Why do they bother?

Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by by the sea side
This is so true.I have become more English since I have been here and mainly because of their I'm the greatest attidude.
Have to admit I have found much the same happening to me. You get tired of being told how inferior your country is (and every other outside of Australia)
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:57 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
Simon Hills not on it any more is he? I met him when I was over there. Nice bloke. I'd imagine now he's gone, "The World game" (arf!) is probably just one anti-English onslaught. I love how that oily idiot Foster belives that anyone with a Brazillian/Dutch/French passport must be a tactical genius, and all the Aussies have to do is hand them Aussie passports and Australia will start churning out hundreds of Ronaldos. I also like how anyone in Australian football coaching who has a vague connection to Britain is regarded as British and not Australian, and therefore responsbile for Australia's abysmal footballing record. If Australia hadn't been in the football wilderness for decades they'd all be regarded as true blue Aussies.
That's a good point I haven't seen him for a while. He does the hip knocking dance with the (ex) SBS presenter Stephanie Brantz. I believe she's gone to Ch9 now so maybe Hill has followed. He could still be at SBS, as I say I don't really watch it anymore. Beats me how they can call their program the 'World Game' when they refused to cough up an extra $270k pa to secure the EPL show they used to have, they don't show any Serie A or La Liga, they don't even have the rights to their own league.

Nowadays it's just 4hrs of Talking Aussie heads living in fantasy land about how great they are going to be
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louise4
Whilst we were out in oz we spent time with OH sisters 'friends' who were true blue bloody Australians . The hubby of the couple was a complete t**ser and all he kept saying was I'd like to thank your ancestors for sending my great great great granddad out here to gods own country. it's the best place on earth to live yudda yudda yudda' and then once we had told them of the decision to return tot he uk we had (please read in a twangy aussie voice hehe) 'why the bladdy hell would ya wanna do a thing like that, you'll get home and regret it. you'll wanna get on the first plane back. it's dirty, it's overcrowded it's this that and the other'.

Now i really couldn't give two dead ducks for what anybody else thinks, but i think it just sums up what people here are trying to say about the (sometimes) aussie attitude.
If i were talking to an aussie about them returning home i would never have the audacity to say anything like that to them. i have some very low opinions on life in oz. but they are my opinions and would never try to inflict my views on anybody. everyone can have an opinion, it is just the way it is put across and also how far people go with their views without taking into consideration that they are in fact telling people that they want to live in the worlds biggest shithole (which it isn't, the uk that is) and that it is their fault for not trying
We gave it our all and after being in oz did we notice the dirt and grime, the over populated streets and crime.
Nope, we noticed we had freedom, freedom from oz, we could travel anywhere for a few quid, we noticed that everyone had different ways of doing things and thats fine, it's interesting and we noticed that people in the uk have manners when it come to other people choices and accept them for what they are, other people decisions based on those people themselves.
I hope my sis-in-laws friend gets his head out of arse soon or he might never be seen again
Yes how true this is. I joined a womens group here when I first came here.Thw women did nothing but fish for compliments on Rockhampton (yuk) and Australia I went with the flow for a couple pf weeks until they started on England and guess what not one of these bloody women had ever been there!I got fed up gave some back, glazed over look in the eyes.I think they are tactless and rude I would never have done that in the reverse situation.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:47 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old William
Who the **** are the godsquad and whats the best way to wind them up?
to windthem up I just post they seem to go mental when I post not sure why though
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:55 am
FPM
Banned

FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
to windthem up I just post they seem to go mental when I post not sure why though
Lack of distractions, shortage of Prozac?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:00 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Lack of distractions, shortage of Prozac?
that would explain alot whats worse are the wanna be's I don't think they take their med's properly
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
That should liven up todays staff meeting!
My (Aussie) friend and I briefed the staff meeting about this travel thing, and the woman from the previous day spoke up with "I think its a disgrace! This company they are using isn't even Australian, its ENGLISH!"

Stunned silence.
She looked round the room.
2 Brits,
2 Irish
4 Aussies..............

I just said "And wants wrong with English.......?"

Never had the next agenda item brought up so fast
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:45 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

My (Aussie) friend and I briefed the staff meeting about this travel thing, and the woman from the previous day spoke up with "I think its a disgrace! This company they are using isn't even Australian, its ENGLISH!"

Stunned silence.
2 Brits,
2 Irish
4 Aussies..............

Brilliant bet her face was as red as the su baked earth at ularu (sp)
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:47 pm
FPM
Banned

Well if she's one of the smart Aussies, she'll have a really witty reply ready by lunchtime Monday
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Stunned silence.
2 Brits,
2 Irish
4 Aussies..............

Serves her right silly moo!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FPM
Well if she's one of the smart Aussies, she'll have a really witty reply ready by lunchtime Monday
I think it's the permanent exposure to the sun upside down
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:56 pm
beam me up scotty

Originally Posted by by the sea side
I think it's the permanent exposure to the sun upside down
actually a good point Aussies think the sun shines out of the arse but being inverted the way they are it shine in and fries their brains
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:04 pm
FPM
Banned

Originally Posted by toandfro
actually a good point Aussies think the sun shines out of the arse but being inverted the way they are it shine in and fries their brains
LAFF
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
It was the "historic victory" stance that had me perplexed at the time. However, I had a quick google yesterday and have now come to realise that all sporting victories are reported as "historic" in Australia: historic victory against Japan ....historic victory against Uruguay.....historic victory in the team pursuit.....historic victory in India....historic victory over the British Lions.....historic victory in Dunedin.....historic victory over the Springboks.... and so on.

I guess I hadn't been in Australia long enough to know that this is just the media style!
I think it's just their need to create history where none really exists. They have so much to do to catch up with England.

Run for covaaaahhhh!!! :scared:
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Have to admit I have found much the same happening to me. You get tired of being told how inferior your country is (and every other outside of Australia)
Ditto, in the last few years. I've been here 20 years and I don't remember it being this bad before. Wonder if it's anything to do with our PM/Gov't constantly banging on about mateship and this word "unAustralian" that keeps popping up, which started, I believe, in Canberra? I used to love it here, now I am really, really, over it. They create this situation then they insult us for feeling bad about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.