Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Mar 18th 2007, 10:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know how copyright works ?

Originally Posted by Campbells
Just a thought !

Anyone know how copyrights work in NZ with regards to images posted such as these. Would be interested if anyone knows........

Thanks and have a great Monday
Good question actually - I really should put a copyright message on our website I suppose.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:19 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

Here's a few snaps taken this evening - I went to Plimmerton to pick Melanie up from school (teacher training).
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc04315.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc04328.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc04323.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc04332.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc04335.jpg  

Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:53 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone know how copyright works ?

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Good question actually - I really should put a copyright message on our website I suppose.
I spoke to someone who gives advice on on-line & music copyright issues and he explained that the copyright automatically remains with the person who took the photograph unless otherwise stated. For example if you agreed to waiver the copyrights by uploading your images etc to a particular site where you have agreed that by uploading your material to their site you no longer retain your rights etc over that particular content. In such cases the site owners must clearly state that this is the agreement you are entering into before hand.

In the case of someone downloading the content from here and using it for some form of gain would be deemed theft in NZ law.

I hope that my explanation makes sense, been a long day and its Monday !

Cheers
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:58 am
Happy in Wellington

Good news
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:15 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

A few more pix......

1. Clouds over Orewa beach ( B & W)
2. Sun through the clouds – Coromandel
3. A kid’s birthday party – the Kiwi way.

This was really different as the family live on a lifestyle and as you can see the activities were outdoors. The kids loved it and got totally covered in mud and I did notice a couple of parents not too happy when they came to pick their nippers up.

Can’t please everyone. I thought it was great to see the kids playing outside and interacting without a screen in front of them.

You can see some of the kids have wellies on and some are barefoot. What I saw of it was that the kids had a great time and come on - look at the backdrop !

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-copy-picture-001.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picte-038.jpg   The Great New Zealand picture thread-picture-038.jpg  
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pictures on here as usual... I always enjoy looking at this thread... thanks everyone!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Here's a few snaps taken this evening - I went to Plimmerton to pick Melanie up from school (teacher training).
Nice one with the houses in the background.

This thread has really awakened my awareness that I need to see more of these awesome places in this country we live in. Really enthused about seeing the dolphins & whales. Had a look at your video Rob of the dolphins & that must be such an experince let alone go crazy with the camera.

It has also motivated me to do more photography and I must learn how to do panoramas ( I have a decent tripod) as the few that are on this thread are just great.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
This thread has really awakened my awareness that I need to see more of these awesome places in this country we live in. Really enthused about seeing the dolphins & whales. Had a look at your video Rob of the dolphins & that must be such an experince let alone go crazy with the camera.
Me too.... the furthest Ive been away from Auckland is Rotorua and Ive been here 2 years in June!! We were just talking about this yesterday, that we really need to start getting away a bit more.... its just hard at the moment with a newborn. Ive just started to take videos on my new camera for my mum... I sent her 2 DVDs today. That way I dont feel quite so guilty that Ive taken her only grandchildren away from her. I also take loads of pictures for them and send them webshots links every week.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:30 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Campbells, dolphins in the water are amazing! We're lucky enough to see them most times we go out on the boat - not every time - but a lot.
Last September we had just been diving and surfaced, we were in a smallish sheltered cove. Our friend on the boat said we'd just missed a pod of dolphins - anyway we decided to stay in for a snorkel and about 2 minutes later the pod came back! We actually swam with them for about 2 hours. Close enough to touch and jumping out of the water and doing that thing where they sort of swim backwards vertically and stuff. Of course I have not one picture of this cos we were too blown away by the whole thing! But it was one of the best things I have ever done in my life. There is something magical about seeing them in the wild like that. Can't say I ever saw that diving off of Oban!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:08 pm
Happy in Wellington

Just seeing the dolphins from the whale watch boat was amazing - I felt all emotional watching them and had tears in my eyes (I'm turing soft in my old age I think)

We're going to Kaikoura again in December when my mate comes to visit and definitely doing a swim with dolphins.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:13 pm
Happy in Wellington

I know this will mess up the page formatting but here's some more panoramas:

Mount Ruapehu

Taupo

Rotorua

The public park in Rotorua

Wellington Harbour

Last edited by RobClubley; Mar 19th 2007 at 9:30 pm. Reason: Duplicate
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:15 pm
Happy in Wellington

Somewhere in the Wairapa (my mate took these two)

Petone from Wainuiomata (sp?) Hill

Craters of the moon near Taupo

Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:18 pm
Happy in Wellington

Orakei Korako Geyserland (Hidden Valley) between Taupo and Rotorua

Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:21 pm
Happy in Wellington

Queen Charlotte Sound

Sunset at Kaikoura

Kaikoura

Mount Cook and friends taken near Fox

The Mirror Lake
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:22 pm
Happy in Wellington

Not sure where this was - one of our rest stops.

Queenstown valley

Kaikoura again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.