pages I rang Scott yesterday evening, he was still at his desk 7.45pm and told me I had passed the exam.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kirand
Ann,

The number I have is 01243 534237 and ask for criminal records....they will then give the name of a WO1 who you need to send your details to. Whilst you are on ask them where my record is!!

Andy
Thanks for that, we will ring them tomorrow
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JM&D
CCUZ,
Sorted out the 'career break' question yet?

Good news, spoke to personnel and in theory its okay. Because the force is overseas I just have to ask for permission to take up a 'business interest' during the break.

Seems that dependant on SAPOL the pension from Strathclyde can be transferred as well.

Sounds good for all so far.

I'm booked for the 28th, staying overnight at Ramada, Regents Park, then to Lords for the fitness, 1pm interview.

Beep test practice for me (nightshift now for 7 days - 2200 til 0700, the joys)

Good luck to all. (nightshift mode)
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

zoe100 will become famous soon enoughzoe100 will become famous soon enough

well its zoe who is writing today as lee has an evening of velvet revolver to enjoy in cardiff..

i am enjoying co-ops own vodka thank you very much, and have been checking out the medicals and radiographer form thing. blimey, some scary stuff goin on there! havent booked anything yet - will ring our nearest one in the morning and expect to be greeted by the usual fascist type welcome that all medical receptionist appear to have perfected (apologies to any reading this - im sure you are all lovely )

does anyone know if you have to attend these together? neither of us have any leave left after out perth jaunt in december, so its very unlikely we can have the same days off to have the test together.. is it cheaper together, ie in the same room with the Dr doing the meds and filling out forms etc at the same time? or do you pay individually whether you are there at the same time and one goes in the room and has theirs done and then the other one goes in separately, thus not making a difference if we are there the same days???? does anyone follow what i am on about?!

not sure if we wanna have and pay for them and the visa charge prior to knowing when (and if of course) they want lee to start - we just cannot do march. im hoping that if you do all find out on the same day as the interview and medical (lee has his tuesday) that they will also let you know if you HAVE to start march. if so then we aint having the meds etc! would like (if we can) to postpone it till we have house finished and ready to sell, which wont be in march..

whats everyone elses opinions on starting in march?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

doodleye is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zoe100
well its zoe who is writing today as lee has an evening of velvet revolver to enjoy in cardiff..

i am enjoying co-ops own vodka thank you very much, and have been checking out the medicals and radiographer form thing. blimey, some scary stuff goin on there! havent booked anything yet - will ring our nearest one in the morning and expect to be greeted by the usual fascist type welcome that all medical receptionist appear to have perfected (apologies to any reading this - im sure you are all lovely )

does anyone know if you have to attend these together? neither of us have any leave left after out perth jaunt in december, so its very unlikely we can have the same days off to have the test together.. is it cheaper together, ie in the same room with the Dr doing the meds and filling out forms etc at the same time? or do you pay individually whether you are there at the same time and one goes in the room and has theirs done and then the other one goes in separately, thus not making a difference if we are there the same days???? does anyone follow what i am on about?!

not sure if we wanna have and pay for them and the visa charge prior to knowing when (and if of course) they want lee to start - we just cannot do march. im hoping that if you do all find out on the same day as the interview and medical (lee has his tuesday) that they will also let you know if you HAVE to start march. if so then we aint having the meds etc! would like (if we can) to postpone it till we have house finished and ready to sell, which wont be in march..

whats everyone elses opinions on starting in march?
March is fine by me. Don't know if the house will be sold by then or not, our buyer has just had her mortgage offer turned down. I see this as a one of opportunity to get a bette quality of life and am prepared to take risks to get it. The old addage of "You either want the job or you don't springs to mind". Be brave, take the plunge and worry about it later. :scared:
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by doodleye
March is fine by me. Don't know if the house will be sold by then or not, our buyer has just had her mortgage offer turned down. I see this as a one of opportunity to get a bette quality of life and am prepared to take risks to get it. The old addage of "You either want the job or you don't springs to mind". Be brave, take the plunge and worry about it later. :scared:

totally agree but wont be financially able to take said plunge in march if we havent finished and sold house etc! and theres no one here who would be able to sort out selling it on our behalf either!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

doodleye is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zoe100
totally agree but wont be financially able to take said plunge in march if we havent finished and sold house etc! and theres no one here who would be able to sort out selling it on our behalf either!
I think from all the chats people have had with Scott, it is evident they are after more than 60 people which is all they can take in one intake, so logic dictates they will align start dates with peoples availabilty.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by doodleye
I think from all the chats people have had with Scott, it is evident they are after more than 60 people which is all they can take in one intake, so logic dictates they will align start dates with peoples availabilty.

Hi all it's Lee.
I really hope that your logic works correctly and that start dates can be arranged around availability. I want this for me and zoe (and of course the 2 mogs) and beleive that there must be others in a similar position as myself!!!!
the fact that we have no one to act as agent for or house sale if we were to leave is a major stumbling block and also the fact that the sale of the house would leave zoe and I debt free. I accept that if I want the job (which I do!) that we have got to take the plunge at some time but on a purely practical level we need to get everything straight prior to the off or the 'new beginning' will be marred by the fact that you will still be debt etc.

Good luck to you all!!!!
Lee.

P.S Velvet Revolver were absolutely awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

fg02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by HCK
Trying to get our medicals booked at the moment had quotes of £500 plus, family of four. Could you please let me have the contact no for the one in Shrewsbury for both medicals and x-rays. Many thanks, good luck for the 28th. I'mm still awaiting my interview date.

hck...
The doctor i contacted is dr park on telephone number 01743 367891. This is just for the medical and blood tests for the adults...children under i think 12 dont need them. The x ray is booked for the Central out patients dept at the north staffs in Stoke on Trent...tel 01782 554383. They do the x-rays everyday after 4pm which is excellent.

I cannot believe how different each doctor charges. Dont they make enough money...!!

Paula
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Good Morning to you all,

We are still waiting for that elusive email!

Zoe I understand your concerns about starting in March, but it may be a case of 'beggars can't be choosers'. Our house isn't on the market yet and won't be until we get the visa approved (if he is offered the job of course!), which means it would be unlikey to sell before June. We have 2 young kids (3 & 6), 2 cats and I work shifts; never the less if he has to, Rich will go over to Oz in March and stay in single person's accommodation at training school, (I presume they have some). I will be left to work, sort every thing out and look after the kids, (with my mum 60 miles away and my dad in Oz it is going to be hard....) but I am hoping to call on the help of my friends.

I think we will just have to see how things pan out.

Ann
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:17 am
HCK
Forum Regular

HCK is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Morning to you all,

We are still waiting for that elusive email!

Zoe I understand your concerns about starting in March, but it may be a case of 'beggars can't be choosers'. Our house isn't on the market yet and won't be until we get the visa approved (if he is offered the job of course!), which means it would be unlikey to sell before June. We have 2 young kids (3 & 6), 2 cats and I work shifts; never the less if he has to, Rich will go over to Oz in March and stay in single person's accommodation at training school, (I presume they have some). I will be left to work, sort every thing out and look after the kids, (with my mum 60 miles away and my dad in Oz it is going to be hard....) but I am hoping to call on the help of my friends.

I think we will just have to see how things pan out.

Ann
Hi Ann
I can empathise with you, we are in much the same position, three children, house not on the market yet, no parents or family near by, I work school hours. However, John will be willing to go and live in single accommodation and leave me to sort things out. Not ideal, but willing to take the chance. I will also be relying on friends!! Keep smiling, Good luck, Helen
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Russ Chalmers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HCK
Hi Ann
I can empathise with you, we are in much the same position, three children, house not on the market yet, no parents or family near by, I work school hours. However, John will be willing to go and live in single accommodation and leave me to sort things out. Not ideal, but willing to take the chance. I will also be relying on friends!! Keep smiling, Good luck, Helen
Hi Ann,

We are also in the same position, both Police Officers,three children (9,2 & 1) and house to sell, Russ will go over on his own and I will do my best to sort stuff out here, we have put our house up for sale and are going into rented if need be but that was down to us wanting to sell anyway. Once sold, debts will be gone and I can give up work and concentrate on the move, all I keep thinking is a few months of stress to a lifetime of bliss (I hope)!!

Kath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.