Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

ccuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Nothing yet!!!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:24 am
Just Joined

doodleye is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ccuz
Congratulations, any word on the 'how many' question?
On the day of the "how did the man down the well die" Scott told me that they were looking to take the first 60 officers on 21st March, then another 60 for at least the following three intakes which would be every three months.
A mate of mine rang up last week to see if there was anyway he could still apply even though he had missed the deadline. He mentioned that he would be on his honeyoon in Oz on October 2005. Scott suggested if he could spare two days then he could attend a two day selection in Adelaide. I get the feeling they want all they can get.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

fg02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Rang Scott this morning...my heart was in my mouth...having read all the previous posts i really got it into my head that i was the ones who was doomed to have failed... i was over the moon when he said i had passed. he said the 'interview' was more of a one to one chat so thay can put a face to applicants and to find out, in his words..."if you really understand what you will be letting yourself in for." also it is an opportunity to ask any questions.
i have got so many that my list keeps growing. Does anyone know of any persons who have failed?

I am overjoyed that i have got this far....fingers crossed for the next stage.
Hope to see you all on february 11th for info day with the families...

Paula
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rippo
Morning to you all,

I have been at work since 6.30am! Just wondered how everyone is this morning?

I have finally booked the family medicals and xrays, for what I hope will be a date after the interview day. It is costing nearly £500! So definately won't be doing it unless we have been offered a firm place

Starting to realise just how much there is to do, just for the visa alone. All adults need blood tests for hiv which in our case will take a week to come through, also urine tests (even for children over 5).

The xray will have to be viewed by an expert and accompanied by a letter explaining any findings.

The doctor said I was the 4th police officer to book a family medical recently...I wonder why that is

Has anybody got any more news? Are the emails out yet? I can't check them from work.

Ann
Hi Anne

We have had our medicals booked for first week in Febuary and we are going to Cambridge where it's all done at the same time (med & xray). We picked this date because if we cancel the appointment with less than 48hrs notice we would incurr a fee of £75.00 each. Total cost of Med and xrays £560.00.

I was relieved to see that my 12 year old daugher did not need the blood test, we all would of had to pinned her down :scared: Our other daughter is just over 3yrs so just the basics for her.

Email still not arrived yet

Dawn
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations to you all, anyone had the email inviting for interview yet?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Rippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fg02
Rang Scott this morning...my heart was in my mouth...having read all the previous posts i really got it into my head that i was the ones who was doomed to have failed... i was over the moon when he said i had passed. he said the 'interview' was more of a one to one chat so thay can put a face to applicants and to find out, in his words..."if you really understand what you will be letting yourself in for." also it is an opportunity to ask any questions.
i have got so many that my list keeps growing. Does anyone know of any persons who have failed?

I am overjoyed that i have got this far....fingers crossed for the next stage.
Hope to see you all on february 11th for info day with the families...

Paula
Congratulations Paula,

Lets just hope that you all do well on interview and fitness day. And hope that they will let us know on that day, I can't cope with all the uncertainty.

I am also looking forward to meeting you all (if we make it that far) on 11th.

Ann
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Russ Chalmers is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Paula,

Lets just hope that you all do well on interview and fitness day. And hope that they will let us know on that day, I can't cope with all the uncertainty.

I am also looking forward to meeting you all (if we make it that far) on 11th.

Ann
Rippo,

Hi, this is Kath, my husband Russ used this chatline for the first time last night, what a laugh, he hasn't a clue about computers, he phoned Scott this morning and yippee he passed!!!! Scott said that the fitness and interview are same day and you will be told on the day if you are in, so the light is at the end of the tunnell at long last, he goes on Monday, so as we are from North Wales he will go down Sunday night, goodluck to all and look forward to meeting on the 11th.

Kath
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

fg02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

just booked my medicals..

the doctor closest to us is away on holiday til the middle of March...!!!
I have rung several others who can get me and the family in, middle of february....BUT.....if i cancel my appointment then i would have to pay in full...because the doctors would lose out...!!! WHAT A CHEEK.... dont they earn enough...whats the point in paying for something that i may not need. when i explained this, the receptionists were all really rude...one even put the phone down on me....cheeky cow.

I managed to get a decent one in Shrewsbury....no fee should i cancel...£310 for a family of 4 including blood tests....I have got to book my x-rays seperate at a charge of £36 per adult. there is no wait for this either which is a bonus.

My interview / fitness test is on Friday 28th January.... Going the gym now to burn some fat....before my 3 til midnight shift...PANTS.!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:12 pm
GMC1

aeb78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all those who have passed. I sat the exam on the 14th and probably won't find out until at least the 24th Jan.
These are becoming very long days!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Well, looks like things are moving onwards.

You guys who have your dates through, were you told that on the phone or via email?

Are the emails out yet?

have a good afternoon,

Ann

(.....Stuck in an office with no proper windows, on 10hr shift, trying to concentrate on real work! )
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:32 pm
HCK
Forum Regular

HCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by fg02
just booked my medicals..

the doctor closest to us is away on holiday til the middle of March...!!!
I have rung several others who can get me and the family in, middle of february....BUT.....if i cancel my appointment then i would have to pay in full...because the doctors would lose out...!!! WHAT A CHEEK.... dont they earn enough...whats the point in paying for something that i may not need. when i explained this, the receptionists were all really rude...one even put the phone down on me....cheeky cow.

I managed to get a decent one in Shrewsbury....no fee should i cancel...£310 for a family of 4 including blood tests....I have got to book my x-rays seperate at a charge of £36 per adult. there is no wait for this either which is a bonus.

My interview / fitness test is on Friday 28th January.... Going the gym now to burn some fat....before my 3 til midnight shift...PANTS.!
Trying to get our medicals booked at the moment had quotes of £500 plus, family of four. Could you please let me have the contact no for the one in Shrewsbury for both medicals and x-rays. Many thanks, good luck for the 28th. I'mm still awaiting my interview date.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

doodleye is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, looks like things are moving onwards.

You guys who have your dates through, were you told that on the phone or via email?

Are the emails out yet?

have a good afternoon,

Ann

(.....Stuck in an office with no proper windows, on 10hr shift, trying to concentrate on real work! )
I rang up and got through to Scott first time for a result. He didn't give me an interview date though, said it would be emailed in the next few days.
I'm gradullay losing interest in work as the quest to go downunder is coming to fruition.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

I'm booked for fitness and interview on 28th :scared:

Anyone know where the fitness is being held, apparently its at a different venue from the interview (Australia House)
Old Jan 19th 2005, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

I guess many more answers to our latest questions will come when they eventually send us the email.

Just as well we rang up. There must be loads who haven't been following the forums who are waiting patiently til 24th for their results.

It seems it is official that they are not taking anymore applcations from the UK at the moment. A colleague rang to see if he could still apply and was told no, the date for applications to be in is now closed.....however if he is going to Adelaide over the next few years then he can apply direct and complete all relevant tests over there. He too got through to Scott on 1st attempt. maybe things are slowing down a bit.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

tksb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ccuz
I'm booked for fitness and interview on 28th :scared:

Anyone know where the fitness is being held, apparently its at a different venue from the interview (Australia House)
The fitness test will be held at 'Lords' Cricket Ground at either 9am or 10 am followed by the interview during the afternoon at Australia House.

Trev.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.