Coronavirus

Old May 1st 2021, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Apparently theyre hoping to vaccinate roughly 4 million people by the end of this year. So roughly the graph shows that these will mostly be in the 2nd half of the year.
Old Jun 10th 2021, 11:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Mr BEVS age 61 was offered his first jab yesterday. Unfortunately he wasn't paying attention to his phone txts. I expect now it may be within a week or so.
It will be at the same dedicated centre down in Nelson.
Old Jun 10th 2021, 11:36 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I work in an aged care facility and have had both of my jabs. Another 1 million doses arriving in July so roll out will pick up over the next few weeks
Old Jun 11th 2021, 12:56 am
`

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
I work in an aged care facility and have had both of my jabs. Another 1 million doses arriving in July so roll out will pick up over the next few weeks
Yes. My pal up the road works in the kitchens of a care facility. She has had both jabs .

Rollout seems to be going as planned with hopefully not much wastage.

Old Jun 11th 2021, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

It took my wife (a nurse) three attempts to get an appointment that she had been sent notification of. She called to check and the appointment didn't exist. This happened again a couple of weeks later with the supposedly rescheduled appointment and was finally done a week later at the third attempt.
A few weeks later she called to check her appointment for the second jab, only to be told she hadn't received the first one yet. There was no record, despite her giving all the details that were on the cheap, 5 cent, scrap of card that's supposed to be official proof of vaccination. So yep, the rollout is going exactly as expected
Old Jun 12th 2021, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I was jabbed a little while back, my gp does it there, i had to have astra zenica as I'm 53, so not ,much choice in Oz. I'm ok so far!
It's 12 weeks between first and second dose, I have my second dose before I come back to Chch on 7th September.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 10:57 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Going OK so far, slower than some but faster than others, looking forward to the ramp-up from August.

I do note that vaccine deliveries will need to pick up next month to remain on plan or we'll face a shortfall but I understand that Pfizer are going to make sure we don't face that scenario:

Edit to add: I see three important landmarks coming up.
- 1. Getting to the 50% mark is the first important measure. As the UK has shown once you reach that level cases substantially diverge from deaths as the most vulnerable have been covered. This gives us the leeway to not need to lockdown for individual events.
- 2. Getting to the 70% target that Dr. Bloomfield and our epidemiologists believe to be the threshold level to prevent large outbreaks in the general population.
- 3. Last call, everyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to have one so that we can begin the process of normalising border procedures.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jun 13th 2021 at 11:11 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Its taken a long battle for my wife and the family she works for to finally be approved to get their covid injections. She's having her first one this weekend.

According to some, parents or workers with children that are at high risk (disability/serious illness) are not seen as a high priority.

Old Jun 14th 2021, 11:03 pm
`

Seems different DHB's have differing approaches & management plans . It's quite regimental in a way up here. I know many folks that have had jabs now.

MrBEVS ( age 61) received a txt first thing this morning and has now been given his first jab and the appt for his 2nd one. All happens at the dedicated co-ordination centre down in Nelson.

Aged care facility over Motueka way have all been jabbed too. Staff and residents.

Old Jul 4th 2021, 10:09 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I am working for St John on the Covid Vaccination Helpline, booking peoples appt. The information on who get vaccines first are through Government guidelines like the aged care homes, border employees etc but the overall population will get their notifications on data held by their GP's. So I would advise everyone to make sure that your GP has your up to date mobile number.
The timeline between 1st vax and 2nd vax is at least 21 days, there is no cut off date after the 21 days that the 2nd vax has to be given.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 6:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to see Australia drop it's elimination strategy, lockdown fatigue seems to be setting in.

The Indian Delta varient seems to have changed scientific consensus around possible outcomes, it appears that the Pfizer vaccine will still prevent over 92% of hospitalisations but it's likely that Coronavirus will just become an endemic virus in the human population rather than ever be eliminated. As the UK and Israel show however it makes little practical difference to reopening. With the vaccine rollout on-track for completion this year hopefully we're back to normal soon, I'd love to see the family in Europistan again after nearly two years of this.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jul 6th 2021 at 6:57 am.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Vaccine roll out should include the whole population, not adults only.
Pools of children hosting mutating variants (and getting long Covid) is not the best of strategies (according to most scientists who are expressing an opinion).
UK is still a long way away from full vaccination; under 40s are still waiting for their second (crucial) jab.
As far as I know they aren't vaccinating school age kids, and schools are hotbeds of all kinds of infections.
Ask any parent about the new infections which run through the schools after the kids have been away on holiday.

Not impressed with the change in Health Secretary to someone centered on finance and the interests of Tory donors.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 4:30 am
`

MrBEVS has now had his 2nd jab. He said the place was heaving.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 7:25 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by BEVS
MrBEVS has now had his 2nd jab. He said the place was heaving.
Good, as it should be. A long way to go yet.

It appears MIQ requirements may be removed for the vaccinated at the end of the year which will be a very welcome development for many with family abroad, who travel for work or work in tourism:
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018803007/govt-looking-at-changes-to-covid-19-border-limits-for-vaccinated-travellers

Edit: Updated to RNZ page which contains more information.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jul 8th 2021 at 7:29 am.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 11:11 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

I saw that article today about the mass vaccination centre in Auckland struggling to find people to vaccinate, it said that less than 25% of people took it up but I wonder if that's just confusion about eligibility? If someone sent me an e-mail about Covid-19 vaccinations I probably wouldn't read it either because I've not in a target age demographic.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jul 26th 2021 at 11:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.