Frontex Border Guard

Old May 13th 2020, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Really?
​​​​​ We are debating this? UK was in EU and Schengen. From where did UK exit?
Old May 13th 2020, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

ioan71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 5200
Really?
​​​​​ We are debating this? UK was in EU and Schengen. From where did UK exit?
As far as I know UK never participated in Schengen Area and UK stopped being a member of EU on 31st January 2020....
Old May 13th 2020, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Money is obviously a big factor for UK and Ireland but the main reason is the second language and that its just a big block for UK and Irish potential applicants to have to go and acquire another language at B2 CEFL level in basically a year starting from scratch.

The Epso eligibility criteria will have to change as it not even really clear what will happen with the border of Northern Ireland and the republic which is still a border of Europe.

Many people in the Police sector and Military dont speak a second language to the level of B2. To my knowledge anyways but sure I could be wrong.
https://epso.europa.eu/how-to-apply/eligibility_en
Old May 14th 2020, 6:10 am
Just Joined

A Romanian is an unknown quantity at this point

That is not surprising though. I'm pretty sure there have been A LOT more applicants from Romania and Spain than there has been from the UK. The main reason being (in my opinion and based on my information) that the Frontex salary and other benefits just aren't that inviting for the people from more developed EU countries.
The simplest and most logical explanation would be that the Romanians and the Spanish were just better than other applicants, no offence intended for other nationalities

Originally Posted by tkadunc
That is not surprising though. I'm pretty sure there have been A LOT more applicants from Romania and Spain than there has been from the UK. The main reason being (in my opinion and based on my information) that the Frontex salary and other benefits just aren't that inviting for the people from more developed EU countries.
in my opinion, the simplest and most logical explantion would be that the Romanians and the Spanish were just better, no offence intended to other nationalities

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 3rd 2020 at 10:44 am.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Pigno is an unknown quantity at this point

How is the salary in euro?
Old May 14th 2020, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Yiannis1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pigno
Do you mean the salary paid by Frontex?
Old May 14th 2020, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Pigno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yiannis1
Do you mean the salary paid by Frontex?
Yes, I mean how is the net salary per month/year paid by frontex.
Old May 14th 2020, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Yes, I mean how is the net salary per month/year paid by frontex.
Well i don't know.I have never been paid by Frontex before.But i believe that this might be a classified information.And i think that the total amount depends on whether you are on a mission or not.
Old May 14th 2020, 8:04 am
Just Joined

MiguelAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wuga87
Wow, I thought they would take a more or less homogeneous pool of very different nationalities.

Thanks for sharing 5200.
In fact, Wuga, European Agencies, when they are in the recruitment period, should try to achieve a staff as homogeneous as possible in reference to the nationalities of the selected candidates (this is not a guideline, but rather a guide of good conduct for the recruiting agencies).

I am surprised that there are only two nationalities for what I am saying in the paragraph above, but at the same time I am not surprised because the economic conditions should not be equally economic for the candidates of each country, and something that can serve as a guide is the correction coefficient that is applied to European officials according to the country where they work, that is:

CORRECTION COEFFICIENT

As you can see, the coefficients are lower in Bulgaria and Romania, which means that the purchasing power and the cost of living there is much lower than in the other member countries, so for them this job opportunity is much more interesting than for a national from the UK, Finland, France, Denmark. What do you think?

Perhaps, in order to make the job offer ATTRACTIVE and achieve a greater European diaspora, the correction coefficients should not be applied to the economy of the destination country, but to the economy of each candidate's country of origin (although this would generate enormous salary differences and a very good work environment)
Old May 14th 2020, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Petawas
Some more info - a friend of mine just passed two interviews and he told me this info - so far the plans are these - during a period of 6 months a person is going to be deployed for a period of 4 months, for the 2 months rest he is going to stay in Poland and take courses and take leave days. No leave days would be allowed during the 4 months deployment. That being said you would be allowed to visit your home country twice per year. I thought this was interesting to know.
Petawas, then;
What happens after those six months?
Will the rotation principle, established in the job offer, start to be applied at that time?

Old May 14th 2020, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ioan71
As far as I know UK is no longer a Member State of EU and its citizens cannot participate to the Competition.
I don't remember well if it was on Finkedin, facebook or Twitter, but in the comments that were generated after an Fx post, a British guy asked the Agency if he, in his situation and anticipating the approaching BREXIT, could run for office and be eligible.
Frontex replied personally confirming that YES he could run, as nothing changed with respect to British nationals in relation to BREXIT.
Old May 14th 2020, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Simply note that the correction coefficient is no longer 68.6, as it has been updated to 71.1
Old May 14th 2020, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MiguelAD

Simply note that the correction coefficient is no longer 68.6, as it has been updated to 71.1
Does anyone know what is the difference between the two steps regarding the money?Why is the step 2 better paid? Does the years of duty matter or what?
Old May 14th 2020, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Petawas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MiguelAD
Petawas, then;
What happens after those six months?
Will the rotation principle, established in the job offer, start to be applied at that time?
They have explained that you will be deployed for a period of four consecutive months (no pause between) at a given place, after that you will be positioned at Warsaw for two months, and again will be deployed for a new period of four months at a different place (thus the rotation principle aplies) and again two more months in Poland, etc... The have also mentioned that you won't be deployed at your home country...
Old May 14th 2020, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JosePinto
I'm sorry but because a country have a strong economy that is not a synonym that the other country's are not developed countries... All countries in Europe are developed Poland its the example of a developed Europe country but with a small economy because they not enter the Euro coin.
That's why I didn't say they're not developed. I used the terms "more developed" and "less developed". Obviously I was referring to the country's economy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.