Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: (negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Originally Posted by Sugo
Im in the cultural capital of Wellington.

Had another nurse today ask me what the red ribbon i was wearing was for?

WTF where has this country been.

BBC website has intelligent discussions on HIV/AIDS educating and informing people. What does New Zealand have on its major news networks?

Jack Shit

I meet around 20-70 people per a day, I wonder how many of you meet that many people and have discussions with them.

I'm not bitter, I have had some lovely times here and met some great people but still I feel sad that so many will not have the chances I had back in the UK. They will not have the opportunities.

I have a good job, get paid well, and live in a nice if not cold place. Ive met someone I love and have a better quality of life but i still get pished off with some of the small minded beliefs of the people here.

Yeah the title of the thread is a bit harsh but if you met the people I do through work you would have the same feelings.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Oh hell that's nothing! A Yank acquaintance of ours asked where England was in Paris. No joke.... Seriously, you want dumb as far as geography is concerned? Come to the US!
I always thought Wan King was a place in China until I discovered Smirnoff!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

told you it would be like red to a bull, you are the first of the herd. Maybe you would do better as a sheep.

Anyway you will fit in well in NZ.

i dont use capitals for god or kiwi, or nz because im slack at typing, i also dont have much respect for any of the above at the moment,

Im in a really p!ssy mood today, must be the lovely weather, didnt sleep since the first day of summer started with sever rain and winds, our house nearly blew away.

We should have a thread of kiwi'isms
like pointing out others errors, not so they can learn from them but rather so that the person who finds error looks and feels better.

Sad
Sugo, where did it all go wrong? I remember some of your first threads when you first arrived, you seemed so positive, excited and happy?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
Oh hell that's nothing! A Yank acquaintance of ours asked where England was in Paris. No joke.... Seriously, you want dumb as far as geography is concerned? Come to the US!
When I was in the US, someone asked me what state England was in!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:35 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markk
Do you say a "mess"?

Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
Do you say a "mess"?

Wish I'd thought of that, nice one!!!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:44 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Domestic abuse does effect me, i have to patch these women and children up then see them go home with the man who did it to them.
As someone else as mentions it not NZ unique. From what I gather isnt it quite predominent in the Māori community?

Yes I am gay.
Good for you.

oh and im sure all those white blond married people in 1930's Germany had a lovely time under Hitler.
My point was that Xenophobia and Rasicm are similar. And by the way I am dead against rasicm. Treat others as you would want to be treated, irrespective or creed or colour. However I am against others trying to dictate what others should do.

So what if it doesnt directly effect you. Could you live next door to a family where the wife and mother is beaten so badly that she is hardly recognisable, are you saying that that would not have an effect on you.
No I couldnt live next door to this kind of stuff. I am the type of person who would say something. I would offer to help the victim.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, today I have been dealing with a Māori ‘lady’, probably one of the most obnoxious women I have ever met, if she had been a bloke I would have punched her in the nose.

Tends to taint ones view of certain races.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:02 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: (negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Ok, ok, Jaj, no need for you to post about citizenship _ I got it!! [/QUOTE]

LAUGHING MY BIG FAT ARSE OFF!!!! Love it!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:28 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markk
No great surprise! At least Kiwis have an excuse for being insular, living on islands and all that...
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
As someone else as mentions it not NZ unique. From what I gather isnt it quite predominent in the Māori community?

Good for you.

My point was that Xenophobia and Rasicm are similar. And by the way I am dead against rasicm. Treat others as you would want to be treated, irrespective or creed or colour. However I am against others trying to dictate what others should do.

No I couldnt live next door to this kind of stuff. I am the type of person who would say something. I would offer to help the victim.
I have read studies that say 16% of domestic violence is actually done by the woman ! Of course men are bigger and stronger, but i just want to mention that it is not all one way in every situation.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
No great surprise! At least Kiwis have an excuse for being insular, living on islands and all that...
When we returned to uk from living in Singapore my kids new school friends asked them if Singapore was in Hong Kong....(no its 6 hrs flying time away.)... so it's not just kiwis who might not know their geography.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
I have read studies that say 16% of domestic violence is actually done by the woman ! Of course men are bigger and stronger, but i just want to mention that it is not all one way in every situation.
I was on the recieving end myself in a prior marriage
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
if she had been a bloke I would have punched her in the nose.
Thats sexist

You should of twated her
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by helinuk
When we returned to uk from living in Singapore my kids new school friends asked them if Singapore was in Hong Kong....(no its 6 hrs flying time away.)... so it's not just kiwis who might not know their geography.
To be honest I would have thought it closer than that. And I have around a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.