Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many people are moving?

How many people are moving?

Old May 23rd 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many people are moving?

Originally Posted by Rascal
You shouldn't really make judgements on people before you know them.
I was never bored in my 40+ yrs in Uk, so why am I bored here?
Because the place IS boring!
Glad you haven't been bored in the 2 years you been here...Yet!
well said and it also has to be said that if anyone DARE mention the problems of NZ then they will be jumped on, people will say they are leaving the board, throw all their toys out of the pram and say that the negatives are ruining the board!!!! So maybe these gals are just being polite in saying that it is boring. Which it is. If they dare mention any of the other problems they will be attacked by the 'positive' people that cannot cope with anything critical said about NZ.

So Genesis, if anyone had mentioned the p problems, boy racers etc etc, would you be accepting of that? You are getting upset about them saying it is boring, so I cannot imagine you want to hear about the more serious problems NZ faces.

If some find NZ boring, that is THEIR opinion. I am not sure that telling them that it is actually them that are boring is very nice.

But then, if boring is all they are being called they are lucky.... I got called MUCH worse by the 'gang'
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

While on the subject, we knew one British family with FIVE kids, came here about 3 yrs ago now, sold up in Uk (south), arrived in AKL, drove to their rental (a new 5 bed property, quite nice).
Within 1 HOUR, Yes this is true btw, took the keys back to property office, got their deposit back, drove back to AKl airport and booked a flight back to Uk next day!!!
Now that must be the shortest stay in NZ for any migrant!
I was speechless when I heard what they did!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:23 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Well go then! I was 33 when I went off travelling and never made it back to the UK.

Boring people, get bored.
in the words of Neneh Cherry - life is what you make it, so make it better

buffalo stance - what a track.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

While on the subject, we knew one British family with FIVE kids, came here about 3 yrs ago now, sold up in Uk (south), arrived in AKL, drove to their rental (a new 5 bed property, quite nice).
Within 1 HOUR, Yes this is true btw, took the keys back to property office, got their deposit back, drove back to AKl airport and booked a flight back to Uk next day!!!
Now that must be the shortest stay in NZ for any migrant!
I was speechless when I heard what they did!
Wish I had thought of that! I would have saved a hell of a lot of money!
Mind you, would never have bought my darling fur child (dog) and my daughter was concieved in NZ, so I have to be thankful for that.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Its ok lexy, you get used to it on here!
I have broad shoulders and care not what folk think they know about me, coz in truth they know **** all about me.
All I can say is I post as I find about NZ.
If it upsets folk, it aint meant to upset. I just wished I had listened more though from migrants in the past about NZ and its negatives.
See I have one fault, I dont listen!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't really make judgements on people before you know them.
I was never bored in my 40+ yrs in Uk, so why am I bored here?
Because the place IS boring!
Glad you haven't been bored in the 2 years you been here...Yet!
Its a bit daft condemning a whole country as 'boring'......now that IS being judgemental!!!!!

How can an entire country be boring, when its the size and diversity of NZ? You want to get out a bit from your retirement village before you leave!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

hello dreamfish - where have you been? How's everything going (sorry to chat and hijack the thread!!!)

The 1 hour family must be a record! What a waste of time, money and emotion
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Wish I had thought of that! I would have saved a hell of a lot of money!
Mind you, would never have bought my darling fur child (dog) and my daughter was concieved in NZ, so I have to be thankful for that.
I was shocked I must say, the kids looked knackered when they arrived!
Their dad wanted to live in Oz but couldn't get PR for some reason (his skill wasn't recognised) so they decided to move to Nz , well you know the rest, then move to Oz after 3 yrs, (he had worked in OZ before) but once he saw NZ he just shook his head and said "no flaming way are we staying here for 3 yrs'
I thought he was joking but his trip back to AKl airport to book next available flight back to Uk told me he wasn't!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:29 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donnaf
hello dreamfish - where have you been? How's everything going (sorry to chat and hijack the thread!!!)

The 1 hour family must be a record! What a waste of time, money and emotion
heheh - i dont think the audience will be missing anything by hijackng this thread heheheh joooooooooooooooke!!!

doing ok thanks - just dont get the opportunity to post much these days,. very stressed!! how are you guys doing?
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Genesis
Its a bit daft condemning a whole country as 'boring'......now that IS being judgemental!!!!!

How can an entire country be boring, when its the size and diversity of NZ? You want to get out a bit from your retirement village before you leave!!!!
Been there done that and worn the T shirt thanks! Both islands several times over (just in case we miss a bit)
So, you see Mr Genesis, we have done all of NZ.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

And I would much rather judge a country that I have lived in than a person I have NEVER met.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Its ok lexy, you get used to it on here!
I have broad shoulders and care not what folk think they know about me, coz in truth they know **** all about me.
All I can say is I post as I find about NZ.
If it upsets folk, it aint meant to upset. I just wished I had listened more though from migrants in the past about NZ and its negatives.
See I have one fault, I dont listen!
I wish I had listened too. You would not believe the pms I have had from people too scared to say anything on this board as they fear getting attacked. I have also had a few aggressive pms as I dared to say anything negative oh and also one very public attack from a certain member in the UK about MY opinion on NZ. She/he felt the need to tell me that I was negative and that I might be putting people off coming to NZ !!! Then it went into a big slagging match, with me asking them not to do it in public but to pm me, which they didn't. It then resulted in one member losing all control and calling me names (very mature!) and then the mods came in and stopped it. One member said he was leaving due to it all and everyone got all upset about it, so I agreed to stop posting so he could come back. Then I thought, WTF!!! Why am I doing that??? so here I am. They will NOT push me out like that again.

Funny, I post on another country here and we have such a laugh, really funny people with no chips on their shoulders. UNLIKE some people on this site. They allow opinion and have respect for each other. No one is hounded off or called names like being in a play ground.

Happy posting now!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Been there done that and worn the T shirt thanks! Both islands several times over (just in case we miss a bit)
So, you see Mr Genesis, we have done all of NZ.
Bye bye then, lets hope you are not bored in the next place you hang your hat.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Bye bye then, lets hope you are not bored in the next place you hang your hat.
well NZ cant be all that exciting for you genesis, you seem to spend your time looking into a PC monitor!
I wont get bored in my next place Genesis, thanks for your concern.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

well NZ cant be all that exciting for you genesis, you seem to spend your time looking into a PC monitor!
I wont get bored in my next place Genesis, thanks for your concern.
Now, now, you are getting unpleasant you naughty Rascal, you!!

Off with you!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.