EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Steve K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

wannabecalgarypc,

As per my previous post regarding IQAS, get this sent off ASAP. I can't stress this enough. Do this today and send it off, even before you do the cop application or anything else. They are taking a minimum of 3 months to get it done and back to you. In anticipation of your next question - yes they will accept your application and you can forward the IQAS when you get it.
Don't worry about your grades etc, your GCSE's will be fine im sure. There is a good link on this website called: UK EQUIVALENT TO CANADIAN LEVEL 12 DIPLOMA. This should answear any other questions you have.

At the end of the day chief the only way you will find out is to bite the bullet and get them all sent off. What is £80 in the great scheme of things eh.
So, get all your original GCSE certificates and your other professional qualification certificates, photocopy them twice (one copy for you and one copy to go with the originals) and send them off by REGISTERED POST.
You will only need the basic assessment option. Make sure you tick the send back by courier option.
Print the page off the IQAS as well obviously to fill in and send that. Regarding payment, all I did was put my bank details on the form and they took the money of my account from the details.

Finally, just pop a line in your cover letter you send with your Police application saying you have applied for the IQAS and you will foward to them when you get this.

I hope this answers your question chief.
Any problems give me a pm if you want, save you posting loads on the main site.

Cheers.

Steve K
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh right, I will get that done tonight then thanks, How long till they take the money out of your account I would like to get a heads up so I can make sure there is money in my bills account for it.

I shall not clog up this page any longer I think I am set.

Thanks

Last edited by wannabecalgarypc; Dec 3rd 2009 at 2:28 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Steve K is on a distinguished road

Well I sent mine off on the 4th of November and it showed as being taken out of my account on the 9th of November. Therefore I would suggest that as soon as you post it, allow for 2 days maximum and then make sure the money is in your account.
It was a total of £84.81. Exchange rates depending of course. Won't be much different mind.
Also as others have said, there are no problems you asking questions on the forum. Ask away my friend, that's what its there for.

All the best pal.

Steve K
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve K
Well I sent mine off on the 4th of November and it showed as being taken out of my account on the 9th of November. Therefore I would suggest that as soon as you post it, allow for 2 days maximum and then make sure the money is in your account.
It was a total of £84.81. Exchange rates depending of course. Won't be much different mind.
Also as others have said, there are no problems you asking questions on the forum. Ask away my friend, that's what its there for.

All the best pal.

Steve K
Thats great thanks, did you say yours has not turned up yet, what limit do EPS give you then to get it, I take it they would not even move you past the first stage till they got it
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Karenmart332 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
Thats great thanks, did you say yours has not turned up yet, what limit do EPS give you then to get it, I take it they would not even move you past the first stage till they got it
Hello,

My husband sent his IQAS form off on the 11th November, IQAS received it on the 13th November ( we couriered it over ), we received a letter from IQAS yesterday saying that they received it on the 23rd November !! and that they have a backlog of approxiamately 15 weeks !

Karen
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

But I bet they dont have a backlog on taking the money out of your account
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Karenmart332 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL....we sent a bankers draft.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I got my AINP nomination paperwork yesterday from my file manager and all appears in order apart from one little bit.

The only query I have is that the letter states that when I submit my application to the CHC in London I must attach the enclosed self adhesive label "AINP Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program" to the bottom right hand corner of the envelope. I have triple checked the envelope and can not find such label. I have e-mailed the AINP reference this but was wondering if others who have recently appied through the AINP had such a label. I'm hoping I can just write with a big marker pen on the envelope to negate the need for a label.

Anyone remember receiving a label??

Tim
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:48 am
Live life to the full

treacle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

Well the application etc has been sent now, my only worry is that I hope the EPS get the budget they are looking for. Serving EPS members please keep us updated on this.

Fingers and legs crossed.

Treacle
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by treacle1
Hello everyone,

Well the application etc has been sent now, my only worry is that I hope the EPS get the budget they are looking for. Serving EPS members please keep us updated on this.

Fingers and legs crossed.

Treacle
All you can do mate is submit the application and hope for the best. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hypothetically if you got a job offer and then had to apply for PR then it would probably be 2011 anyway so there may not be budget issues then!

Tim
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tim010
All you can do mate is submit the application and hope for the best. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hypothetically if you got a job offer and then had to apply for PR then it would probably be 2011 anyway so there may not be budget issues then!

Tim
I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen yet with regards to the budget. There's no question that EPS would like to keep recruiting people, but nobody knows whether there's going to be the money to do it.

The UK will remain a useful source of applicants though, there's a new class of 37 starting on Monday with 6 or 7 ex-British bobbies in it.

Last edited by stewie_griffin; Dec 5th 2009 at 7:31 pm. Reason: .
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:52 pm
Live life to the full

treacle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the reply guys, if you do hear anything I know there's a few others that also are hoping for the best.

Thank you Lee
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:21 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
The UK will remain a useful source of applicants though, there's a new class of 37 starting on Monday with 6 or 7 ex-British bobbies in it.
10 actually, but the current class only has one, and the class before non at all. its completely hit and miss whether you get people with you or not i'm afraid, good and bad to having other bobbies on the course. personally i could not have got through it without the support i had.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rae
10 actually, but the current class only has one, and the class before non at all. its completely hit and miss whether you get people with you or not i'm afraid, good and bad to having other bobbies on the course. personally i could not have got through it without the support i had.
I can see the benefit of the support that ex british cops would have on the course.

I just wish they would finalise the budget soon!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Had an email from my F.M.

Just have to wait now and see EPS will do with their budget.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.