Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

dreaming of england

dreaming of england

Old Dec 7th 2005, 6:26 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dreaming of england

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Primary education, what on earth has that got to do with our discussion, are you trained in some other type of education and if so do you not think it odd to mention primary education on this particular thread?

How bizarre!

So………….I ask again……………when do you want your lift?

This bit is not for turkeytickler (I still think that is a cool name) as I dread to think what turkeytickler would make of it or concoct some peculiar alternative meaning…………….strange as it may seem and despite all the postings from disaffected posters of how dreadful NZ is, not one person has taken up the offer of a free lift to the airport.
I already said I'll get back to you in a years time!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:30 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
I suppose the difference between you and me is that i am "whinging" about real issues, whereas you are "whinging" about other peoples opinions.
I tried not to be a whinger too, i found the locals were better than i was, but not in their eyes i guess. But what i want to know is why don't you listen to what is being said. I did with relatives from Canada about how crap the UK was compared to their land. So i have been to Canada a fair few times and i can see where the are comming from. And i would say the UK has changed a hell of a lot for the better but it needs more work. I loved it in NZ and evemn though i am in a really bad finacial postion because of it i DON'T regret going, far from it. I miss NZ a lot (CHCH) and hope to go back some day, but only if i can afford to. Anyway here is a link that takes the "P**S out of us all. ADULT THEME STYLE, cartoon but real funny. Made me laught at us all, hope you enjoy it, and lets all be friendly.

http://www.cards-n-toons.com/preview...=Yes&id=307240
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:47 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Lenmil
I tried not to be a whinger too, i found the locals were better than i was, but not in their eyes i guess. But what i want to know is why don't you listen to what is being said. I did with relatives from Canada about how crap the UK was compared to their land. So i have been to Canada a fair few times and i can see where the are comming from. And i would say the UK has changed a hell of a lot for the better but it needs more work. I loved it in NZ and evemn though i am in a really bad finacial postion because of it i DON'T regret going, far from it. I miss NZ a lot (CHCH) and hope to go back some day, but only if i can afford to. Anyway here is a link that takes the "P**S out of us all. ADULT THEME STYLE, cartoon but real funny. Made me laught at us all, hope you enjoy it, and lets all be friendly.

http://www.cards-n-toons.com/preview...=Yes&id=307240
im not sure i follow what you are saying....

Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

ok - just to conclude this farcical conversation. No thank you i dont want a lift I will be leaving from Christchurch but it was a very very kind offer mr nice guy thanks very much for asking all the same and if i need any help from you in the future i will be sure to ask for example if i find myself in auckland any time around the same time you are in your car and have a spare seat and i need to get to the supermarket for example i will be sure to ask..

this might help.. http://www.carshare.co.nz/

Glad to see you have made the unilateral decision to end this discussion.

As it appears that you are very unhappy with your lot in Christchurch I would hope to see in the very near future a posting from your good self to the effect that you are leaving/left the country.

Do you have any specific date to leave?

The reason I ask is that I reckon I could wind up my affairs in NZ and inclusive of my period of employment notice be out within a maximum of 4 weeks and a minimum of 2 weeks, using sick leave.

For those of you that have expressed the desire/want/need to leave NZ, the forum is probably aware of your reasons but what are your timescales?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 7:52 pm
turkeytickler

Glad to see you have made the unilateral decision to end this discussion.

As it appears that you are very unhappy with your lot in Christchurch I would hope to see in the very near future a posting from your good self to the effect that you are leaving/left the country.

Do you have any specific date to leave?

The reason I ask is that I reckon I could wind up my affairs in NZ and inclusive of my period of employment notice be out within a maximum of 4 weeks and a minimum of 2 weeks, using sick leave.

For those of you that have expressed the desire/want/need to leave NZ, the forum is probably aware of your reasons but what are your timescales?
Did you not get any takers on the carshare website then?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you not get any takers on the carshare website then?
Did not look, no need to, I thought that my post would let loose a plethora of people stating when they want to leave, after all several have made it very plain that they dislike NZ.

I have set the benchmark of 4 weeks to get my affairs resolved in NZ and that includes, marketing/selling my house, packing and shipping house hold contents back to the UK, getting accommodation arranged at the other end, winding up mortgages, bank accounts etc, resignation form my current job, saying goodbye to all my excellent Kiwi friends, flights out and anything else that I may have missed.

So the question still remains, not about car sharing, but what are the timescales for people to leave?

Simple question requires a simple answer.

So what are your timescales?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:32 pm
turkeytickler

Did not look, no need to, I thought that my post would let loose a plethora of people stating when they want to leave, after all several have made it very plain that they dislike NZ.

I have set the benchmark of 4 weeks to get my affairs resolved in NZ and that includes, marketing/selling my house, packing and shipping house hold contents back to the UK, getting accommodation arranged at the other end, winding up mortgages, bank accounts etc, resignation form my current job, saying goodbye to all my excellent Kiwi friends, flights out and anything else that I may have missed.

So the question still remains, not about car sharing, but what are the timescales for people to leave?

Simple question requires a simple answer.

So what are your timescales?
That will be friday 6th january then? Do you need a lift to the airport?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

That will be friday 6th january then? Do you need a lift to the airport?
Avoiding the question?

I am very happy and I am not leaving, you have made it very clear that you and others are not happy living in NZ.

I ask again, what are your timescales for leaving NZ?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

like turkeytickler said, i will also be flying out from christchurch. maybe not many people have taken up your very kind offer because a) believe it or not, we dont all live in auckland or the north island for that matter, b) no one can afford to buy airline tickets yet because it takes you a good 2 years to save up for a decent packet of crisps from an english shop let alone travel and c) its summer.... who wants to leave this warmth at the moment?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
turkeytickler

Avoiding the question?

I am very happy and I am not leaving, you have made it very clear that you and others are not happy living in NZ.

I ask again, what are your timescales for leaving NZ?
frankly, none of your business.

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Incredible………both of you have avoided or completely dismissed the question.

Strange that you both are very vocal about a country that you have taken a dislike to and yet you both will not give a commitment to leaving this wonderful country.

Enough said from the pair of you.

Any others that are unhappy who wish to make a contribution, the bench mark still stands at 4 weeks.

Last edited by Nice Guy; Dec 8th 2005 at 9:58 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

tottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant future

I must say it seems a tad hypocritical to label Kiwis as ignorant given some of the rubbish that people post on this forum!!!!!!!!!

Every country has its fair share of ars****** so why should NZ be any different?

tottefan
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:08 pm
turkeytickler

Incredible………both of you have avoided or completely dismissed the question.

Strange that you both are very vocal about a country that you have taken a dislike to and yet you both will not give a commitment to leaving this wonderful country.

Enough said from the pair of you.

Any others that are unhappy who wish to make a contribution, the bench mark still stands at 4 weeks.
im not going to answer the question because it is a matter between myself and my wife for the time being and absolutely no business of yours.

I suspect I can beat your 4 weeks benchmark pretty easily however.

Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

I suspect I can beat your 4 weeks benchmark pretty easily however.
Why don't you? As you have stated you dislike NZ with a passion, so stop avoiding the question.

Ever heard the expression "all mouth and no trousers"?

Not very often I do this but.............yawn.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:00 pm
turkeytickler

Why don't you? As you have stated you dislike NZ with a passion, so stop avoiding the question.

Ever heard the expression "all mouth and no trousers"?

Not very often I do this but.............yawn.
Im not why you think that you are entitled to know my personal business, but your own existence must be very dull if you have to live vicariously through others.

yawn indeed.... your tedious pentantic little game is boring for me and others please just shut up or move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.