Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My stressful day! - AINP application

My stressful day! - AINP application

Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default My stressful day! - AINP application

I submitted my Visa application to the Canadian Embassy in London last Wednesday. It was hand delivered and clearly marked AINP all over the envelope. All the instructions from CIC and the nomination certificate stated that the application should be posted to them in London.

I was extremely surprised and to be honest totally fuming that the whole application arrived back with me in the post today from London. There was a covering letter stating that FSW applications need to be sent to Sydney, NS for processing despite the clear and obvious fact that my application is an AINP (PNP) one!

After a few calls to London we did get through to someone but they just diverted us to an answer phone service which we did leave a message on but don't expect a reply. I decided to pop down to London on the train with the application to try and get it sorted.

At the embassy there were loads of happy people picking up passports and some were also dropping off. The receptionist took all my details and made a few phone calls. Someone came down to talk to me and after a few further enquiries she apologised to me for the confusion and stated that it is them that deal with the application and she will take it for processing!!!

Thankfully this has only held the application up for 8 days at most. The person who checked the application and sent it back to me had even stamped it up for being received the day after it was originally posted. The AINP nomination certificate was even provided at the front of the application however they still thought it was a FSW application!

Hopefully things will progress now or at worst straight after Xmas.

Tim
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:09 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My stressful day! - AINP application

it sounds as though you have dealt with your situation very well Tim......at least you know you wont miss your space in the processing!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dunniflat
it sounds as though you have dealt with your situation very well Tim......at least you know you wont miss your space in the processing!
To be fair the people at the Embassy today were very helpful. Luckily it is a fairly quick and easy train journey down to London which is also free through work.

I had calmed down by the time I got to London and after explaining the situation the woman who took the application up will hopefully get things rolling!

Tim
Old Dec 18th 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

snow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the roughsnow valley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tim010
To be fair the people at the Embassy today were very helpful. Luckily it is a fairly quick and easy train journey down to London which is also free through work.

I had calmed down by the time I got to London and after explaining the situation the woman who took the application up will hopefully get things rolling!

Tim
Well done for getting that sorted. I once worked in a large organisation where we had targets to clear a certain amount of post daily.

That didn't always give the incentive for some people to handle the post properly, they wanted to get it off their desk as quickly as possible, as stats seemed to matter more.

Unfortunately, that's when errors can occur - but by that time, it would become someone else's problem.

Maybe CIC work in a similar mode?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snow valley
Well done for getting that sorted. I once worked in a large organisation where we had targets to clear a certain amount of post daily.

That didn't always give the incentive for some people to handle the post properly, they wanted to get it off their desk as quickly as possible, as stats seemed to matter more.

Unfortunately, that's when errors can occur - but by that time, it would become someone else's problem.

Maybe CIC work in a similar mode?
Maybe......But someone actually opened the package and stamped several of the forms as being received by them. They then chose to completely ignore the AINP certificate with the clear instructions to post the application to London!

I just hope that the application is now in the right pile for processing and they don't decide to return it again in a few weeks time.

Tim
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tim010
Maybe......But someone actually opened the package and stamped several of the forms as being received by them. They then chose to completely ignore the AINP certificate with the clear instructions to post the application to London!

I just hope that the application is now in the right pile for processing and they don't decide to return it again in a few weeks time.

Tim
Someone from CHC in London just phoned me in relation to my message left yesterday. I explained to her that I hand delivered the application for a second time yesterday and sorted the problem.

She said to e-mail them in a few weeks time to check everything was moving along.

Tim