Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Meet Up on North Shore, Auckland

Meet Up on North Shore, Auckland

Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

thehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nice
Default Re: Meet Up on North Shore, Auckland

Hi everyone,

We arrived here 2 weeks ago and would also love to meet up. Me, my husband Lee, our son Alfie who is 5 and our daughter Lola who is 2 would love to come out and play. Is it still happening at Flex on the 4th September and will there be other children there?

Claire
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

lizbillionaire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Claire, Welcome to NZ, hope you are getting sorted, your children sound fab, I remember those days VERY well, I am here and coming to the meet-up, my 'baby' is 17 and will be in the skate park on his bike, but I am sure that there will be other little ones around, if not I can still push a swing
really looking forward to meeting you and your family, see u there
Liz
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

thehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nicethehortons is just really nice

Thanks Liz. That really put a smile on my face.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 12:58 am
Just Joined

The first few weeks are tough for everyone.... if you fancy a coffee or catch-up before the 4th, just let me know I am waiting for my Husbaand Mike to arrive in December, so pretty much have most eve/weekends free, I am living in Browns Bay, but have a car so can travel, I will PM u my Mobile number if u want to catch up, we can even take the kids to Mac D's they do good coffee and have a play park for the little ones
take care claire
Liz
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Otis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really nice

Hi Liz,
I have too have a 17 year old baby boy! Is he at College? If so, which one? Looking forward to meeting everyone soon.
Cheers
Sharon
Old Aug 20th 2011, 3:10 am
Just Joined

paulemma is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Enjoyed meeting those who were at the last meet up. It was our first time and it was good to swap stories and find out lots of info.
Clare - Welcome to New Zealand. We arrived about 6 weeks ago and have a 2 almost 3 yr old son called William and I am 28wks pregnant - so a new kiwi on the way! Looking forward to meeting you on the 4th and if you want to get intouch before thats cool. Meeting new friends is always good when you first arrive, as we have found. We are renting a house in Albany.
Our container arrived on Monday and it was like christmas for the first few hours but then the amount of boxes and mess became a bit stressful. All sorted now
See you on the 4th.
Emma
Old Aug 21st 2011, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys. Emma, we're moving to Mairangi Bay on Tuesday which is not far from you. It would be nice to meet up. We're moving in on Tuesday so it me know when is best for you.

Claire
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Hi Sharon, don't you just love these 17yr old baby boys... he is doing really well and thankfully making more friends than me!!! he is at Rangi so big school and 'mixed' which after comng from the UK at a Boys only school is a bit of a novelety, really looking forward to catching up with every one, lets hope the sunshine stays with us... take care every one and have a great week, and congrats on the new little kiwi how exciting emma, hope the move goes well and look forward to meeting you and your familiy claire
Liz
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Hi

Having a kiwi baby is very exciting but am at the point where I feel very big!!!! Claire - I have sent you a PM.
Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 4th. Do we know what time?
Emma
Old Aug 24th 2011, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Moomette is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the forum's for British expats, but was wondering if I might join you as well at your next meet up? I'm originally from Finland, but spent practically all my adult life (13 years) in the UK before moving to NZ with Kiwi hubby and now 11 month old DD at the start of April.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Otis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really niceOtis is just really nice

Originally Posted by Moomette
I know the forum's for British expats, but was wondering if I might join you as well at your next meet up? I'm originally from Finland, but spent practically all my adult life (13 years) in the UK before moving to NZ with Kiwi hubby and now 11 month old DD at the start of April.
Hi

Please do! Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Cheers
Sharon
Old Aug 26th 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Will be great to meet you moomette, look forward to seeingyou and everyone else there.
Have a great sunny weekend everyone
Liz
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys,
What time are we meeting on Sunday? 10.45 like last time?

Sharon
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Am guessing it is 10.45 like last time, not read anything different. Looking forward to seeeing you then.
Emma