Why do they bother?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:45 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw

I just don't understand why people buy into this bull.
It's the government. They've got Prozac in spore form and sent it out through the tv.

There's only one antidote, copious amounts of UKTV and independant thinking. You are Number Six (watch out for that beachball of death)
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
They don't reply because they don't have a Customer Complaint department. Who could complain when you're living in Godzone and the country run by myriad genii and everthing is cheapest in the world, and the best.

You sound like a whinger to me.
Ones of my tasks involves sourcing equipment for the State Emergency Service. So this week we were trying to get some new torches - the kind you fit to helmets, like miners have. Very big contract, lots of money involved, but the word "Emergency" sort of implies that we need the supplies FAST if theres some event like Cyclone Larry.
So I ring the company after we have looked at the quote. Took me 4 calls to find someone that could put me through to the ordering dept. Then I have to deal with someone who doesn't know how to fill in the order form. I ask to speak to his boss, then I hear the conversation in the background "oh if its an order they'll have to phone tomorrow and speak to Matt. we don't do orders when hes not here!"
Having finally got Matt next day, he finds it hard to comprehend the fact that I am stressing they only get alarge order if they can guarantee supply. He also says that they only hold 1 in stock and the rest are ordered from Perth as needed and are sent by road. "So if we had another cyclone how soon could you get us a decent supply?" "Oh, should be here in a couple of weeks"
And he STILL can't see the problem!!!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FPM
They don't reply because they don't have a Customer Complaint department. Who could complain when you're living in Godzone and the country run by myriad genii and everthing is cheapest in the world, and the best.

You sound like a whinger to me.
I don't like being taken for a mug.We have a ford with central locking.We were burgaled and they stole the keys.The locks on the car were changed under insurance but when it came back the cenral locking didn't work.When we took it back they charged $60.00 to look at it then said it needee repairing cost$600.00!It had been working when the car keys were stolen. Am I missing something?If I am crazy and this is very possible please tell me!
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ones of my tasks involves sourcing equipment for the State Emergency Service. So this week we were trying to get some new torches - the kind you fit to helmets, like miners have. Very big contract, lots of money involved, but the word "Emergency" sort of implies that we need the supplies FAST if theres some event like Cyclone Larry.
So I ring the company after we have looked at the quote. Took me 4 calls to find someone that could put me through to the ordering dept. Then I have to deal with someone who doesn't know how to fill in the order form. I ask to speak to his boss, then I hear the conversation in the background "oh if its an order they'll have to phone tomorrow and speak to Matt. we don't do orders when hes not here!"
Having finally got Matt next day, he finds it hard to comprehend the fact that I am stressing they only get alarge order if they can guarantee supply. He also says that they only hold 1 in stock and the rest are ordered from Perth as needed and are sent by road. "So if we had another cyclone how soon could you get us a decent supply?" "Oh, should be here in a couple of weeks"

I have ben told that this is because they are laid back??????????
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
It's the government. They've got Prozac in spore form and sent it out through the tv.
I think they've got a guy working undercover on the Oz forum of this site.
Old Nov 30th 2006, 8:55 pm
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, I'm a professional Procurement & Contract Mgr and I work for NSW state gov. (thankfully I contract and today is my last day. Monday i head back into the private telco corp world,,goodbye stupid gov rules, hello corp card, paid for mobile and lots of travel , wohoo ).

But if your rules are the same any supplier should be on the period panel contract for the QLD Dept of Commerce. I usually find threats of removing them from the Commerce contract usually gets some action. Sad it comes to that though.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 6:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Oh don't get me started too (don't want blood pressure like yours ). Did you read the thread yesterday about how Australian fruit and veg is expensive because you are paying the price for ethical practices whereas in the UK, it's dirt cheap because chains like Tesco are operating exploitation regimes. Yet, funnily enough, no mention of the fact that Oz fruit prices have gone up by 37% in the last year but prices paid to farmers have only gone up by 2% (or the fact that climate/disease issues might contribute towards supply/demand imbalance).
I know, and it's all just nonsense. The only losers here due to the anticompetative envionment and protectionism are the farmers and the consumers. The rest of the world manages just fine with parasites etc, But here it's just another excuse to fleece the public and what amazes me the most is the public just bend over and take it.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arkon
I know, and it's all just nonsense. The only losers here due to the anticompetative envionment and protectionism are the farmers and the consumers. The rest of the world manages just fine with parasites etc, But here it's just another excuse to fleece the public and what amazes me the most is the public just bend over and take it.
They bend over and take it because they are brainwashed,to complain or protest is unAustralian.Doesn't it make you realize how free we really are in Britain?We still have some fire in our belly's, if we don't like something we will speak up or even protest.I have been saying the same has your post for months.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:12 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

We were discussing the price of fruit and veg a few weeks back at work, and the comments from the Aussies was that they will always buy Australian because they are patriotic. I said I would buy something if it was cheaper, regardless of where it came from. Should have seen the looks on their faces
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:57 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sass73
We were discussing the price of fruit and veg a few weeks back at work, and the comments from the Aussies was that they will always buy Australian because they are patriotic. I said I would buy something if it was cheaper, regardless of where it came from. Should have seen the looks on their faces
Doesn't this just sum up all that is wrong with Australia, Their culture is not one that wants the best but one that wants any old rubbish just so long as it's made in Australia. (I use the word culture in the loosest possible way as I think a prostitute probably has more culture growing under her breasts!)
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what I'm finding all around me at work. They will buy any old rubbish, as long as its Australian rubbish.. I just can't understand the logic.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:34 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

Thats what I'm finding all around me at work. They will buy any old rubbish, as long as its Australian rubbish.. I just can't understand the logic.
This reminds me of a year ago when I went to buy and air wrench at the tool shop, by then I'd had enough of chinese and Australian stuff working once then breaking so when the guy showed me his $49 made in Oz one I asked if he had any others. He was very shocked I didn't automatically want the shite one, he reluctantly said he had a Japanese one but it was very expensive. I just said I'd have it without even looking at it or knowing the price and you would think I'd just grown an extra head by his reaction. Well the long and the short of it is it cost me a whopping $89 and guess what it's still working great a year later.

There is a definate attitude of don't care how good it is, just has to be cheap, even to the detrement that it might not even be fit for purpose.

I just don't get it!
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

I sometimes wonder where their brains are situated. Most of the stuff sold here is from China anyway. Theres not a lot from here unless you eat and get pissed all the time.

Whisky
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

It's definitely Chinese...

Not everyone buys Australian all the time you know - there's not much left. I know stacks of people who buy German (even English) power tools, and hate Chinese rubbish - not much Aussie left now - and I do have a Triton workbench which is not a bad Aussie invention.

I don't know who you guys are hanging around with! :scared: (!)
Old Dec 1st 2006, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
This reminds me of a year ago when I went to buy and air wrench at the tool shop, by then I'd had enough of chinese and Australian stuff working once then breaking so when the guy showed me his $49 made in Oz one I asked if he had any others. He was very shocked I didn't automatically want the shite one, he reluctantly said he had a Japanese one but it was very expensive.

There is a definate attitude of don't care how good it is, just has to be cheap, even to the detrement that it might not even be fit for purpose.

I just don't get it!
Most workmen I know subscribe to the adage - 'buy cheap, buy twice'.
The cheap stuff you see is for the hobbyist, and depending on the duty cycle it gets may be the buy for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.