EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old May 30th 2008, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

shanejackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi there

I am currently in the process of applying to Edmonton Police Service. I would like to call on anybody who is currently doing the same, or has done this and is now serving with Edmonton for any advice at all regarding this.

I am currently I serving police officer of 5 years in Hull. I am planning on moving out to Canada with my wife and 2 children aged 7 and 7 1/2 mths.

I am new to this so again any advice on all aspects of the police in Edmonton and moving to Edmonton would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi I am also looking at applying to EPS I am a canadian serving in the Uk police but want to head back to canada asap but to a force that'll credit my Uk experience.

You can download the application forms on the net, you have to be careful to be 0% honest in the questionnaire on your background as apparently they do a polygraph interview to verify it all and anyone who hasn't been 100% honest can get picked out this way, apparently it has happened to a few candidates!

But basically if you are upfront and honest it should be OK
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by guyfawkes
Hi I am also looking at applying to EPS I am a canadian serving in the Uk police but want to head back to canada asap but to a force that'll credit my Uk experience.

You can download the application forms on the net, you have to be careful to be 0% honest in the questionnaire on your background as apparently they do a polygraph interview to verify it all and anyone who hasn't been 100% honest can get picked out this way, apparently it has happened to a few candidates!

But basically if you are upfront and honest it should be OK
Hi there,

Application all nearly done and ready to go. Have you sent yours off yet?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

sym13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did I read somewhere that the EPS will pay $4000 for you to transfer and that they have dropped the fitness test?

Have you looked into the City and what it has to offer?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sym13
Did I read somewhere that the EPS will pay $4000 for you to transfer and that they have dropped the fitness test?

Have you looked into the City and what it has to offer?
Hi there

Not sure about the fitness but the $4000 is a definate. I had an email from the recruitment department at Edmonton Police who confirmed it.

Is your application in yet?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shanejackson
Hi there

Not sure about the fitness but the $4000 is a definate. I had an email from the recruitment department at Edmonton Police who confirmed it.

Is your application in yet?
You lucky bugger I didnt get a penny..
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
You lucky bugger I didnt get a penny..
Hi there

How long have you been in now?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

sym13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not yet Shane as looking to research the area first, but I am seriously considering it as I feel it would be a great way to continue to do the job I love but in better surrounding. How's your's going?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Hi there

How long have you been in now?
Just under a year but I got injured last year so still got just under 4 weeks to go till badge day
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:07 am

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Just under a year but I got injured last year so still got just under 4 weeks to go till badge day

Only 4 weeks flipping heck, time flies when your having fun eh !

Hope the next 4 go just as quick for ya

mrs minihaha
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minihaha
Only 4 weeks flipping heck, time flies when your having fun eh !

Hope the next 4 go just as quick for ya

mrs minihaha
I cannot wait to get back in to the real world again..with a gun!!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:51 am
Just Joined

lufc71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am serving West Yorkshire Police Officer with 6 years service. I am looking to apply for EPS. Can some one tell me how long it took to get the IQAS certificate?

Regards
Imran
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lufc71
Hi all,

I am serving West Yorkshire Police Officer with 6 years service. I am looking to apply for EPS. Can some one tell me how long it took to get the IQAS certificate?

Regards
Imran
Hi there

Just sent mine off also, I think providing there is no problems it takes 6-8 weeks.

Keep in touch with your application process and I will do the same

Shane
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:05 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

not one to put the mockers on all this enthusiasm, but before anyone rushes headlong into coming over and joining EPS, please, please, research.

visit, i'd recommend at least twice, summer and winter. i have just gone through -48 with windchill and thats no exaggeration, check the weather stats, its all on there, the lowest recorded this year was -55 if memory serves.

come for a ride along. i'm happy to take out whoever when you get here.

look extensively into costs, its not cheap to live here, houses are on a par cost wise with uk, though you do get more for your money, and taxes are high.

you will not, no way, not a chance have any of your experience recognised, not for a minute, it does not matter whether you are a POLSA (me), trainer (me), promoted (me), etc you are starting at the very bottom and will be there and treated appropriately for at least 5 yrs.

do not under any circumstances think you will get away with anything because you are coming from england and are experienced. if you lie on the polygraph or do not disclose something, you will be binned. if you fail part of the fitness test, you will be binned, be under no illusions they do not compromise their standards.

i'm not trying to put people off, but its took me a year to get over the culture shock and we have had many ups and downs. i have almost packed it in a few times, but am glad i did not, because the lifestyle it affords me and my family is far superior to anything in the uk, and i'm not talking big trucks and houses.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

lufc71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Just sent mine off also, I think providing there is no problems it takes 6-8 weeks.

Keep in touch with your application process and I will do the same

Shane
hi shane,

i am in process of completing the form. at this stage do we need the basic assessment done? and did you ask for your docs to be sent back via courier and how are you making the payment?

I have a university degree so do i just need this to be verified or all the education up till GCSE's???

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.