Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can lorry drivers emigrate to NZ?

Can lorry drivers emigrate to NZ?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:24 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can lorry drivers emigrate to NZ?

Originally Posted by trukeruk
its not about money for me but things need to be worth while or a step up!the hole adventure thing is all good and what wld motivate me to come to nz.dont get me wrong .oh and sorry for my tex like writing peeps,didnt realise yr live was so sad that you need to make jokes about peoples lack of education??but still no 1 is perfect ,hey??????

O'h dear
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:04 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by trukeruk
oh and sorry for my tex like writing peeps,didnt realise yr live was so sad that you need to make jokes about peoples lack of education??but still no 1 is perfect ,hey?
I am going to have to call your bullshit there, mate. If you can spell realise and education I think you can spell common words like would, people and text.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KiwiDreamer
Hi folks, can I ask those in the know about HGV comparability of licences between the UK and NZ. I had an HGV 2 which was changed to C and CE. What would that equate to in NZ? As I'm approaching 45 years old (boohoo) I need a medical to maintain those catagories, should I pay the £85 the doctor wants here in the UK or have it done in NZ if necessary, is it necessary in NZ anyway?
to answer your question kiwidreamer you have to have a medical done to qualify to do you NZ class 5 licence.I had mine the other day $35 but i have heard of people paying up to $150.It is valid for 2 months so I must get my a*%e in gear and start looking at the highway code.I beleive its quite easy 35 multi questions on your normal highway code and 15 extra questions for trucks.anything else dont hesitate to pm me.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angpaul
You cannot compare the the £ to the NZ $ by straight exchange rate conversions.
As the cost of living here is the same or for some things more than the UK, I think a straight conversion is a useful thing to do, it will give you a good idea of how much you will have to tighten the purse strings
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

trukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by happynz
I am going to have to call your bullshit there, mate. If you can spell realise and education I think you can spell common words like would, people and text.
i think my point is that its really sad that it been pointed out and looked apon in such way.there are worse things happening in this world than my way of cutting time!but still thanks for any 1 who actually took the time to help rather than just being silly with dumb comments.(like what does it really matter how some 1 spells)it wasnt a diff launguage!or rude or offencive,what a sad life some peeps clearly live???:curse:
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:09 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

O'h FFS I was just having a little fun with you so don't take it so bloody personal. You can waffle all you like and people here will always be willing to help or advise but come on, text speak is so juvenile and no disrespect but you don't appear to be some 14 year old chav from Moss Side.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

TrukerUK.

If you wish to emigrate to NZ , you will find everyone here and I do mean everyone is very willing to be helpful and supportive.

there are worse things happening in this world than my way of cutting time
I doubt you saved that much time TBH.

For what it is worth, it actually doesn't matter how well someone can spell BUT it does make it very hard to read a post when it is full of txt speak.

If you want your posts read easily so you can gain helpful answers , then my advice would be to lose the txt language. That is unless you are of BE Youth Club age, in which case it may be fine, as they have a language all of their own. After all, what is the hurry. If you are going to make a post about something that could change your life , take a little time with it.

My husband is severely dyslexic. This means that he is unable to read and write in the same way that you are lucky enough to be able to. So you see , there are worse things than you wishing to 'cut time' & that is not having the ability to easily read or write at all.

Now then, perhaps after this false start & if you are willing, we can all start again with this.

Post away about coming to NZ as a trucker Perhaps start your own thread. There are several truckers using this board who will come along to help. Just no txt speak please.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

KiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angpaul
to answer your question kiwidreamer you have to have a medical done to qualify to do you NZ class 5 licence.I had mine the other day $35 but i have heard of people paying up to $150.It is valid for 2 months so I must get my a*%e in gear and start looking at the highway code.I beleive its quite easy 35 multi questions on your normal highway code and 15 extra questions for trucks.anything else dont hesitate to pm me.
Thanks for that information, much appreciated. I have just gone ahead and had my medical done here. I think my licence equates to a level 4 in NZ as I have a see 'note 102' against the little truck picture on my UK licence! Any idea what it would cost to have my licence upgraded to level 5 once I get to NZ? I asked about getting it done here, ie to full articulated and the cost for 3 days training was almost £1000.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Originally Posted by KiwiDreamer
Thanks for that information, much appreciated. I have just gone ahead and had my medical done here. I think my licence equates to a level 4 in NZ as I have a see 'note 102' against the little truck picture on my UK licence! Any idea what it would cost to have my licence upgraded to level 5 once I get to NZ? I asked about getting it done here, ie to full articulated and the cost for 3 days training was almost £1000.
Just asked Steve about this as he is an HGV instructor. You would be looking at £1,000 to £1,200 to get your class 1 UK. Good luck with it.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

KiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud of

Thanks Suzi, is that the cost in NZ?