EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Thats fine I would of course be honest and state what I have on a public forum, so I cant have much to hide if I am willing to post it here.

All I wonder is can I apply then only being a Special and not quite starting as a reg yet or do I have to wait?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
Thats fine I would of course be honest and state what I have on a public forum, so I cant have much to hide if I am willing to post it here.

All I wonder is can I apply then only being a Special and not quite starting as a reg yet or do I have to wait?
You have been asking that for a few days now, ring them in around 2-3hrs
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
You have been asking that for a few days now, ring them in around 2-3hrs
Good plan I will do just that, and stop worrying about so much stuff like I have been till I talk to them
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Good plan I will do just that, and stop worrying about so much stuff like I have been till I talk to them
Are you going to change your forum name to "wannabeedmontonpc" or you gonna keep it as it is???

Tim
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Can it be changed

I was reading through the questions on the application its very in depth not like here in the UK, I never had to tell Cambridgeshire police if I have ever used cracked downloaded software before, they really want to know every little detail, how many bowel moments and what not
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

You come out of the PDI and Poly feeling relaxed and refreshed that's for sure!
Isn't that right guys? lol

Confession is good for the soul!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:51 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Can it be changed

I was reading through the questions on the application its very in depth not like here in the UK, I never had to tell Cambridgeshire police if I have ever used cracked downloaded software before, they really want to know every little detail, how many bowel moments and what not
i don't wish to be rude, but i told you on another part of expats that you had a lot to READ on this site, not to just post a load of questions. you really must start to take the bull by the horns and RESEARCH. if you really want to do this all the information is on this site, and http://www.joineps.ca/. there are loads of links on youtube too so you can see for yourself.

we are happy to help on here, but the good lord helps those who help themselves.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nige1521
You come out of the PDI and Poly feeling relaxed and refreshed that's for sure!
Isn't that right guys? lol

Confession is good for the soul!
Well I am going to give it a go, I dont mind talking about it on here as I have nothing to hide, but looking at thoses questions yes I have used fake movies in the past but no in a long time, yes I have used cracked software and given a copy to my mate, yes I have tried drugs but never did it as a thing and it was sometime ago, yes I have taken bits and pieces from a job small things though not printers and what not. And yes I have been fired from a job for calling my manager a so and so because we did not get on. It is not looking good lol
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:54 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elementary
I got back from Edmonton only this last Saturday - so if there's anything I can help with let me know. What I would say is that the advice I've read on this site was spot on. In terms of the APCAT being on about a par with the PolicePrep sample exams, the ACT being harder than the samples, the total and utter lack of humidity in the gym used for the PARE, and the pretty humiliating feeling of confessing one's previous sins and indiscretions to the file manager. I'm some way off knowing if I've met the grade, but I was pleased to make it through the week. The old sweats on here know what they're talking about, but if my experiences can help get in touch.

Re the APREP - the local candidates were all told they'd be given a date in the new year for their fitness test - which would be the APREP as opposed to the PARE. I overheard some discussion that there might be another PARE fitness test in December, but I can't confirm if this was accurate.
Congrats, well done.

The APREP kicks in from the new year, those coming over for testing then will do the APREP. From what i understand it is very similar to the PARE, but you will be wearing some kind of weighted belt/vest, to simulate the equipment you wear.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rae
i don't wish to be rude, but i told you on another part of expats that you had a lot to READ on this site, not to just post a load of questions. you really must start to take the bull by the horns and RESEARCH. if you really want to do this all the information is on this site, and http://www.joineps.ca/. there are loads of links on youtube too so you can see for yourself.

we are happy to help on here, but the good lord helps those who help themselves.
Sorry I am looking into it was just worried, I am ringing EPS tonight when I finish work, I wont ask anymore questions on here and i shall let you know how I get on
Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:56 pm
rae
Settled.

Sorry I am looking into it was just worried, I am ringing EPS tonight when I finish work, I wont ask anymore questions on here and i shall let you know how I get on
i don't want you to not ask questions, i just want to encourage you to do some of your own research. think about it, do you think you may be asked this at an interview at some point in the future??
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Here is a video of the PREP exam someone sent me - its for the CPS so dont know if the times are the correct ones etc.

http://calgarypolicenews.typepad.com...prep_02_sm.wmv
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Background phoned tonight and spoke to my partner.

I just hope that it all goes well and I'm one of the lucky few who gets through the door before it shuts on international recruiting
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Ok I called them 2 nights ago had a good chat with a very nice lady. I hope I did not bore her as I had a lot of questions.

I got lots of answers and it seems that like that I am only just a special as they love volunteers even more so from Police Volunteers. I was going to apply this weekend but I need that IQAS form first which I heard takes a while. This was the only question I did not get answered, as when I finished school I just went and worked as I needed money and I knew I would join the Police anyhow.

Which IQAS should I get? I did my GCSEs but my grades could have been so much better will this go against me passing 12th grade as they put it? Do I need good grades to get the 12th Grade bit? or just take the exams as normal.

I have aa SII financial Regulations Exam and I am currently at the end of a MCDST exam for my current IT job should I include thoses or just do the GCSEs I took.

I dont really want to send off and pay $100 if I have not got the 12th grade that they want.

Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

wannabecalgary,

Best you change your user name if applying for EPS, they do read these forums lol

Regarding IQAS, I cant really answer what is equivalent to Grade 12 as no-one really knows apart from IQAS. If you look through these forums the same question has been asked by others.

I only completed GCSE's 8 at Grade C and above, and that was enough. You won't know until you get the results back from IQAS.

You can submit your application to EPS without the IQAS, so long as you have applied for it. They will then only invite you over for testing once the IQAS has been received at Grade 12.

As Rae has already said, you need to start researching as they may well ask you on an interview, what research YOU have carried out.

Nige

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.