EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Dec 15th 2009, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Dallas2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by Karenmart332
I am really hoping that this isn't the case...but if it was true then wouldn't they have stopped their recruitment drive ?
Yeah its crazy around here in Edmonton! The marketing campaign is amazing. They put a lot of money into it, thats for sure, plus I have just recently found out that one of my friends from NAIT is actually working on the recruiting campaign for the EPS. So yeah, Im not really sure how it all works on the recruiters side!
The campaign is working though because family and friends around me keep asking why theres a wait because they keep seeing advertising which makes it look like the police are crying for officers. They just dont understand the process but obviously the campaign is working!!!

I hope we hear soon or at least before the new year!!!!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by StuArc
Cheers all. Had a fantastic steak meal in celebration

I see on my phone that temperatures out in Edmonton have been -34!!! Quite cold there then!
How do they cope!?!?!
Really quite depressing actually, on nights especially. You only have to go outside the door for a few seconds before you start to freeze. Even the snow has frozen to the consistency of polystyrene chunks.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:52 am
Just Joined

EdmontonSoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tim010
Have you had your AINP nomination through then and you're now waiting on your PR application?

I posted my PR application to London last Wednesday.

Tim
Hi Tim

Yes I have had AINP nomination through and I am now waiting PR application and has been 3 months now. I'm not holding out for for any news before Christmas. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on how long they had to wait before having PR application accepted. I know it says up to 6 months on the web site.
My file manager did say there would probably be only one course next year but that was before the budget was announced so maybe that was a bit pessimistic seeing the budget has now been agreed.

John
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Dallas2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EdmontonSoon
Hi Tim

Yes I have had AINP nomination through and I am now waiting PR application and has been 3 months now. I'm not holding out for for any news before Christmas. I wonder if anyone can shed any light on how long they had to wait before having PR application accepted. I know it says up to 6 months on the web site.
My file manager did say there would probably be only one course next year but that was before the budget was announced so maybe that was a bit pessimistic seeing the budget has now been agreed.

John
Thanks for the quick answer John!!! Cheers All!!!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by EdmontonSoon
Hi Tim

John
John,
EPS have said they FED-EX my papers Thurs/Fri last week and i'm still awaiting those before i can progress onto the next stage.
It sounds as if you are ahead of me mate.
Lets hope we both hear something soon.
Les
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

EdmontonSoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arabian77
John,
EPS have said they FED-EX my papers Thurs/Fri last week and i'm still awaiting those before i can progress onto the next stage.
It sounds as if you are ahead of me mate.
Lets hope we both hear something soon.
Les
Hi Les

I just been infromed today by my file manger that there is a training course in March, so I maybe on that one fingers crossed. I think that means there is more than one course this year as that one is so early in the year. Just waiting for PR paperwork to drop through letterbox and then things should happen quick. You shouldn't be to far behind mate.

John
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Seasons Greetings to all.

Just to confirm, I spoke to my FM yesterday and it has been decided that there will be 2 classes of 35 in 2010. The classes will more than likely be in March and September.

There are currently 14 British Officers/Applicants at the immigration stage awaiting for PR.

Nige
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Wow, what a stressful day today! All appears to be sorted now for the time being.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645214

Tim
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Tim,

Thats part of the application process, another test lol
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nige1521
Tim,

Thats part of the application process, another test lol
Tell me about it! I still have visions of it again being returned with the same letter to send it to Nova Scotia. Hopefully now they know where it should be they will crack on and start processing it. I'm just glad I get free trains and tube from Milton Keynes down to London with work!

Tim
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tim,

You need to change your signature again, PR hand delivered twice lol

Nige
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim,

You need to change your signature again, PR hand delivered twice lol

Nige
I think I will count just the one delivery on my signature. Hopefully today will just be a minor hiccup in the process.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick update,

The High Commission are cooking on gas, they started processing my PR application on the 9th of November 2009, had my Medical requests today, just 6 weeks later!

Nige
Old Dec 18th 2009, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a quick update,

The High Commission are cooking on gas, they started processing my PR application on the 9th of November 2009, had my Medical requests today, just 6 weeks later!

Nige
Good news mate. Hopefully they will be as efficient second time round on mine! Someone from CHC in London did phone me a few hours ago reference my problems yesterday. It seems everything is hopefully sorted now. I was advised to e-mail them in early January to confirm the application is in process. You doing your medicals before Xmas or gonna leave it till after?

Tim
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi All,

6inches of snow in South Wales and 1o degree, which is probably child play compared to the winters of EDMONTON.

Still waiting here, although an email from my F.M has confirmed my file has gone in, with a recommendation of ACCEPTANCE.

In the interim, may I wish all those who post or view on this forum A VERY MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR or as we say in Wales NADOLIG LLAWEN!

Best wishes and success to you all for 2010

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.