Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:48 pm
Banned

gowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nice
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

Thanks for the welcome

Honestly I can not remember what the words I used during my search that stumbled on this forum thread, but I found it to be more informative than the other stuff we found and really our level of empathy for what you are going through is becoming de ja vue to us.

Really at this stage I am a bit weary of what to write on the internet just in case these people or friends are also a member as they are expats. They have lived next door for nearly 4 months and in that time we really feel like they are trying to force us out. Why we just dont know but with what we have found out we simply do not trust them despite our intial efforts to be friendly.
Besides the stones on the roof which got passed to the Police, we have had the two finger shot gun which I would love to get a photo of or even a witness to see. 2am spa parties (great when you get up at 5am to milk)! Lawn mowing a 645am on my days off from milking or driving! Photos being taken of us as we drive up the road to work in the morning! amongst other things!
I guess we found ourselves as being in the way of their greater plan for their business. You really dont appreciate your neighbours when you have good ones that you dont notice until they have moved. If we could sell up tommorrow and move to another place I would not hesitate! Only the reality is house sales are slow and values have dropped, what we can not work out is why our new neighbour paid twice the asking price of the place next door to us I guess if they offered us a good price we would sell up and move.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 7:01 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love the idea of Benidorm and the like, come to where we live.

Originally Posted by Persephone
So sorry to hear that BEVS, I was hoping it would have been dealt with by now. It's been going on for such a long time.
There's nothing I can say that will help
Ditto. I'm shocked it's been allowed to go on for so long. Poor BEVS

Welcome to the forum gowron Your post is shocking, can't imagine what you're going though.

Last edited by Kija; Feb 13th 2012 at 7:11 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Theyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gowron
Thanks for the welcome

Honestly I can not remember what the words I used during my search that stumbled on this forum thread, but I found it to be more informative than the other stuff we found and really our level of empathy for what you are going through is becoming de ja vue to us.

Really at this stage I am a bit weary of what to write on the internet just in case these people or friends are also a member as they are expats. They have lived next door for nearly 4 months and in that time we really feel like they are trying to force us out. Why we just dont know but with what we have found out we simply do not trust them despite our intial efforts to be friendly.
Besides the stones on the roof which got passed to the Police, we have had the two finger shot gun which I would love to get a photo of or even a witness to see. 2am spa parties (great when you get up at 5am to milk)! Lawn mowing a 645am on my days off from milking or driving! Photos being taken of us as we drive up the road to work in the morning! amongst other things!
I guess we found ourselves as being in the way of their greater plan for their business. You really dont appreciate your neighbours when you have good ones that you dont notice until they have moved. If we could sell up tommorrow and move to another place I would not hesitate! Only the reality is house sales are slow and values have dropped, what we can not work out is why our new neighbour paid twice the asking price of the place next door to us I guess if they offered us a good price we would sell up and move.
Think you've hit the nail on the head he get's everything else he wants so much cheaper............. i feel so sorry for you, we had a neighbour from hell for nearly a year (nothing like what you are putting up with) we hated where we lived but couldn't move..........he did in the end.

Tina
Old Feb 13th 2012, 9:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I can understand your being wary. You can't just know who you are speaking with on an open forum . I just got beyond caring if the poxy pub cretin or the scumbag neighbours saw this on here or not.

This thread , which I started in complete despair of our situation, has been a huge phsycological boost to us due to the support, help & info members of BE have freely given. I'm glad it's done a little of the same for you too.

As you've read this long tome, you'll know we've gone through most of what you're going through now & it has tainted our relationship with this village sadly & our 'faith' in the community as a whole.

It does sound as if you are in the way of some grand plan here.

From what I know, the noise issues can be virtually stopped . It takes time but it can be done. That doesn't mean they will take much notice but when it gets to a 'noise abatement notice', equipment will be confiscated and fines given..... that's if the noise control officers turn up in a timely fashion with the local plods. That bit can be tricky.

I take it you are keeping a detailed of everything.

The intimidation is more difficult. Especially when the rest of the community decides to shrink into the shadows to just gossip about it rather than support. I suppose it's a case of proving it. Even then that isn't a strategy that will get them moved. They've only just arrived. One can only hope to put a lid on it. Put the squeeze on them rather than the other way around.

Who gave the resource consent for this type of business? You should have been able to object at source from the little I know.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 6:34 pm
Banned

gowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nice

Sort of an update.

It seems that what ever the are planning in the way of this business venture next door has be scuppered by the local council but then again if they did not advertise the fact so blantently the council would not jump on them so fast. Through second hand information we have heard some pity stories but also there is also a bit of resistance to whats going on however as these people are not directly affected thats going to amount to nothing around here. Then again given the name of the business and its outside appearance you would certainly be gossiping about this place.

So much I would like to actually say but need to be wary.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:48 am
Banned

Ughhhhhh!!!!!

Saturday night and you guessed it they have a "function" going on! All very hush hush behind blinds activity but there is certainly a gathering and yes noise has picked up as I write. But not enough to call noise control I suspect. Bit unsure what to do here the council shut these activities down we thought until so much was spent converting from retail to an entertainment centre (we heard $20-100k floated around) yet here we are with another "function" going on.

As usual coincides with the 5:30am wake up for the the milking shed. If this carries on I am going to find a way of parking our Diesel Car beside the boundary fence and give it a good warm up in the morning.

What tops it is went around to the inlaws and lo and behold their neighbour had gone out...yes gone out and left the stereo blearing....

When we purchased our house we knew the area was zoned commercial but we never figured that the house nextdoor or the shop next door would be converted into some late night entertainment centre. Then again given the colour scheme (red and black) and the name of the establishment you would probably be wondering what exactly the entertainment is!

Great area when an 8 year old is kept awake as well!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Ughhhhhh!!!!!

Saturday night and you guessed it they have a "function" going on! All very hush hush behind blinds activity but there is certainly a gathering and yes noise has picked up as I write. But not enough to call noise control I suspect. Bit unsure what to do here the council shut these activities down we thought until so much was spent converting from retail to an entertainment centre (we heard $20-100k floated around) yet here we are with another "function" going on.

As usual coincides with the 5:30am wake up for the the milking shed. If this carries on I am going to find a way of parking our Diesel Car beside the boundary fence and give it a good warm up in the morning.

What tops it is went around to the inlaws and lo and behold their neighbour had gone out...yes gone out and left the stereo blearing....

When we purchased our house we knew the area was zoned commercial but we never figured that the house nextdoor or the shop next door would be converted into some late night entertainment centre. Then again given the colour scheme (red and black) and the name of the establishment you would probably be wondering what exactly the entertainment is!

I do hope you are regularly fertilising your garden with fresh-as cow poo?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:59 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Ughhhhhh!!!!!

Are you saying it's a gang house or establishment? Have you spoken to the police or if's a "speakeasy" type of place, then you might be better off talking to the council's alcohol license dept.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 9:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Are you saying it's a gang house or establishment? Have you spoken to the police or if's a "speakeasy" type of place, then you might be better off talking to the council's alcohol license dept.
Nothing sinister on the outside anyway

Yes Council is on the case however my faith in our local council is just a bit lacking given an event a few years ago that transformed our village. That event then the views of the people directly affected that actual did speak up was pretty much over ridden by the "Elders" who were not affected or for that matter live within the village confines. Money talks!!!!

Although I think the council will be very interested in something that they were mislead about last night Can not say more than that yet but they are being watched.

I have a firewood delivery coming next week with some uncut logs so I wonder how chainsawing is going to go down? Every year we do this and was not uncommon for us and the previous neighbour to be out at 8am on a hot summers day cutting wood before the heat of the day.

Last edited by gowron; Feb 18th 2012 at 10:00 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:48 pm
`

Our own weekend started well. No band noise from the pub as no band.
A lovely peaceful Saturday evening and off to bed we toddle as need to be up early this morning.
The sound of the ticking clock and cat snoring a balm to our ears as we nod off.

AWAKE 3 a.m. Noisy neighbours, probably back from town. Music level not audible but loud party type hoots and hollerings outside as they continue to party on down. Noise control were phoned but Saturday nights can be busy. 2 hours later they are still at it. As the chap on the other end of the phone says "we can't remove their voices from them". Erm - Nopes but you can tell them to go inside or shut up!

Then I had a bit of a moment I didn't know I was going to have...... 'Flinging open the bedroom window I screech full belt like an old fishwife 'Shut Up ! It 4.30am . I've had enough. "

Stunned silence for a moment and then the F-Off's come & the radio turned on & the usual stuff about they can do what they want in their own country type stuff is slurred back.

Anyway. It did shut them up Mr BEVS heard them pack up and head off out of the village to annoy someone else.

When Mr BEVS phoned noise control to tell 'em not to come and to confess to my 'moment' , he thought he heard a bit of a wry chuckle in the 'oh !' on the other end of the phone.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:00 am
`

Saturday night and you guessed it they have a "function" going on! All very hush hush behind blinds activity but there is certainly a gathering and yes noise has picked up as I write. But not enough to call noise control I suspect.
That doesn't matter. You call anyway & you keep a detailed log for yourself.

Even if the noise guard thinks it's OK at the time of his arrival, it will still go on the noise logs for environmental health You need that to be happening. It's the audible levels from their boundary & it's not just about noise levels . It's also about nuisance.

Bit unsure what to do here the council shut these activities down we thought
You go to the council and ask direct.

until so much was spent converting from retail to an entertainment centre (we heard $20-100k floated around) yet here we are with another "function" going on.
You can pay a nominal fee to view details of the properties concerned. That will tell you what has or has not been done. What planning. What resource consents. What licenses.

You can use QV to obtain what the properties really sold for and to whom

Use NZ companies house to view details of the directors etc if this is run as a 'business'

You need to be amassing facts. I know that councils will drag their feet if they can. There are some very good posts about this by Expat Kiwi on this thread. However, coucil does have to abide by it;s own plan & as such if you can amass enough facts, evidence, complaint logs etc . they will be forced to act.

When we purchased our house we knew the area was zoned commercial but we never figured that the house nextdoor or the shop next door would be converted into some late night entertainment centre.
Then you need to look at the files for the resource consents & the names of the issuing officers and to strongly question why this was given without your being given the opportunity to object. You were entitled to that.
Also once you have the dates, look back over the local newspapers for the advert about the consent. It should have been advertised.

Get militant. It's a form of guerilla warfare. Once you know exactly what you are dealing with by way of the paperwork trail . The rules and the regs. Exactly who these people are. Where they came from and all that stuff ( rather than heresay) then you can decide which way you will play it.

As for us. My eyes are firmly on the pubs liquor licensing hours when it comes up for renewal.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 19th 2012 at 12:02 am.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst we nothing like the troubles you guys are having, we don't half notice the night time volume increase a fair few decibels now that we've finally got a bit of heat and sun. People just seem to go mental and don't have a care in the world how much noise they make or who can hear them.

A gathering started at a neighbours here yesterday mid-afternoon with their drunken shenanigans, loud music, water-fights and the never ending woo-hoos; tormenting a constantly barking dog with their screaming and carrying on. Just when we thought it was all over late last night, seems they all stayed the night and decided to carry on again this morning.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:28 am
`

Right. So the shite faced barstwards next door are once again giving it some welly. Even though a noise abatement is in place. Noise control called.

Gowron doesn't seem to have the same horrible ongoing noise troubles we have.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 3rd 2012 at 7:33 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 7:53 am
Banned

Sorry to here you got it going again Bevs

We think we may have nipped our problem before it grows any bigger....think being the operative word.

Our neighbour has the council jumping up and down on them although we had noticed a bit of covert activity taking place but notes are being taken However the other problems they have caused us within the community may not be so easy to be fixed. Then again we practically have isolated ourselves or should say have been isolated in what is a tight knit community anyways. Spending as much time up at the farm during the day and away from the village idiots dos make a differance I guess.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Right. So the shite faced barstwards next door are once again giving it some welly. Even though a noise abatement is in place. Noise control called.

Gowron doesn't seem to have the same horrible ongoing noise troubles we have.
Everytime a notificaton for this comes up my heart sinks for you BEVS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.