Coronavirus

Old Apr 17th 2021, 3:34 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

I've been hearing many news reports of this new wave more deadly P1 Covid-19 sweeping Brazil, including reputable news sources. The only problem is the data sources seem to suggest not:

Old Apr 17th 2021, 4:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My 2nd jab is actually not at the hospital , nor at any medical practice/chemist. It is at what I thought to be a quite large empty premises down in Nelson.

My concern is not at the speed of the rollout. That has been well charted for some time & does seem to be going according to the public health plan as advised, devised and implemented by the assorted civil service execs. It is the impact of open the borders with Oz before the majority of the population is vaccinated. Mind you , I remain grateful that this govt listened to the public helth people and did go hard and fast with the border closures. With the other lot it would have now been a whole other different story on the virus front.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Pure speculation.
It took a month to act. when the numbers were climbing in NZ we got nothing but token gestures. Country's all over the world were already leading the way and going into lockdown, it was acknowledged as the right thing to do yet we were still allowing travelers from all but a few countries go come to NZ as long as they said they would self isolate, which was unmetered. Finally things changed but returning kiwis were still allowed to come back from just about anywhere. Meanwhile almost everyone was demanding complete border closure, even the National party, but the calls were ignored until they couldn't be anymore. At which point it was time to step up and take all the credit.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 9:40 am
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
Pure speculation.
It took a month to act. when the numbers were climbing in NZ we got nothing but token gestures. Country's all over the world were already leading the way and going into lockdown, it was acknowledged as the right thing to do yet we were still allowing travelers from all but a few countries go come to NZ as long as they said they would self isolate, which was unmetered. Finally things changed but returning kiwis were still allowed to come back from just about anywhere. Meanwhile almost everyone was demanding complete border closure, even the National party, but the calls were ignored until they couldn't be anymore. At which point it was time to step up and take all the credit.
Utter rubbish.
Old Apr 18th 2021, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at November for a week if things go well to sort things out.

Looking at ,moving back in late January/early February, which will be nearly 2 years away after being locked in Oz.

I've been fortunate, been able to work, spent time with adult daughters and will be an enrolled nurse by then.

i don't do things by halves!

Supposed to havr the Astra zenica vaccine soon, feeling nervous although they said it's safe for over 50's..
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 3:01 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Pure speculation.
Thats garbage to be honest, when this started there were 500,000 international arrivals at Auckland Airport per month, unless you had a plan (and you have had a year to think one up with hindsight), to cater for managed isolation of those numbers <quickly> then you need to take a reality check. Oh and check the Bill of Rights regarding who "cannot be denied" entry to New Zealand (I have), then explain under what legislation residents and citizens would be denied. New Zealand was amongst the first to restrict and close borders and among the first to go hard with an effective lockdown. Many countries <still> wish they could have had a lockdown with even anywhere near the compliance and effectiveness of ours.

I have family on the Isle of Man, 1% of our population, an easily closed border, but they have had nearly the same fatalities and 3 days out of their last lockdown, cases in the community again...
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 5:40 am
`

Received my 2nd Pfizer jab today. Was done in a dedicated job centre that has been set up down in town. Same building as is used for disaster/large event management HQ according to MrBEVS.

All very smooth, quick and efficient. A busy steady stream of people filing through. Some were 1st jabs and some like me were 2nd jab old hands. You are given a little card to carry with you and it is advised to keep it as per a driving license or a passport extra. Fine by me.

I should perhaps add that I have no underlying conditions other than being a bit eccentric ; am neither a front line or essential worker. My age places me in Group 3.

A pal that is an essential worker recd her 1st jab two days ago at the place of work as did the patients/residents.

Per MrBEVS , our Nelson/Tasman DHB Emergency Manager who would have certainly been co-ordinating this is made of quality stern no nonsense stuff , really knows what he's about and takes no prisoners. Not surprised given he is ex military and also an ex chemical weapons inspector.

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Received my 2nd Pfizer jab today. Was done in a dedicated job centre that has been set up down in town. Same building as is used for disaster/large event management HQ according to MrBEVS.

All very smooth, quick and efficient. A busy steady stream of people filing through. Some were 1st jabs and some like me were 2nd jab old hands. You are given a little card to carry with you and it is advised to keep it as per a driving license or a passport extra. Fine by me.

I should perhaps add that I have no underlying conditions other than being a bit eccentric ; am neither a front line or essential worker. My age places me in Group 3.

A pal that is an essential worker recd her 1st jab two days ago at the place of work as did the patients/residents.

Per MrBEVS , our Nelson/Tasman DHB Emergency Manager who would have certainly been co-ordinating this is made of quality stern no nonsense stuff , really knows what he's about and takes no prisoners. Not surprised given he is ex military and also an ex chemical weapons inspector.

Great stuff Bevs!

My first appointment is on Sunday...
Old Apr 24th 2021, 11:39 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I should perhaps add that I have no underlying conditions other than being a bit eccentric...
You do also have that fondness for making understatements.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Received my 2nd Pfizer jab today.
Do you feel okay? Did you have any side effects? I hear that quite a lot of people feel a bit under the weather after the second dose.
Old Apr 28th 2021, 4:21 am
`

Originally Posted by Charismatic
You do also have that fondness for making understatements.

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Do you feel okay? Did you have any side effects? I hear that quite a lot of people feel a bit under the weather after the second dose.
Oops. Forgots to report on my exalted status.

I had the usual sore arm for around 24 hours. Admit to feeling spaced out and incredibly weary for maybe 24/36 hours. Heavy limbs and the like. That come on really soon after the jab.
Did not take to the bed and did not need a geriatric snooze. No headache or anything like that. Just slobbed out and had husband fetch a stonking big roast for Coast Roast house.
Had there been a need to do some work and toil of some sort I could have managed that but the slobs , book and take-away was far better.

Old Apr 28th 2021, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Had there been a need to do some work and toil of some sort I could have managed that but the slobs , book and take-away was far better.
Sounds like a perfect excuse for a good old slob around - I quite like the sound of that and looking forward to it being my turn for a day on the sofa .
Old Apr 30th 2021, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're still high up there BEVS, now one in 1/4 Million.

Lets hope they can get their A into G now and get on with the other 4.667m that are on the waiting list.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Apr 30th 2021 at 9:40 am.
Old Apr 30th 2021, 11:30 am
Truth is the safest lie.

The population of New Zealand is 5,112,300 which means it needs to distribute 10,224,600 jabs. Total doses administered is 232,588 or 2.3% of the total shots that need to be delivered.

One good thing though is that the vaccine availability isn't the bottleneck.
Old May 1st 2021, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Under 16's aren't getting it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.