Why do they bother?

Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why do they bother?

Originally Posted by chance to be
c

the other day (dare i say it?) i went on the PIP website and there was a godsquad whos OP was if you are a whinger f off to Costa del sol. Since he'd only been there a few weeks i pointed out he should not judge others having a hard time too harshly as it may come back to haunt him. Among other things GSquad told me i was a fridgid f**k, ugly,get my tits out(now THAT is a joke!) slut. I was really upset by it and the thread was eventually closed but not because of his inappropriateness, but mine
and then they wonder why i commented about the type of wa***kers some people let in honest to god, it was so unprovoked
c

Are you Chrissy? i also saw that thread. It was disgusting the way he spoke to people. He deserved all the crap he got back, i hope he has been banned!
If it is you Chrissy Kath was asking how you are doing?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, need to put my Mods hat on briefly and refer you all to rule 7 (cos we don't want the thread closed or deleted!)

"7. We realize members of BritishExpats may also be members of other forums, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums, their administrators, moderators, or their members."

Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that there's a collective chip on the shoulder of Australia.

I don't really understand it bearing in mind what the country has to offer.

You see it all the time. I can't imagine being in the UK and going on an Aussie Ex-pats site all of the time to defend the UK - I'm happy that the UK is a great country as well as it having downsides. Perhaps it's because the UK is such a major economic and cultural power that makes Brits feel less need to defend it against allcomers.

The Ashes is the latest expression of the chip - the Aussies are desperate to beat the Poms. You here it on talkback radio - just desperate to win - maybe at all costs.

The English can have a superior attitude - and in certain circumstances - such as quality of the media, London, history (empire etc) maybe this is deserved (it's certainly why I never feel offended by being called a Pom or having my country of birth slated. Given the UK's history and all that it has going for it, somebody really verbally attacking the UK is just laughable). But goodness me there is a real issue here with some Aussies.

Have to say that my work colleagues (Aussies) are excellent - no chips at all that I've seen. But they are well-educated and often well-travelled.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:12 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I
The Ashes is the latest expression of the chip - the Aussies are desperate to beat the Poms. You here it on talkback radio - just desperate to win - maybe at all costs.

Oh boy, and won't we have to endure hours upon hours of crap and boasting if they beat the UK. They hated it when we won last year. They put it down to the bad weather!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:13 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You see it all the time. I can't imagine being in the UK and going on an Aussie Ex-pats site all of the time to defend the UK - I'm happy that the UK is a great country as well as it having downsides. Perhaps it's because the UK is such a major economic and cultural power that makes Brits feel less need to defend it against allcomers.

The English can have a superior attitude - and in certain circumstances - such as quality of the media, London, history (empire etc) maybe this is deserved (it's certainly why I never feel offended by being called a Pom or having my country of birth slated. Given the UK's history and all that it has going for it, somebody really verbally attacking the UK is just laughable). But goodness me there is a real issue here with some Aussies.

Have to say that my work colleagues (Aussies) are excellent - no chips at all that I've seen. But they are well-educated and often well-travelled.
Last Ashes series was very funny in my workplace - the Aussie were very happy to discuss it, until the last test. Then when the Poms started to win, the Aussies started to go quiet. When the Poms actually took the Ashes, the Aussies clammed up. I couldn't get a soul to discuss the series after the last day - and that was with me supporting Australia too. They just wanted to pretend it had never happened
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Last Ashes series was very funny in my workplace - the Aussie were very happy to discuss it, until the last test. Then when the Poms started to win, the Aussies started to go quiet. When the Poms actually took the Ashes, the Aussies clammed up. I couldn't get a soul to discuss the series after the last day - and that was with me supporting Australia too. They just wanted to pretend it had never happened
Same for all the sports. When GB won the first Rugby League test I was told to '**** off' when I tried to talk about it.. odd how they wanted it discussed at length when Oz won the last one.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Same for all the sports. When GB won the first Rugby League test I was told to '**** off' when I tried to talk about it.. odd how they wanted it discussed at length when Oz won the last one.
That's a neat trick... I didn't actually swear in my post, I an Irish version of 'go forth and multiple' yet it padded it out with ****. Never noticed that before.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:45 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Its a well known fact that the stupid game of cricket was only invented to keep the colonials happy because they got f--k all else to do .
Old Nov 24th 2006, 9:51 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

I cant for the life of me understand this fascination for sport .I couldnt give a rats arse about it ,i used to love going to the football in england but mostly that was because i used to love gettin drunk with my mates and have a good sing song .Now the english are doing it at the criket and how do the aussies react ,well they take our trumpet away and kick him out the ground for a day ,frigginn anti -fun police .
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:27 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
I cant for the life of me understand this fascination for sport .I couldnt give a rats arse about it ,i used to love going to the football in england but mostly that was because i used to love gettin drunk with my mates and have a good sing song .Now the english are doing it at the criket and how do the aussies react ,well they take our trumpet away and kick him out the ground for a day ,frigginn anti -fun police .
Fascination? It's complete obsession. A woman I work with (an Aussie) even told me how disgusted she is with the way the country is totally obsessed. It's hard to comprehend just how much it means to them to win - they will do absolutely anything to get a win. I'd heard too about the police in Brisbane threatening the barmy army when they were singing and splitting them up around the ground.

Why do they feel they have to prove themselves so much?

We'll be watching the rugby tomorow night - come on you Kiwis!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sassenach
Its a bit strange isn't it - been to England vs Aus cricket matches twice here before, going to the Ashes at the Gabba tomorrow, but the atmosphere doesn't compare to the ones I've been to in the UK. Can't really explain it, but its almost more of an atmosphere of wanting a good match, rather than wanting to be nationalistic.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Were you in Oz when Australia played England in a football (soccer) friendly? Australia won and the following day's headlines in the Oz press claimed a "historic victory". Some months later, the game was released on DVD and plugged to death on the TV for Father's Day. It just seemed really desperate to have to sell DVDs of a 'friendly' .
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys, need to put my Mods hat on briefly and refer you all to rule 7 (cos we don't want the thread closed or deleted!)

"7. We realize members of BritishExpats may also be members of other forums, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums, their administrators, moderators, or their members."

Thanks
sorry Polly, my mistake
c
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:05 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by chance to be
sorry Polly, my mistake
c
No worries Just wanted to make a point before things went too far!!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:16 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Were you in Oz when Australia played England in a football (soccer) friendly? Australia won and the following day's headlines in the Oz press claimed a "historic victory". Some months later, the game was released on DVD and plugged to death on the TV for Father's Day. It just seemed really desperate to have to sell DVDs of a 'friendly' .
Oh dear - they really are getting sad now. I wonder why they feel the need

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.