Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can lorry drivers emigrate to NZ?

Can lorry drivers emigrate to NZ?

Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:36 am
Just Joined

KiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud ofKiwiDreamer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can lorry drivers emigrate to NZ?

Hi folks, can I ask those in the know about HGV comparability of licences between the UK and NZ. I had an HGV 2 which was changed to C and CE. What would that equate to in NZ? As I'm approaching 45 years old (boohoo) I need a medical to maintain those catagories, should I pay the £85 the doctor wants here in the UK or have it done in NZ if necessary, is it necessary in NZ anyway?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

trukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by angpaul
There is loads of work for truck drivers over here.In most cases they don't offer you a job until you are here thats because they have been let down so many times by UK drivers getting cold feet.We have 2 Scots driving for us who came on Holiday visas got the job once they were here and waited 3 weeks for work permit .As easy as that.What kind of work are you looking for and where.

wld be looking for wok in auckland area,what ever goes really for the type of work?im self employed here in uk and do realy well from it.wld not want over nite wrk tho just days and coming home at nite as wld be with g friend.whats the hourly rate in nz mate?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:25 am
Just Joined

trukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the roughtrukeruk is a jewel in the rough

hi,so if i came out to nz and got visa?how long does the visa last for??i see that bus driving is well paid as well,i have 10 years experience doing that as well,wld it help??
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:35 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by trukeruk
wld be looking for wok in auckland area,what ever goes really for the type of work?im self employed here in uk and do realy well from it.wld not want over nite wrk tho just days and coming home at nite as wld be with g friend.whats the hourly rate in nz mate?
Is there a problem with your keyboard
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:37 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by wimpy
Is there a problem with your keyboard
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:44 am
Just Joined

not that im aware of??
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:04 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Leprosy perhaps

Good luck with your search as we are going over in July under very similar circumstances.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

call me dumb but i really have no idea what your on about? my key board is fine and im not ill?guess im missing the joke some place.its seems the wages are no were near what i get here in the midlands so i doubt ill go over.i get £12 min per hour here,and only pay 22% tax.over 50,000 in nz u pay 33%and the wage only £7 p hour??not sure if im getting all wrong but if these things are the case and i can only come for 2 years then ill prob just stay put?
but good luck yr self , bobby
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

SidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really niceSidNZ is just really nice

Hi Trukeruk

Just thought that I would let you know that you are paying tax at the following rates:

0 - £2,230 10%
£2,231- £34,600 22%
Over £34,600 40%

Also the VAT equaivalent is only 12.5% rather 17.5%.

You might want to re-work your sums.

Sid
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

call me dumb but i really have no idea what your on about? my key board is fine and im not ill?guess im missing the joke some place.its seems the wages are no were near what i get here in the midlands so i doubt ill go over.i get £12 min per hour here,and only pay 22% tax.over 50,000 in nz u pay 33%and the wage only £7 p hour??not sure if im getting all wrong but if these things are the case and i can only come for 2 years then ill prob just stay put?
but good luck yr self , bobby
Just a quick note for any truckers wanting to come to NZ.If money is your motivation then my advice is stay in the UK.You cannot compare the the £ to the NZ $ by straight exchange rate conversions.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:18 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

call me dumb but i really have no idea what your on about? my key board is fine and im not ill...
I think he is referring to your use of SMS style writing. For example using wld instead of would, wrk for work and your for you're.

SMS style prose is a cancer. :curse:

There I go again, tilting at windmills.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

gimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the rough

I am moving to NZ on the 26th of this month on a 12 month visa and hope to get pr at some point until then just renew my visa each year.

Anyone on this forum who is nz have any ideas of what company's i should be speaking to, i have a class 2 uk which is class 4 nz licence i will look to get this upgraded as soon as i can.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gimley
I am moving to NZ on the 26th of this month on a 12 month visa and hope to get pr at some point until then just renew my visa each year.

Anyone on this forum who is nz have any ideas of what company's i should be speaking to, i have a class 2 uk which is class 4 nz licence i will look to get this upgraded as soon as i can.

Thanks in advance for the help.
NZ is quite a big place.Where in NZ will give people a better idea of who you need to talk to regards work.Most of the work I see is mainly truck and trailer ie class 5 but there is class 4 work available.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

gimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the rough

I will be in wellington till dec i have a rented flat till then.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by angpaul
Just a quick note for any truckers wanting to come to NZ.If money is your motivation then my advice is stay in the UK.You cannot compare the the £ to the NZ $ by straight exchange rate conversions.
its not about money for me but things need to be worth while or a step up!the hole adventure thing is all good and what wld motivate me to come to nz.dont get me wrong .oh and sorry for my tex like writing peeps,didnt realise yr live was so sad that you need to make jokes about peoples lack of education??but still no 1 is perfect ,hey??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.