EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by StuArc
ASHLEY - Good things come to those who wait. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.
I hope so mate - the missus is getting overly excited now!
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Hopefully EPS will know the situation soon regarding budgets etc so it can be confirmed how many classes (if any) will be scheduled for next year. I probably won't get my Visa until May/June time anyway.

Tim
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tim010
Hopefully EPS will know the situation soon regarding budgets etc so it can be confirmed how many classes (if any) will be scheduled for next year. I probably won't get my Visa until May/June time anyway.

Tim
good news with the ANIP, looks like I'm a week behind you, they'll have had mine for three weeks today, if you want give me a shout when you are in London and we can see about grabbing a coffee or something, good to put a face to a name, I've already met stu when we were doing our testing in July.
Les
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Elementary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treacle1
Thanks tim but i would meet them, where ever it may be. Its like this i like others, just want to get everything correct as its an opportunity of a life time and i want to make sure i have put 110% into it and exhausted every avenue, even if i fail, then i have no regrets.
Anyway it gets sent in 4 days time.

Cheers Treacle
I got back from Edmonton only this last Saturday - so if there's anything I can help with let me know. What I would say is that the advice I've read on this site was spot on. In terms of the APCAT being on about a par with the PolicePrep sample exams, the ACT being harder than the samples, the total and utter lack of humidity in the gym used for the PARE, and the pretty humiliating feeling of confessing one's previous sins and indiscretions to the file manager. I'm some way off knowing if I've met the grade, but I was pleased to make it through the week. The old sweats on here know what they're talking about, but if my experiences can help get in touch.

Re the APREP - the local candidates were all told they'd be given a date in the new year for their fitness test - which would be the APREP as opposed to the PARE. I overheard some discussion that there might be another PARE fitness test in December, but I can't confirm if this was accurate.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elementary
I got back from Edmonton only this last Saturday - so if there's anything I can help with let me know. What I would say is that the advice I've read on this site was spot on. In terms of the APCAT being on about a par with the PolicePrep sample exams, the ACT being harder than the samples, the total and utter lack of humidity in the gym used for the PARE, and the pretty humiliating feeling of confessing one's previous sins and indiscretions to the file manager. I'm some way off knowing if I've met the grade, but I was pleased to make it through the week. The old sweats on here know what they're talking about, but if my experiences can help get in touch.

Re the APREP - the local candidates were all told they'd be given a date in the new year for their fitness test - which would be the APREP as opposed to the PARE. I overheard some discussion that there might be another PARE fitness test in December, but I can't confirm if this was accurate.
Well done mate on passing all the tests - how did you find Edmonton/Canada?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

We had the pleasure of hosting elementary while he was here. I should add that the standard of dinners prepared by Mrs Griffin has deteriorated since your departure and I'm now faced with several cubic feet of 'turkey meat loaf' (???) to get through on my own. If anyone is thinking of coming over, it's worth hiring a car so that you don't have to see downtown for a whole week and it's worth remembering you don't have to go all the way to Jasper to see a moose.

Last edited by stewie_griffin; Dec 1st 2009 at 5:24 am. Reason: .
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

wannabecalgarypc is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking into Calgary, but I never gave though to Edmonton before, I have no problems in fact I know about as much about Edmonton as I do Calgary. I see I could apply to Edmonton from here in the UK as per there website. Do I need to be an experience officer as at the moment I am a lowly special been in since April. I am in the process for the regulars at the moment and should be starting next year. But what if I want to go now, I would like to go, can I apply straight to Edmonton now?

It all seems scary looking at the process, very high fitness standards, polygraph tests where they are trying to catch you out if you so much as stole a penny sweet and many other things, but I would like to try, how many people have failed this as I have not read anyone on here who has failed the first time to get in but applied again or cant you?

How does Edmonton compare to Calgary?

Thinking about the polygraph, I may fail as once when I was 18 I was very drunk and some random gave me a line of Cocaine which was really stupid I hate drugs only reason I remember is my friend told me. and another time was once in 2007 when I was at a work party very very drunk again seems the crowd I was with were cocaine users and I did another line I was told again I was mad as I said why would u give me stuff like that when I was impaired. So now I dont hang with people like that anymore, well I left that job as I cant be seeing people do drugs anyhow and even more so now I am a Special Constable. Of course I tried weed once or twice when I was 17 but it wasnt for me. Do you think I would fail?

Oh yes before I forget, I was told I walked down the road with the guy that night so he could meet his friend to buy some drugs, so I saw that it asks if I have ever been involved with someone who did a transaction for drugs, great so I am thinking I am never going to get in.

Last edited by wannabecalgarypc; Dec 1st 2009 at 11:51 am.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wannabecalgarypc
I was looking into Calgary, but I never gave though to Edmonton before, I have no problems in fact I know about as much about Edmonton as I do Calgary. I see I could apply to Edmonton from here in the UK as per there website. Do I need to be an experience officer as at the moment I am a lowly special been in since April. I am in the process for the regulars at the moment and should be starting next year. But what if I want to go now, I would like to go, can I apply straight to Edmonton now?

It all seems scary looking at the process, very high fitness standards, polygraph tests where they are trying to catch you out if you so much as stole a penny sweet and many other things, but I would like to try, how many people have failed this as I have not read anyone on here who has failed the first time to get in but applied again or cant you?

How does Edmonton compare to Calgary?
I can't answer for direct comparisons between EPS and CPS but there is lots of information on this forum regarding the differences between the two places.

The polygraph is not trying to catch you out. I interpreted it as an integrity test. You just need to be totally honest throughout the procedure and the polygraph should not be a problem.

EPS is still accepting applications however there are budget issues at the moment that may have an effect on this in the near future. AFAIK CPS are not actively recruiting but will accept your CV/Resume and send you an application if they like what they see and have vacancies.

Tim
Old Dec 1st 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Elementary
Old Dec 1st 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Well done Elementary.

Nige
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

I just wanted to point out I added some more to my post Tim about drugs if you had any thoughts. As I am thinking about applying now to see if I can get in.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just wanted to point out I added some more to my post Tim about drugs if you had any thoughts. As I am thinking about applying now to see if I can get in.
You would have to direct that question to someone in recruiting mate.

Tim
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

It makes me look like a bad person reading it, but Im not I am of good moral character and very anti drugs its just one of thoses things huh. I dont really want to ask as of yet because I am not even sure if I can apply as of yet. But I wanted to know if anyone else who has used drugs at any point in the past has gotten through?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

As Tim said Wannabe, you will need to direct specific questions at recruiting - there is only so much advice we can give but specific incidents are down to recruiting.

Also the polygraph is not about catching you out - its an integrity tester, only you can fail it.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

It makes me look like a bad person reading it, but Im not I am of good moral character and very anti drugs its just one of thoses things huh. I dont really want to ask as of yet because I am not even sure if I can apply as of yet. But I wanted to know if anyone else who has used drugs at any point in the past has gotten through?
I don't think people are going to discuss such personal questions on a public forum mate as you really don't know who may be reading it. I suggest you send an e-mail to recruiting. They are very helpful there and should be able to give you some guidance.

Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.