Frontex Border Guard

Old May 14th 2020, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by A Romanian
It appears that you have no idea how a selection process develops from the very begining to the very end. From my experience, 23 years of police, on national and international level, with UN, UE and OSCE missions, the best candidates are selected from a pool of candidates for a certain position. This has nothing to do with salaries or the corruption you mentioned. From what you said, one may believe that you are frustrated and discriminating. The fact that you are trying to back your beliefs, by referring to EC materials, it.s both sad and questionable. Instead of doing this, I suggest you learn better, train harder and you will succeed too. Otherwise, the next selection process may conclude, again, that you are not the candidate they were looking for. Again, I apologize for those who do not share your narrow view and poor understanding of how things work. I suggest we both stop here this dialogue. Wish you best and good luck next time✌
I'm well aware of how selection procedures work. Also, I don't know what makes you think that I didn't succeed... I'm still "in the game" as are you, I presume.

I agree that this is not the time and the place for this discussion but before I stop this, I would just like to clarify that I did not want or try to insult you or your national police force. All I was saying is, we should not make such ridiculous assumptions as you did about why so many Romanians were (allegedly) picked. Again my guesses were based on some publicly accessible information (salary info) and were in no way meant to be degrading to anyone. My only assumption was that the number of applicants is higher from the countries where working conditions are worse compared to other countries. That includes my country - it is a fact that we have worse working conditions than for example Germany or Sweden and therefore, the number of applicants from my country will be higher compared to countries with a more developed economy.

Your work experience is impressive but after 23 years I would expect a little better communication skills instead of going against me on a personal level and making wrong assumptions. I've worked on both national and international levels and I can tell you that I consider each and every law enforcement officer as part of my "blue family". It does not matter to me what country they work for - at the end of the day, we all work towards the same goal.

Originally Posted by Brubru
It was never 350 €/month, not even minimum, and you are talking about average. I gained 500 in 2011 when i resigned and since then it improved alot. You and my fellow romanian should stop with this kind of debates here. We are all here for a common purpose. If any of you consider than a nation is better than the other, well, you are in the wrong place. If we will work together, we will wear the same uniform, we will have the same rights and obligations and we will speak the same language.
I believe you if you say so, but public information is very misleading then ---> https://apnews.com/bb8b09a2b38a4987a...and-higher-pay

Last edited by tkadunc; May 14th 2020 at 2:57 pm.
Old May 14th 2020, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IONUT
I think the most reliable source is the one from the selection notice. it will depend a lot on the country of deployment. Nothing is clear though, we can just speculate, and so far almost all the speculations from the forum failed
I agree with IONUT on this one. The info from a selection notice is the most reliable. If you're interested in the DSA (Daily substinence allowance) you will find some information on this forum a few pages back. DSA varies depending on where you are deployed and what has been provided to you (for example if breakfast has been provided to you free of charge). You will get the DSA for every day of deployment. I hope that answers your question.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

MiguelAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Petawas
They have explained that you will be deployed for a period of four consecutive months (no pause between) at a given place, after that you will be positioned at Warsaw for two months, and again will be deployed for a new period of four months at a different place (thus the rotation principle aplies) and again two more months in Poland, etc... The have also mentioned that you won't be deployed at your home country...
Hey, guys, I just got a pitcher of cold water.

After the last reply from Petawas, I checked the selection announcement and realized I was wrong.

I had understood (or my mind wanted to understand) that after a deployment, the officers would be stationed at Warsaw HQ for the period of 1 full year (thus compensating the effort of being away from home and family).

If the information raised by Petawas's friend is true, that makes me think about what was initially an attractive job offer and has now been transformed into a semi-slavery contract, since if the working conditions involve 4+2 deployments, that implies that in your first 5-year contract you will count 3 years and 4 months away from home.

I think that's really nonsense.

Let's see, don't misunderstand me, the salary itself is good (at least for me who earn 1,200 euros/month in Spain), but what we are going to earn is the same amount that any AD/AST/CA who works in another agency will earn and that besides sleeping every day in his house he will be able to be with his family.
I think that this enormous sacrifice is not being adequately valued (paid).

And if we think that with the daily subsistence allowance, when we are deployed, we will get a bonus, looking at the tables that passed by this forum some time ago, I do not think we are in a position to earn much more money considering that we will have to pay for accommodation and meals.

I comment on all this from my personal perspective, with a wife, a child and another one that will arrive in August.

If the woman already found it difficult to leave my 4 months (but with the comfort of being 1 year together), now when I tell her that it is 4+2 I can tell you that she will send me to eat a big and tasty piece of ****.

It's also possible that this is only at the beginning, when there are only 700 agents suitable for deployments, and that it will change when new agents join the staff of officers, but this, as everything is supposition.

Guys, if anyone would like to comment on that, I'd be grateful.
Old May 14th 2020, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

MiguelAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wuga87
Wow, I thought they would take a more or less homogeneous pool of very different nationalities.

Thanks for sharing 5200.
As I said before.
This is not from Frontex, but from another Agency, but we understand that it can be extrapolated to others.

Old May 14th 2020, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

andy1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mate, do not believe everything That is written here. Most of these are just rumours. I have asked them about the duration of the deployments and they do not know yet. Also you can be deployed to your home country, i asked that too.Finally can you be more specific about the accomodation That you have to pay? Cos if u mean at the place where you will be deployed this will be fully paid by Fx.
I think it is better to wait until they make you a job offer, then everything will be clear.
I hope i helped, padawan😁

Old May 14th 2020, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MiguelAD
Hey, guys, I just got a pitcher of cold water.

After the last reply from Petawas, I checked the selection announcement and realized I was wrong.

I had understood (or my mind wanted to understand) that after a deployment, the officers would be stationed at Warsaw HQ for the period of 1 full year (thus compensating the effort of being away from home and family).

If the information raised by Petawas's friend is true, that makes me think about what was initially an attractive job offer and has now been transformed into a semi-slavery contract, since if the working conditions involve 4+2 deployments, that implies that in your first 5-year contract you will count 3 years and 4 months away from home.

I think that's really nonsense.

Let's see, don't misunderstand me, the salary itself is good (at least for me who earn 1,200 euros/month in Spain), but what we are going to earn is the same amount that any AD/AST/CA who works in another agency will earn and that besides sleeping every day in his house he will be able to be with his family.
I think that this enormous sacrifice is not being adequately valued (paid).

And if we think that with the daily subsistence allowance, when we are deployed, we will get a bonus, looking at the tables that passed by this forum some time ago, I do not think we are in a position to earn much more money considering that we will have to pay for accommodation and meals.

I comment on all this from my personal perspective, with a wife, a child and another one that will arrive in August.

If the woman already found it difficult to leave my 4 months (but with the comfort of being 1 year together), now when I tell her that it is 4+2 I can tell you that she will send me to eat a big and tasty piece of ****.

It's also possible that this is only at the beginning, when there are only 700 agents suitable for deployments, and that it will change when new agents join the staff of officers, but this, as everything is supposition.

Guys, if anyone would like to comment on that, I'd be grateful.
I was expecting to be deployed all 5 years to be honest. Me personally i dont want to stay in Poland for lesser money. I rather be deployed. After all, we are all leaving the comfort of our home and life amongst family for the persuit of a better life.
But not only money motivates me, i also love to travel, meet new people. For me this is the absolute dream job, i will never get bored of doing the same thing, routine kills me.
i imagine myself 4 months on a greek island, or maybe Sicily.
but this is how i see things, i am an adventurous person, and i dont have yet kids.
but before all this can happend i still need to pass the interview and the physical test
Old May 14th 2020, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Yiannis1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was expecting to be deployed all 5 years to be honest. Me personally i dont want to stay in Poland for lesser money. I rather be deployed. After all, we are all leaving the comfort of our home and life amongst family for the persuit of a better life.
But not only money motivates me, i also love to travel, meet new people. For me this is the absolute dream job, i will never get bored of doing the same thing, routine kills me.
i imagine myself 4 months on a greek island, or maybe Sicily.
but this is how i see things, i am an adventurous person, and i dont have yet kids.
but before all this can happend i still need to pass the interview and the physical test
Good luck..
Old May 14th 2020, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Marek019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Petawas
They have explained that you will be deployed for a period of four consecutive months (no pause between) at a given place, after that you will be positioned at Warsaw for two months, and again will be deployed for a new period of four months at a different place (thus the rotation principle aplies) and again two more months in Poland, etc... The have also mentioned that you won't be deployed at your home country...
So do we need to keep and pay for household in Warsaw, which is gonna be empy for at least 8 months a year? Or is there any accomodation facility? I assume accomadation during deployment is reimbursed by Frontex,right?
Old May 14th 2020, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

andy1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marek019
So do we need to keep and pay for household in Warsaw, which is gonna be empy for at least 8 months a year? Or is there any accomodation facility? I assume accomadation during deployment is reimbursed by Frontex,right?
Of course you have to pay for your accomodation in Warsaw cos you will be an employee of Frontex. And We still do not know how many months will be deployed if We are selected.Everything will be refered at the contract.
Old May 14th 2020, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone,

So, i just got the invite for the online interview(basic level) i just want to mention that this is my next stept after english test.
Hey. Good news man!
Go get them!
Old May 14th 2020, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yiannis1
Good luck..
Thanks buddy
Old May 14th 2020, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stanx
Hey. Good news man!
Go get them!
thanks man, really apreciate it!
Old May 15th 2020, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, guys ! So, from what some of us have said here before, is clear enough that interviews have been scheduled untill 29th of May. Has anyone already been invited for interview on 1st of June or on the flowing days ? This would be good to know in planing our time. Thanks
Old May 16th 2020, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Wuga87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LorisL
Hey, guys ! So, from what some of us have said here before, is clear enough that interviews have been scheduled untill 29th of May. Has anyone already been invited for interview on 1st of June or on the flowing days ? This would be good to know in planing our time. Thanks
Why only until 29th of May? If the intention is to interview 100-120 candidates per week, since last week of April, within a pool of 1000, that give us 8-10 weeks of interviews, so at least untill the end of June.
Old May 16th 2020, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

LorisL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wuga87
Why only until 29th of May? If the intention is to interview 100-120 candidates per week, since last week of April, within a pool of 1000, that give us 8-10 weeks of interviews, so at least untill the end of June.
Future interviews are to be scheduled (maybe by mid July) , but until now they've already planed interviews ahead and as I know, the last day scheduled is 29 of May. I was just curios if somebody else was already invited for the next month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.