Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

(negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:26 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: (negative funny ish post) Kiwis are stupid. Discuss

Originally Posted by Sugo
lol was wondering if anyone would notice xenophobia spelt with a Z, just being a dick.

Domestic abuse does effect me, i have to patch these women and children up then see them go home with the man who did it to them.

Yes I am gay

oh and im sure all those white blond married people in 19030's Germany had a lovely time under Hitler.

So what if it doesnt directly effect you. Could you live next door to a family where the wife and mother is beaten so badly that she is hardly recognisable, are you saying that that would not have an effect on you.
I'm confused, I thought you were being a "deck?"

If they go home to the man who'se abused them I'm afraid that's their choice and is not only happening in NZ? It is not solely a Kiwi thing - sadly, that's the world over. And no-one person will change that. That's life unfortunately.

And you sooooo didn't know you'd spelt it wrong!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'm confused, I thought you were being a "deck?"

If they go home to the man who'se abused them I'm afraid that's their choice and is not only happening in NZ? It is not solely a Kiwi thing - sadly, that's the world over. And no-one person will change that. That's life unfortunately.

And you sooooo didn't know you'd spelt it wrong!!!!

Well its a world wide problem but domestic abuse is more prevelant in NZ, havnt got the statistics to hand but it is much higher here than in many other civilised countries.

I lived in a low socioeconomic area in the UK for 5 years, ive been here for 15 months and I have seen more cases of abuse in NZ in that time than i did in the UK. One women was not recognisable by her mother.

As for it being there fault if they go back, well imagine falling in love with someone, having children with them, giving up your job then being beaten by them. You have probably moved away from you family, you have given up your means to make money, you rationalise that moving would take your children out of school, your scared to be alone, your scared what he might do to you if you leave, he has worn down your self esteem that you just dont care anymore.

So is it really their fault.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Well its a world wide problem but domestic abuse is more prevelant in NZ, havnt got the statistics to hand but it is much higher here than in many other civilised countries.

I lived in a low socioeconomic area in the UK for 5 years, ive been here for 15 months and I have seen more cases of abuse in NZ in that time than i did in the UK. One women was not recognisable by her mother.

As for it being there fault if they go back, well imagine falling in love with someone, having children with them, giving up your job then being beaten by them. You have probably moved away from you family, you have given up your means to make money, you rationalise that moving would take your children out of school, your scared to be alone, your scared what he might do to you if you leave, he has worn down your self esteem that you just dont care anymore.

So is it really their fault.
FYI

"one out of three women have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence by a partner" University of Auckland study.

also

18,000-35,000 children experience violence in the home

33,000 live with mothers who expereince violence

this is according to Unicef

New zealand has a population just over 4 million.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

FYI

"one out of three women have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence by a partner" University of Auckland study.

also

18,000-35,000 children experience violence in the home

33,000 live with mothers who expereince violence

this is according to Unicef

New zealand has a population just over 4 million.
Which is dreadful, there is no denying it. But would a similar survey in the UK, or in Oz, give similar dreadful results?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Apple12
Which is dreadful, there is no denying it. But would a similar survey in the UK, or in Oz, give similar dreadful results?
no i dont think it would i think New Zealand has higher rates of abuse per a capita than the UK

ok have found one study that shoes 1% of women attending emergency dept in UK attended because of domestic violence opposed to 2.6% of women atending in New Zealand during the same period of time.
so more than 2 and a half women in new zealand go to ED as a result of domestic violence.

You can tell its a slow work day for me

Last edited by Sugo; Dec 1st 2006 at 12:48 am.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:12 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

You can tell its a slow work day for me
That, or you're just so bitter towards NZ and your lack of willingness to go with the flow and fit in, that you see fit to lash out and have your problems be everyone else's. And no, I'm not talking about the violence. Oh hell I've lived through that. In the back of beyond in SW France with the man I loved. Well, I didn't love him after that! I fought back and maimed him for life, the *****er. So yes, life is what you make of it. I'm sorry your attitude is one of poking holes in an entire country's population. Want an easy target? Come live in the US for that.

And don't for one second start thinking that Canada will be the utopia you seem to think it is. It's not. And yes, I speak from experience.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
That, or you're just so bitter towards NZ and your lack of willingness to go with the flow and fit in, that you see fit to lash out and have your problems be everyone else's. And no, I'm not talking about the violence. Oh hell I've lived through that. In the back of beyond in SW France with the man I loved. Well, I didn't love him after that! I fought back and maimed him for life, the *****er. So yes, life is what you make of it. I'm sorry your attitude is one of poking holes in an entire country's population. Want an easy target? Come live in the US for that.

And don't for one second start thinking that Canada will be the utopia you seem to think it is. It's not. And yes, I speak from experience.

scary lady
Old Dec 1st 2006, 1:52 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Nice one Maz. Me too, and wonder of wonders, not in New Zealand either! The only truth in the title of this thread is the negative bit. It's not the slightest bit funny(ish). What is stupid is assuming that just because people cannot read and write means that they have no intelligence. Did you ever hear of Harriet Tubman? She was illiterate but helped more than 300 people escape from slavery in the US during the 1850s. Not being able to read and write didn't stop her from being a heroine. I'm a voracious reader and cannot imagine what it would be like not to be able to read but I judge people on who they are, not the box they've been put into by people who should (but don't) know any better.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 2:36 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

scary lady
How so? Because I fought back? You bet I fought back!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Where in NZ are you Sugo?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
Probably typing errors!
What's the Kiwi's excuse?
In school: (some things my kids have been told)
Think Scotland is capital of England.
The Queen resides in NZ
Mount Everest is in South Island
These a just and example of things we hear on a daily basis when my kids come home from school. Its entertaining to say the least.
Someone talking to my wife at work and said Scotland was an island. Duh

Rob
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:16 am
Maz

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Someone talking to my wife at work and said Scotland was an island. Duh

Rob
Oh hell that's nothing! A Yank acquaintance of ours asked where England was in Paris. No joke.... Seriously, you want dumb as far as geography is concerned? Come to the US!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:33 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Oh hell that's nothing! A Yank acquaintance of ours asked where England was in Paris. No joke.... Seriously, you want dumb as far as geography is concerned? Come to the US!
If being dumb at geography is a sign of stupidity then I'm banjacksed! It was one of two subjects at school that I had no interest in. I'm not proud of it but I really wouldn't know where any of the middle eastern countries are if I was shown them without names pasted across them. I applied for a job in The Hague and told my sister I'd applied for a job in Germany When I spoke to the boss he said "so, you want to work in Holland?" Without missing a beat I answered "yes, that's right" Who cared? I just wanted to get on a plane
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Batty
Nice one Maz. Me too, and wonder of wonders, not in New Zealand either! The only truth in the title of this thread is the negative bit. It's not the slightest bit funny(ish). What is stupid is assuming that just because people cannot read and write means that they have no intelligence. Did you ever hear of Harriet Tubman? She was illiterate but helped more than 300 people escape from slavery in the US during the 1850s. Not being able to read and write didn't stop her from being a heroine. I'm a voracious reader and cannot imagine what it would be like not to be able to read but I judge people on who they are, not the box they've been put into by people who should (but don't) know any better.

Its not just reading and writing thats the issue, its just that there is a large population of grunts, they can not even speak in sentences,

Reading and writing is not a sign of how intelligent someone is but if a person cannot ready a news paper, the web, books etc they are unlikely to know about the rest of the world. People who are really intelligent but illiterate are the exception, they are rare individuals, so you here of a few people out of millions.

People dont know any better but what is the Govt. doing about this, why are the affluent middle classes with good educations doing nothing about this, New Zealand is a nation of apathy
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rascal
Where in NZ are you Sugo?
Im in the cultural capital of Wellington.

Had another nurse today ask me what the red ribbon i was wearing was for?

WTF where has this country been.

BBC website has intelligent discussions on HIV/AIDS educating and informing people. What does New Zealand have on its major news networks?

Jack Shit

I meet around 20-70 people per a day, I wonder how many of you meet that many people and have discussions with them.

I'm not bitter, I have had some lovely times here and met some great people but still I feel sad that so many will not have the chances I had back in the UK. They will not have the opportunities.

I have a good job, get paid well, and live in a nice if not cold place. Ive met someone I love and have a better quality of life but i still get pished off with some of the small minded beliefs of the people here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.