Why do they bother?

Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Can't understand the us and them mentality on these forms. Some people come to Australia and like living here others come and dislike it. In both cases the country is the same, it is the people who are different. Those that are happy don't have a problem. Those who are unhappy tend to blame the country. This, in my opinion, is unfair. You are simply not compatable with the country and should therefore expend your energy on getting yourselves somewhere where you are. Why waste that energy slagging off the country and the people who are happy with it?
Old Nov 25th 2006, 9:39 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Can't understand the us and them mentality on these forms. Some people come to Australia and like living here others come and dislike it. In both cases the country is the same, it is the people who are different. Those that are happy don't have a problem. Those who are unhappy tend to blame the country. This, in my opinion, is unfair. You are simply not compatable with the country and should therefore expend your energy on getting yourselves somewhere where you are. Why waste that energy slagging off the country and the people who are happy with it?

Other than saying that I found Australia 'dull', which got me slaughtered on the Oz forum, I haven't attacked Australia... I get on fine with the Aussies, I have more problems with the Brits on this board who wade into you with an evangelical zeal if so much as deny that the streets are paved with gold.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:07 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busterboy
If you are advocating banning Vash for that teensy infringement, your chum 'creature' would have been banned ages ago for some of the insults that he has hurled at people.
vash was bleating on about some of the anti australian remarks he has had in the uk ,and yet he is no better himself .He as far as im concerned is a hypocrit and no more likes living among the english than i do amongst the australians ,except i say so he doesnt ,and the use of pom in the context he has wrote it is a racial sliur and thus should be banned or at least warned and if he isnt the whole site as far as im concerned is hypocritical
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

If you are advocating banning Vash for that teensy infringement, your chum 'creature' would have been banned ages ago for some of the insults that he has hurled at people.
And what are you implying with the word CHUM .Why dont you naff off back to the other forum with all the other sheep .We like to have decent objective threads about australia and the uk here .
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:15 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
And what are you implying with the word CHUM .Why dont you naff off back to the other forum with all the other sheep .We like to have decent objective threads about australia and the uk here .

Sorry but now you are making me giggle....'naff off, we like to be objective' HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

I will go back to the other forum but only because I feel that your dull wit might rub off!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:36 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Those who are unhappy do not necessarily blame the country. They simply point out the things that they don't like about the place. Unfortunately some people who do like it here object to that and become abusive, start silly name calling and hurling personal insults. Everyone is entiltled to their opinion without being called an idiot, bell-end, moron etc.etc.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:42 am
Banned

Sorry but now you are making me giggle....'naff off, we like to be objective' HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA

I will go back to the other forum but only because I feel that your dull wit might rub off!
Good see ya .bye bye .
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by sassenach
vash was bleating on about some of the anti australian remarks he has had in the uk ,and yet he is no better himself .He as far as im concerned is a hypocrit and no more likes living among the english than i do amongst the australians ,except i say so he doesnt ,and the use of pom in the context he has wrote it is a racial sliur and thus should be banned or at least warned and if he isnt the whole site as far as im concerned is hypocritical
Good grief, you're a thin-skinned Pom, and no mistake!

FYI, I do enjoy living amonst the English, thankyou very much. It would be pretty crazy if I didn't, seeing as I am half-English myself. I have a good job, I work with a great bunch of people, I've made dozens of friends here in the UK, and I've come to appreciate what this country has to offer.

Here, read this post and take a step into the real world.

Oh, and I notice you didn't mention my other comments about the anti-English bigotry I suffered when I was a kid at high school Down Under. Because that doesn't really fit into your view of me, does it?

I see people slagging off Aussies on this forum almost every day. But I don't sit there slagging of the English (though I occasionally take issue with a few parochial Poms). And to claim that "Pom" itself is some sort of racist slur... well, that's patently ridiculous.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 25th 2006 at 10:57 am.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can I refer you guys to THIS POST

Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why do they bother?

Ooops...

Henceforth, you will find me on the Naughty Step.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Ooops...

You won't be alone, there are several others joining you there
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Ooops...

It's alright Vash you can get off the step, they are sending Margaret3 round to beat you
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:26 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's alright Vash you can get off the step, they are sending Margaret3 round to beat you

I live closer! Let it be me, Let it be me!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I live closer! Let it be me, Let it be me!

You could go hold him down for her if you like
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:29 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Wendy
You could go hold him down for her if you like

yippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeee!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.