EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by rae
as the last few posts goes, see my earlier post above, sorry. the only chance you have is if this one class is not entirely filled locally. perhaps now others can see what i was trying to explain, no international recruitment, one class next year, take it from the people on the ground, not what you hear elsewhere who may be working to other agendas.
to those still trying to get over best of luck, i'm afraid you have to consider though that it is unlikely this year, unless you have already done all your testing and are just waiting for the job offer, then as above you may be in with an outside chance.
all the best, rae.
Yup mate, I was a week too late in getting a contract - passed all the testing and the selection committee but just as they were arranging the contract to be sent all this happened.

I'm hoping that they don't just bin me, I have no problem waiting a year - I've put too much in so far for it all to vanish.

Let the waiting commence, again!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rae
as the last few posts goes, see my earlier post above, sorry. the only chance you have is if this one class is not entirely filled locally. perhaps now others can see what i was trying to explain, no international recruitment, one class next year, take it from the people on the ground, not what you hear elsewhere who may be working to other agendas.
to those still trying to get over best of luck, i'm afraid you have to consider though that it is unlikely this year, unless you have already done all your testing and are just waiting for the job offer, then as above you may be in with an outside chance.
all the best, rae.
Rae

Do you think the one's with job offers going through the PR process will get on the class later in the year or have to wait till a later date?

Tim
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:35 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010
Rae

Do you think the one's with job offers going through the PR process will get on the class later in the year or have to wait till a later date?

Tim
you know, to yourself, ashley and others i really don't want to speculate, one of the reasons i did not post sooner. i would like to think if you have a job offer and are in the emigration process you will get in the autumn class and be prehired in a non sworn position until the class starts. anythings possible though i suppose, i hope they don't withdraw job offers but its possible. its all up in the air i'm afraid, if i hear i'll let you know.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

The EPS site has been updated reference international recruitment for new applicants:

"Although the Edmonton Police Service is not actively recruiting international applicants, we will continue to accept and screen all applications received. We strongly encourage those applying to provide supporting documentation for any skill or circumstance which would increase their competitiveness in the process. The application and selection process is described in the Stages above."

Tim
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Cheers RAE.

Sadly for me, I was told my file was going into the selection committee in December and that was the last I heard, other than it is now suspended, pending the decision as to what to do with people like me. So close, yet so far!

I don't know if I will get accepted, as I was out there in July with ARABIAN 77's partner and luckily for him, he's got through! Best wishes Les.

I feel really deflated at the moment, but as i've not been told officially, the fat lady is in the background!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

pedro2215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, I am currently a serving Police Officer with 5 years service. I am wanting to move to the Edmonton area with my wife and little boy.

I have previously checked out Canada as I visited Calgary with the intention of transferring to Calgary Police Dept.

I am in two minds with regards to my career as I am looking at EPS however I am also open to other careers within Edmonton.

Has anyone any ideas with regards to careers linked to Police experience, any advice with regards to EPS and can someone please give an open and honest description of Edmonton, what it has to offer, family life, lifestyle, affordability etc...

Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Dallas2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pedro2215
Hi folks, I am currently a serving Police Officer with 5 years service. I am wanting to move to the Edmonton area with my wife and little boy.

I have previously checked out Canada as I visited Calgary with the intention of transferring to Calgary Police Dept.

I am in two minds with regards to my career as I am looking at EPS however I am also open to other careers within Edmonton.

Has anyone any ideas with regards to careers linked to Police experience, any advice with regards to EPS and can someone please give an open and honest description of Edmonton, what it has to offer, family life, lifestyle, affordability etc...

Thanks
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest that you read through the past forum pages because their is a lot of great information on their. Information that will answer pretty much all your questions. Good luck with the application process!!!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:52 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StuArc
Cheers RAE.

Sadly for me, I was told my file was going into the selection committee in December and that was the last I heard, other than it is now suspended, pending the decision as to what to do with people like me. So close, yet so far!

I don't know if I will get accepted, as I was out there in July with ARABIAN 77's partner and luckily for him, he's got through! Best wishes Les.

I feel really deflated at the moment, but as i've not been told officially, the fat lady is in the background!
if its any comfort to you this is purely an admin stage really, if you have got this far they are really looking just at the timing of when you can fill a vacancy rather then if you come at all. Unfortunately the timing is crap at the moment but you of course can have no effect on that, just one of those things. Like i say, it all depends on how many locals they get for the class, considering though they have been managing to fill three a year with at least 40 locals, it does not look good, sorry.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:00 am
Just Joined

pedro2215 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me the current shift pattern for EPS ie hours per shift and Rota etc ... thanks
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Angry Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by rae
if its any comfort to you this is purely an admin stage really, if you have got this far they are really looking just at the timing of when you can fill a vacancy rather then if you come at all. Unfortunately the timing is crap at the moment but you of course can have no effect on that, just one of those things. Like i say, it all depends on how many locals they get for the class, considering though they have been managing to fill three a year with at least 40 locals, it does not look good, sorry.
Cheers RAE (once again)

I can't understand though, why EPS have been seeking candidates overseas if they have sufficient applicants there?? I thought (and was told by one of my interviewers) that British coppers brought a slightly different style to policing table

As I said, I'm expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. ***** knows what i'll do if I'm binned though!
Best I reserve a bed at my local loonie bin I think
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Stu,

Les and I are keeping our fingers crossed for you and everyone else.

Sara
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:59 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by StuArc
Cheers RAE (once again)

I can't understand though, why EPS have been seeking candidates overseas if they have sufficient applicants there??
they don't though thats the thing. when they were hiring like mad, 3 classes of 50 a year, they were nowhere near filling them, and the quality was certainly dropping because of it. last class in has 10 british lads in, you have just been very unlucky with the timing of your application, the current financial climate and the period of heavy recruiting seemingly drawing to a close and back to what they have always done, 1 or 2 classes a year.
i think UK applicants will continue to come across, just now it will be a trickle not a flood. i'll keep my ears open stu, best of luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks RAE. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In fact, my partner is presently with a psychic medium (who is excellent I've been told, very, very precise) to see what future beholds us. Hopefully one where there is a red maple leaf on a flag.

Asides from all that, I can;t do anything but wait and see. If they delay me until 2011 that would be great as at least I know the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter (quite dim at the moment, but still visible)

Any news I get, I'll keep you all posted.

RAE - I sincerely hope to meet up with you again, but have a beer, not a starbucks next time round!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Is it me, or is every thing I see, hear or read in some way connected to Canada!!

Just watching JETSTREAM on SKY HD and where are the pilots training? 410 SQN COUGAR - Royal Canadian Air Force, Cold Lake, ALBERTA.
Ice Road Truckers - Alberta, Canada.
Reading a book on WWI - soldiers emigrate. To where? Yes, Canada.

Weird, sad, whatever. Just though I'd share that.

Oh, pouring maple syrup on my waffles today. Country of origin. Dare I say more
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

So what did the medium say?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.