Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviour.

Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Other peoples noise and anti-social behaviours. Be warned . RANT

So. It was an all night session. Noise control did go in , it seems, around 3.30 am and confiscated the 'stereo' . That would account for a lull for a while. 6 am they were still jollying & now are winding down with a good ole bit of chat between themselves.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:32 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Well now seems a good time to start your celebrations.........
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:11 am
`

Default Love the idea of Benidorm and the like, come to where we live.

For years we've had to put up with anti-social behaviours, racial abuse and noise from others.
Lovely place. Great spot. Close to beach. Just like a Dorset village was the latest I read from someone. Joke !

Wonderful to look at , I grant you. Yet here we are. Again. Yet another weekend ruined by others anti-social behaviours. I've slept in my own bed just 1 night in the last 4.

Ugh
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love the idea of Benidorm and the like, come to where we live.

where are you? just so we can avoid

sounds awful, other peoples noise is a real drainer especially if you yourself are tired, the kids need to sleep, you have other worries.
Really do feel for you.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:55 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
For years we've had to put up with anti-social behaviours, racial abuse and noise from others.
Lovely place. Great spot. Close to beach. Just like a Dorset village was the latest I read from someone. Joke !

Wonderful to look at , I grant you. Yet here we are. Again. Yet another weekend ruined by others anti-social behaviours. I've slept in my own bed just 1 night in the last 4.

Ugh
Where you live?? Peaceful as anything where we are lovely neighbors so feel lucky
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Never hear so much as a peep out of my neighbours! ... I live next door to a cemetery!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh
What I nightmare, you haven't mention the noise for a while I was thinking it had got resolved. or maybe that someone had touched the place in the middle of the night, checking first that nobody was inside of course.
Kaz

Last edited by babybella; Feb 6th 2012 at 2:29 am. Reason: adding comment
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:57 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that BEVS, I was hoping it would have been dealt with by now. It's been going on for such a long time.
There's nothing I can say that will help
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:26 pm
`

Sorry for the bit of a rant. At least it let off a bit of steam rather than leaping the styles & crossing the paddocks to go mental at them.

Council are doing their best . We know that.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for the bit of a rant. At least it let off a bit of steam rather than leaping the styles & crossing the paddocks to go mental at them.

Council are doing their best . We know that.
Don't apologise for having a rant. We all need to from time to time. Having lived with noise pollution in the past, I know how it gradually wears you down.

Council maybe doing their best but they need to be doing better IMO
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:04 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I know I've said it before, and I know it's useless, but I really feel for you BEVS, I really, really do.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

If you need to rant then go for it, you've been through hell and letting off steam is necessary sometimes or you'd just go mad. It's far better than losing it with the neighbours face to face!
I may not be able to help in any real sense but I really feel for you and what you're going through.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 7:17 pm
Banned

gowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nicegowron is just really nice

I agree. We wanted a quiet place to live so picked a quiet area, on a quiet back section, with quiet neighbours in a quiet village. We visited our house several times before buying it. Day, evenings and weekends. We met with the neighbours.
We've been in this village for over 5 years and in this house for 3 years. So you see my friend , we had already thought of and put into practice your practical tip.

The pub only arrived this year. It's not next door or even in our road. It's over the next door paddock and in a road below us .
Before that the place was a rather good restaurant.
The amount of live music has gradually increased and with that the later nights and the volume.
One band even brought their own sound equipment & engineer .

Thanks for all these answers. I'll have a good read later on & form 'A Plan'.
My head was mush before we went away for a couple of days and I wasn't particularly looking forward to coming back because I know that we have to continue to deal with this unwanted nuisance. I'll admit, I have considered moving .
I feel complete sympathy for you and are finding ourselves in the same situation. We found your thread through a google search and signed up here because of what you have been going through.

We purchased our house nearly 6 years ago in what we thought was a quite village although we do live on a main highway which in fairness is very quite. Next door to us is house which had a young family as well (our Daughter is now 8) and what used to be a shop. For the last few years the place was up for sale along with an old post office on the opposite side of the road. No one was reallly interested because of the prices being asked.

Then in late October someone decide to buy the Post office house next door in fact all 4 tittles that were up for sale at well over market value. The plan was to convert the shop to an "entertainment venue" and the house to a Backpackers, the old post office was already converted. The entertainment venue was partying until the early hours of the morning which and that is what they want to do with the place.

Our lifes been hell despite our best efforts to be friendly we have put up with stones thrown on our roof in the middle of the night and intimidation from this neighbour. They got stopped by the council for some the things they are planning the one of note was a letter posted on the mail boxes blatently complaining about noise control being called and inviting the village to a new years party. Tell the complainant to leave town if they did not like it.
The late night functions have been stopped for now but there are other things that person is doing thats making us feel uncomfortable in the home we have been for several years.

A new person comes into the village and says they are conducting a business while buying thier way into your village. Everyone thinks they are great except the neighbours who are being intimidated.

They say money talks and if you got the money you can buy your friends it seems and trample on the neighbours. Sometimes I wish we were still renting at least we could move out easily.

Really I do feel sorry for Bevs and anyone else finding this situation and believe it or not this person is an expat.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 9:59 pm
`

Originally Posted by Persephone
If you need to rant then go for it, you've been through hell and letting off steam is necessary sometimes or you'd just go mad. It's far better than losing it with the neighbours face to face!
I may not be able to help in any real sense but I really feel for you and what you're going through.
Thanks everyone.
The good news: Last night the poxy lowlife pub had a band on and guess what? We didn't hear a thing.

The bad news: Just to make a change from being kept awake until the wee small hours, we were woken up in the wee small hours ( 4 a.m. ) by loud music coming from the pikey type noisy neighbours.

I have to giggle really.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 10:21 pm
`

Originally Posted by gowron
I feel complete sympathy for you and are finding ourselves in the same situation. We found your thread through a google search and signed up here because of what you have been going through..
Blimey. What did you put in the google search to find this?

Anyway, welcome to the British Expats site & this cosy little NZ forum.

Sorry to read you've been having these nightmare problems too. It can be extremely wearying.

Whereabouts are you? We're at the top of the South Island , outside of Nelson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.