Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:38 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Originally Posted by Markk
Wish I'd thought of that, nice one!!!
Drink Tauranga January?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
To be honest I would have thought it closer than that. And I have around a bit
yes you're right if you flap your arms hard enough you can get there in 4 1/2 hrs
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
Ok this will be like red to a bull.

I work as a nurse and meet all types of people through work. I have found that many kiwis are small minded idots.

For example, today is World Aids Day and when i said that i was suprised at the apathy of NZ TV and press one of my fellow nurses said 'maybe thats because its not an issue here' WTF its a world issue at the rates in NZ are creeping up. This is from a degree level nurse.

I am amazed at how many people cannot read and write, yeah my grammer is not great but i completed my training, and can function. Many people don't read or write here, we have 3-4 per a day here.

Still have not reached a funny part yet, sorry.

Then there is the scary fundamentalist christian beliefs here, many people here seem blinded by their faith.

I just think there is a large population here of really dumb people.

It makes work interesting, asking patients if they have any allergies, most dont know what an allergy is.

Then asked what medical problems they have they dont understand that either.

My favourite one is 'what brings you to hospital today'
response : The patient either
a) puts their foot up on the table and points at the toe, Like im some oracle or mind reader.
b) I did it playing rugby, (when asked how exactly they broke their wrist im told while playing rugby) Like Rugby here gives you spontaneous injuries.
c) They tell me they have a headache, runny nose, all over ache. (they then seem suprised and upset when i tell them that they may well have a cold. Like they would prefer it if i told them they had the bird flu or something)

People here seem to have very poor coping skills.

Also we are told that Kiwis are a friendly bunch, but I have met some real A holes, many are extremely arrogant probably because they are so small minded.

I dare you to say anything mildly negative about new zealand, say something about the houses being more like garden sheds, and they will not speak to you, its like you have deeply offended them

Anyway my kiwi boyfriend (English parents thank god) are off to Canada, will try somewhwere else.

Ive been here for 15 months now, yeah money is good for me but still im missing some culture and wit.

LMAO i edited my spelling mistakes, I'm English so have no problems pointing out my many flaws
Another one who has not enjoyed the NZ experience...It's not for everyone aye? been here 20 months and we love it, love Kiwis and everything about the country except the driving and sausages. The weather has been utterly shite of late but it appears the whole world's weather has gone gah-gah! I am not surprised kiwis take offence to their domiciles being likened to sheds..how would a brit feel if some kiwi in the Uk said english houses are like boxes....so you can't blame them for that aye? Kiwis are friendly on the whole and I guess they are a totally different animal to what anyone from europe is used to. We are a young country, the most isolated western society on earth. That in itself is bound to bring issues. At the end of the day for a new person on these shores I think you will either love it or hate it. I am in the love it camp. I think you need to love it to be able to cope with all the trauma of the move. I couldn't have stayed here if it was 'just okay'.

What do you think of all the negative stuff about Canada then? I was surprised to see so much of the latter!!! Good luck there...got warm clothes????

Last edited by Genesis; Dec 1st 2006 at 6:22 pm. Reason: Shite spelling!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Oh hell that's nothing! A Yank acquaintance of ours asked where England was in Paris. No joke.... Seriously, you want dumb as far as geography is concerned? Come to the US!
How about this then...a number of certain inhabitants of one of the world's larger countries were asked who Joan of Arc was...to which the majority chirped up with "Noah's wife"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:34 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
How about this then...a number of certain inhabitants of one of the world's larger countries were asked who Joan of Arc was...to which the majority chirped up with "Noah's wife"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
ROFL!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

New Zealand is a nation of apathy[/QUOTE]

Hey but we are good at rugger and we have some nice beaches too!!!!
Wine's good, great steak is affordable and we have space. We are non nuclear and we stand alone when it comes to world politics..as some one said what do you expect to find in Canada..the wit you talk about? A nation of highly educated people?? Show me one of them please!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:36 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey but we are good at rugger and we have some nice beaches too!!!!
Wine's good, great steak is affordable and we have space. We are non nuclear and we stand alone when it comes to world politics..as some one said what do you expect to find in Canada..the wit you talk about? A nation of highly educated people?? Show me one of them please!!!!
Ya hey dere. Heat me up a beer, eh? I found the biggest stuck-up snobs in the world in Quebec when I went there. Beautiful city, but godawful people. Yuck! Apparently the world owes them, but what for, I'm really not sure.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
Ya hey dere. Heat me up a beer, eh? I found the biggest stuck-up snobs in the world in Quebec when I went there. Beautiful city, but godawful people. Yuck! Apparently the world owes them, but what for, I'm really not sure.
Is the problem with Canada the fact that its not sure if its french or american?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:00 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Is the problem with Canada the fact that its not sure if its french or american?
A bit like saying should it eat quality food .....or just the whole cow

Not all Kiwis are stupid, a recent study in 99 concluded that if all the Kiwis and Ozzies were to leave London the city would literally grind to a halt.

But like all places you will experience ignorance and biase from small minded people - obviously the ones that haven't travelled (and I dont just mean overseas, like the UK some have not ventured past their own county.

Sugo are you still coming to Melbourne? or is the boyfriend changing your mind

Let us know if you are popping over - we are not all country hicks

Just for the record I grew up in a tin shed (and now I prefer solid victorian brick)
Kiwi
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:23 pm
Maz

That's definitely the problem with Quebec City! Montreal isn't so bad, but in QC they pretended to not understand me. Well sorreeeee for speaking perfect Parisian French, and not Quebecois, which sounds disgusting anyway!

Of course on the other side of the country is *British* Columbia ha ha. One-third of the population in Vancouver is from far east Asia. Can you say "identity crisis"?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Drink Tauranga January?
You arrive on the 11th don't you? We're flying to Australia on that day, coming back 28th!!
Let us know if your plans change (or when you are here permanently!!!)
Mark
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:30 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread topic Sugo
I think you have to be here and have personal experience of what you are trying to get across to understand all that you've said (I understand a lot of it lol)
When are you off to Canada and what part?
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sky
Good thread topic Sugo
I think you have to be here and have personal experience of what you are trying to get across to understand all that you've said (I understand a lot of it lol)
When are you off to Canada and what part?

hey thanks sky, Melbourne is not totally written off yet so its either Vancouver or Melbourne in 6 months time.

Hope your still survivng
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

......I am not surprised kiwis take offence to their domiciles being likened to sheds..how would a brit feel if some kiwi in the Uk said english houses are like boxes....
Ha ha.
Not only are UK houses little boxes, but soon they will literally BE boxes thanks to Ikea.
Flat-pack houses are on their way to a store near you
http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1961670,00.html

Kip
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 7:13 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers
Ha ha.
Not only are UK houses little boxes, but soon they will literally BE boxes thanks to Ikea.
Flat-pack houses are on their way to a store near you
http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1961670,00.html

Kip
I cannot wait to see these

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.