Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How many people are moving?

How many people are moving?

Old May 22nd 2007, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default How many people are moving?

just wondered...following on from the thread about Canada how many people are thinking of or ARE moving from NZ to somewhere else?

I won't be staying here and the top two places on my mind are Spain (Coz Ive lived there before) and Canada because hubby and I can get work fairly easy there, been before many times and love it! (Don't want to end up becoming a ping pong pom)

Just wondered out of interest that's all...
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many people are moving?

US!
We are moving to Australia, then possibly back to UK after a few years.
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Rascal,,,when you say retirement village I asume you mean NZ....Its so boring isnt it? I feel at 33 years old that I am old before my time! God help me if I have to stay here!
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Hi Rascal,,,when you say retirement village I asume you mean NZ....Its so boring isnt it? I feel at 33 years old that I am old before my time! God help me if I have to stay here!
Yes I mean NZ. we have just about exhausted everywhere in NZ that we can possibly do!
Its like being forced to sit and watch 'the sound of music' over and over and over again isn't it!
Except these hills here are not very much alive, probably died of boredom years ago.
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

That's why young Kiwi's travel and live overseas.
See the world ......the big adventure.
Then come home to have their babies.

After experiencing lifestyles around the world, they know NZ is a great place to raise a family and want their kids to have the same carefree childhood they knew.

Kip
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
Yes I mean NZ. we have just about exhausted everywhere in NZ that we can possibly do!
Its like being forced to sit and watch 'the sound of music' over and over and over again isn't it!
Except these hills here are not very much alive, probably died of boredom years ago.

Boredom is very much a state of mind. Not so much to do with where you are in the world. I demand MUCH from life yet I am very happy in allegedly the most boring place in the Southern Hemisphere!!! I make it work for me and I look at all the positive things about my environs. It ain't perfect but it gets close!!!! Kate and my three kids are equally happy here too. After 2 years we are still finding new stuff to do and we have not even been to the South yet..or most of the north come to think of it.

To say that NZ is boring is a ridiculous saying that the UK is washed up and no good. Horses for courses.

Of course NZ does not have the same potential as the UK from point of view that europe is on her doorstep..but NZ has many positive fine things about it that you cannot get living in the UK. Perchance you are bored rather than the country boring aye? I don't think people would schlep all the way here if it was so boring.
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

erm.....I think the subject was "How many people are moving"

NOT "Is NZ boring?"

But thanks for your opinion!
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:43 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Well go then! I was 33 when I went off travelling and never made it back to the UK.

Boring people, get bored.
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:44 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry did not mean that to sound harsh!
Old May 23rd 2007, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

just wondered...following on from the thread about Canada how many people are thinking of or ARE moving from NZ to somewhere else?

I won't be staying here and the top two places on my mind are Spain (Coz Ive lived there before) and Canada because hubby and I can get work fairly easy there, been before many times and love it! (Don't want to end up becoming a ping pong pom)

Just wondered out of interest that's all...
We'll be moving, probably early next year. That is me and my boyfriend.
We're going back to the US to be near my family. He is only too happy and eager to leave NZ. He is NZ born and bred (South Island) by the way.
There are many reasons, but that's another thread entirely! For now, our top reason is we do not want to raise children in NZ. Also, he finds NZ stifling and boring and loves the wilderness and wildlife you can experience in North America.
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:10 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
the most boring place in the Southern Hemisphere
...And the award goes to....PERTH
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:40 am
Just Joined

wimsy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving back to the uk very soon!!! CANT WAIT!!!!
NZ is very boring, I shall agree with that one! How come on a really nice day when the sun is shining all the kiwis are...shopping at the malls???
And as for the kiwi's being friendly...dont get me started on that!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wimsy
We are moving back to the uk very soon!!! CANT WAIT!!!!
NZ is very boring, I shall agree with that one! How come on a really nice day when the sun is shining all the kiwis are...shopping at the malls???
And as for the kiwi's being friendly...dont get me started on that!!!!!

And on a beautiful day in the UK.......... ALL the shopping malls are totally empty, because everyone is taking in the history or popping over to Tuscany for the day, perchance they have gone to the beach..or just enjoying the traffic and general crowds?

If you are going to get critical about NZ...do it with some sense, aye???? Talk about the 'P' problem, boy racers, isolation, domestic violence, leaky, cold homes, expensive houses in relation to pay, etc, etc..but boring and unfriendly??? You reap what you sow matey!!! In 2 years never been bored and methinks the average Kiwi is rather friendly..maybe I put more effort in?

Enjoy.
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Genesis
And on a beautiful day in the UK.......... ALL the shopping malls are totally empty, because everyone is taking in the history or popping over to Tuscany for the day, perchance they have gone to the beach..or just enjoying the traffic and general crowds?

If you are going to get critical about NZ...do it with some sense, aye???? Talk about the 'P' problem, boy racers, isolation, domestic violence, leaky, cold homes, expensive houses in relation to pay, etc, etc..but boring and unfriendly??? You reap what you sow matey!!! In 2 years never been bored and methinks the average Kiwi is rather friendly..maybe I put more effort in?

Enjoy.
You shouldn't really make judgements on people before you know them.
I was never bored in my 40+ yrs in Uk, so why am I bored here?
Because the place IS boring!
Glad you haven't been bored in the 2 years you been here...Yet!
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

erm.....I think the subject was "How many people are moving"

NOT "Is NZ boring?"

But thanks for your opinion!
You were the first one to bring up boring - you can't really comment on other people who then use it in their replies to the question.

To answer your question - not us although someone we know has literally just packed everything up, put their house on the market nd gone because they miss fmily so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.