Coronavirus

Old Jul 31st 2021, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Justcol
Closing out the rest of the world for over a year isn't lucky.
We could be being a lot luckier if the govt had got it's shit together and not completely mismanaged the vaccine roll out
I agree, same here in Oz..
Old Jul 31st 2021, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Both Aus and NZ did a smart thing by quickly closing their borders , but didnt think about getting their people vaccinated as fast as possible; illogical. Israel and Chile went out of their way to get everyone jabbed, and Chile has now reached the goal of 80% with both jabs, and a 2 % positivity rate.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 9:34 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

The reality was we got our order in with BioNTech/Pfizer later than most other countries. We had been committed to the Johnson &Johnson vaccine but that was slower in getting to production and the initial clinical results showed a lower level of efficacy for that vaccine. Also, because New Zealand hadn't provided initial funding to any research program, we where just rated as a normal customer.

We deserved the outcome we got, as an OECD country we should have fronted money to develop a vaccine. The only good thing is that at least the Johnson&Johnson vaccines we purchased can be distributed to countries in need. A lot of countries criticised Canada, UK, US etc. for putting in colossal orders but what they failed to appreciate was by doing that the wealthy countries where paying to make sure producers would scale ASAP. If you at what happened in the EU they ordered only a small number of BioNTech/Pfizer vaccines initially, despite being a German research effort, so production volume was prioritised in the UK instead. Then Pfizer had to scramble when the EU asked to buy more.

The advantage OECD countries have is money to throw at problems like scientific research and production scaling.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 10:00 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
The reality was we got our order in with BioNTech/Pfizer later than most other countries. We had been committed to the Johnson &Johnson vaccine but that was slower in getting to production and the initial clinical results showed a lower level of efficacy for that vaccine. Also, because New Zealand hadn't provided initial funding to any research program, we where just rated as a normal customer.

We deserved the outcome we got, as an OECD country we should have fronted money to develop a vaccine. The only good thing is that at least the Johnson&Johnson vaccines we purchased can be distributed to countries in need. A lot of countries criticised Canada, UK, US etc. for putting in colossal orders but what they failed to appreciate was by doing that the wealthy countries where paying to make sure producers would scale ASAP. If you at what happened in the EU they ordered only a small number of BioNTech/Pfizer vaccines initially, despite being a German research effort, so production volume was prioritised in the UK instead. Then Pfizer had to scramble when the EU asked to buy more.

The advantage OECD countries have is money to throw at problems like scientific research and production scaling.
Wasn't our initial Canadian Phizer purchase ordered but delayed? Iirc when it was most important there was a setback from the supplier.
Old Aug 1st 2021, 5:22 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I am perfectly happy with how the government have handled the vaccine roll out. We have never had bad outbreaks of covid in the community, it hasn't claimed many lives, hasn't overwhelmed our health system and our day to day lives (thankfully) haven't changed much in the last 15 months. Therefore it's a sensible choice to not pay more for vaccines for a country that hasn't been bought to it's knees by covid. It just sounds a bit pathetic watching countries all over the world being destroyed by this virus and yet some people here are throwing toys out because we can't come and go as we please.
Old Aug 1st 2021, 8:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
I am perfectly happy with how the government have handled the vaccine roll out. We have never had bad outbreaks of covid in the community, it hasn't claimed many lives, hasn't overwhelmed our health system and our day to day lives (thankfully) haven't changed much in the last 15 months. Therefore it's a sensible choice to not pay more for vaccines for a country that hasn't been bought to it's knees by covid. It just sounds a bit pathetic watching countries all over the world being destroyed by this virus and yet some people here are throwing toys out because we can't come and go as we please.
Well good for you !!! Some of us have been to hell and back in the past 16 months or so.
Thankfully, because I know how health systems work, I have managed to get both jabs by pushing. If I hadn't, I still wouldn't have had any invitation under Group 3 to go and get vaccinated. I know this because other friends and my husband, all in Group 3 haven't had any texts or emails either as yet. I have told them to push and also booked my husband in myself.
One shouldn't have to push. As I used to see in practice as a midwife here, the various systems between GP's, hospitals, labs etc. isn't joined up here. If the NHS can do it, then NZ should be able to also. Thank goodness the DHB's are to be got rid of.
Thankfully I am going home soon and will be able to see my elderly father, be able to farewell my mum and sister-in-law properly at last and just find a bit of peace.

We don't know if the current situation will hold and if not then the population here are sitting ducks. This virus is here to stay, so we can't shut the world out forever. NZ could have done much better if it had got it's act together re:vaccination sooner. We could've had far more people trained to give the vaccination for a start but no, the powers that be have made it far more difficult than it needed to be.
Old Aug 1st 2021, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Thankfully, because I know how health systems work, I have managed to get both jabs by pushing. If I hadn't, I still wouldn't have had any invitation under Group 3 to go and get vaccinated. I know this because other friends and my husband, all in Group 3 haven't had any texts or emails either as yet. I have told them to push and also booked my husband in myself.
One shouldn't have to push.
Just to rub salt into the wounds.
NZ's prison population will be vaccinated this week.
Speaks volumes for where Cindy's priorities lie
Maybe if your hubby joins the mongrel mob he might get vaccinated sooner
Don't forget to vote labour 👍

Last edited by Justcol; Aug 1st 2021 at 1:37 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2021, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get him signed up immediately. One of my closest friends is a big fan of Jacinda and even she has lost patience with the rollout.
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 3:00 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding was that the request for vaccines was made early but the delivery was pushed out by the supplier as we had no real cases and the countries that had ongoing infections needed them more urgently, which I am more than happy to have happen.
I have found that GP's are not informing their patients properly, I have also found that some people have not updated their information with their GP's and not moved GP"s when then move out of the area.
Only real advise is to keep check on when you are eligible.
Group 4 is being rolled out in stages;
Now 60 & over

Over 55 can book from 11 AUG
Over 45 can book mid -late Aug
Over 35 can book mid -ate Sept
Over 16 can book October.

and hey you never know you may get me on the end of the line

If you call the Covid booking Line 0800 28 29 26 they can set you up to get alerted when your group is eligible.

You never know you may get me on the end of the line
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 6:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

My last 15 months have been rather difficult also . No bed of roses and mostly thorns I suppose. Still, I am here to tell the tale and have to say I am thankful to have been in NZ during this pandemic time. It has kept me safe even if it has meant that what I wanted to do and where I wanted to be has been lost to me probably forever. That's down to the pandemic, the UK govt utterly bodged approach & the ongoing chaos out there in the world. I'll survive.

As is known MrBEVS and I are fully vaccinated and I have been since the end of April. No need to push . Txt came through & I actioned pronto. Likely that is down to this DHB getting its act together . It has been incredibly pro-active in this. It does seem though that a couple of other DHB's have not been so efficient.

The rollout does seem to be happening as per the plan which is fine but for the opening and shutting of 'bubbles'. You open the border to and from somewhere, then you need to be able to have your populace vaccinated more quickly. You keep with the rollout plan , you keep the borders shut for those extra few months. No biggy. That is a lay person's opinion only .
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

But it is a biggy for all the businesses that are short of the thousands of tourists and millions of dollars they bring with them. How long and at what cost are they going to have to be bailed out at tax payers expense. There are entire towns down here that are like ghost towns. Having a vaccinated population would mean open borders and open for business. The rest of the planet is staring to move and we're stuck here with our thumbs up our butts, with half the population probably to terrified or to stupid to get a jab, which in itself will prevent borders opening, because you can bet your life comrade Ardern won't risk a single case incase it costs her a vote
Old Aug 2nd 2021, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

As of this morning fully vaccinated people can travel from the USA and EU into the UK without having to vaccinate. This is allowing families to be reunited, those who are sick are able to return for treatment, those with terminally ill friends or family are able make contact with loved ones to say goodbye. Its happening because despite all the flaws in their plan, the UK have pushed forward with it's vaccination program. You have to ask why do so many in NZ swallow the orchestrated media hype when a clown like Boris can push a country forward while Ardern continues to bury her head in the sand and preach to rest of us that everything is ok.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 3:15 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

But UK citizen cannot go to USA, the fact that UK is allowing US populace in with no quarantine is fool hardy at best, especially if they are from Florida.
Says a lot about Boris that he is prepared to be known as the PM that allowed hundreds of thousands of its nation die needlessly.
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

(deleted)

The only reason prison populations get vaccinated is because they are unavoidably in tight knit physical conditions and if there is an outbreak, they, and the higher age groups would be most at risk.

Last edited by jackinthetree; Aug 3rd 2021 at 4:34 am. Reason: understanding
Old Aug 3rd 2021, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
But UK citizen cannot go to USA, the fact that UK is allowing US populace in with no quarantine is fool hardy at best, especially if they are from Florida.
Says a lot about Boris that he is prepared to be known as the PM that allowed hundreds of thousands of its nation die needlessly.
This is has been on the news very frequently. It has been confirmed he has said things like 'I don't care how many people die.' The guy's a monster - how do these people always get into office?

And Canada isn't allowed in even though it has one of the highest vaccination rates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.