Coronavirus

Old Mar 11th 2020, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Justcol
yes we have. We are waiting until April to make a final decision on our May plans, but realistically, it's not going to happen. We are looking at later in the year but part of the holiday was a family reunion with my boys and brother and coordinating that with time off together is very difficult.
We are currently considering Japan in October, if things have improved, or planning the whole Italy thing again for next year.
It's annoying but it can't be helped
I think Japan is not far off a lockdown aswell.
They are on about postponing the Olympics for 2 years.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone here really worried about elderly parents back home?
My dad is very vulnerable - 76, has Parkinsons and he weighs about 7 stone. Mum isn't much better at 75, stroke sufferer and asthmatic.
I know I've been a whinger on this forum, but this really hits home how bloody far I am and how impotent to help. Even if I could just hop on a plane I probably couldn't see them anyway.
Another level of worry.
And of course my two brothers are about as helpful as face masks...
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

hallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond reputehallie_day has a reputation beyond repute

Also off to Oz at Easter, a trip that was supposed to cheer me up to see my cousins who I haven't seen for years, and my friend who is in Oz from London for Easter.
But my cousin's husband had a heart lung transplant 3 years ago so I won't ne able to see them after travelling, and my friend is going to see her sister-in-law who is going through chemo so probably also won't travel.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hallie_day
Is anyone here really worried about elderly parents back home?
My dad is very vulnerable - 76, has Parkinsons and he weighs about 7 stone. Mum isn't much better at 75, stroke sufferer and asthmatic.
I know I've been a whinger on this forum, but this really hits home how bloody far I am and how impotent to help. Even if I could just hop on a plane I probably couldn't see them anyway.
Another level of worry.
And of course my two brothers are about as helpful as face masks...
Yes I am. My mum hasn't been well for years and I've been expecting her to succumb for the 13+ years we've been here. She's 84 and only leaves the house for hospital appointments. My dad is nearly 86 and is her main carer. Poor sod is knackered looking after her, she's not an easy woman! Her does go out to get bits and bobs from the shops and chemist. They have a carer come in once a day to get Mum washed and dressed and that's were she's most likely to pick something up from.
I feel guilty for not being there to help out, though there's a limit to what I could do. Both my parents are extremely stubborn. Both my brother's live on the east coast, the eldest is caring for his wife who is having palliative care for breast cancer, the other one visits intermittently but isn't very useful.

It is what it is, and I have reached a level of acceptance that there's a limit to what I can do. No point beating yourself up about the situation, it isn't going to change anything.
Chin up chuck x
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off to Oz tomorrow . I shall just take the same precautions that I always take on a plane. Wipe down all hard surfaces on my seat and tray table and hope for the best!
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I'm off to Oz tomorrow . I shall just take the same precautions that I always take on a plane. Wipe down all hard surfaces on my seat and tray table and hope for the best!
You can't do more than that VS. I hope you have a mega trip despite all the crap.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Brave woman. If your aircraft neighbours even so much as look at you and are breathing, I suggest wiping them down also or puff 'em with an aerosol sanitiser ....... if there is such a thing

Have a happy time over there.

Me and him are going for an overnighter to Collingwood as I have got a bit of cabin fever with not being able to get out at all. I'll be doing the same re the wiping of surfaces and the like once we reach the motel, mentals though that seems. Better to be safer than sorry.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You can't do more than that VS. I hope you have a mega trip despite all the crap.
Thanks love. I'm sure I shall have a lovely time catching up with my dear friend, her hubby and Sam the (female) dog. We shall have a good old gossip!
Old Mar 13th 2020, 6:07 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

More travel bans this weekend. Probably the US and a few European countries.

Soon the Chatham Islands will be the only holiday destination left. Your holiday snaps will all be "fushing" or you point at seals.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 10:00 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Well the sh1t has really hit the fan now. Can't get a refund, high reschedule costs. There's a possibility we might not make it back into NZ if travel restrictions change and the thought of possibly being quarantined means that we are looking to cancel our trip 😭
Old Mar 13th 2020, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

I'm having to cut short my holiday in NZ because I'm worried I'll be stuck here if America shuts it's boarders completely! (Already closed from Europe to America 🙄) and England shuts it's boarders. Problem is everything is changing so quickly I couldn't take the risk of leaving it till Tuesday when I was originally going home so going back today. Still I've had a great holiday so not all bad.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grant r
I'm having to cut short my holiday in NZ because I'm worried I'll be stuck here if America shuts it's boarders completely! (Already closed from Europe to America 🙄) and England shuts it's boarders. Problem is everything is changing so quickly I couldn't take the risk of leaving it till Tuesday when I was originally going home so going back today. Still I've had a great holiday so not all bad.
Oh that sucks a bit Grant but priorities hey!

I hope you enjoyed your reccie anyway, safe travels!
Old Mar 13th 2020, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your trip! I'm off there tomorrow (was meant to be Tuesday but I changed it) and I have to be there a month for training etc anyway so not too bothered.

Flights have been quite empty from what I've heard but I'll take the necessary precautions. I try to avoid being near people anyway...
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mishclark
Oh that sucks a bit Grant but priorities hey!

I hope you enjoyed your reccie anyway, safe travels!
Thanks, yes I've had a great time and the weather has been kind to me aswell.
Yes it sucks...... but it would suck more if I was stuck here for however long (work and money wise) so best to be safe than sorry.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grant r
Thanks, yes I've had a great time and the weather has been kind to me aswell.
Yes it sucks...... but it would suck more if I was stuck here for however long (work and money wise) so best to be safe than sorry.

Absolutely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.